As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    "By the way, you smell great" :lol:

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    VR!

4K!

FURY!

6 core monitors! :P

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Is this like an AMD valve box type thing?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm laughing at like 90% of the twitch comments asking where Half-Life 3 is :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    Small video cards are the future, for some reason I guess. Moar games please.

Well, yeah. Making things smaller and more power efficient is what they always do. The Nano is basically 290X performance at half the power draw and size. It's actually pretty impressive.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    AMD has my heart just because I can buy their mid-level hardware with my spare change.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Whenever an AMD rep says "very elegant cooling" about their products I just snort and laugh

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    giantbomb straight up talking the big 3 sony announcements right now. I'm not paying attention tho

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Well, yeah. Making things smaller and more power efficient is what they always do. The Nano is basically 290X performance at half the power draw and size. It's actually pretty impressive.
    Yea that's neat but it's just a circuit board until I see some benchmarks and demos. I don't care until I see what it can do.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    giantbomb straight up talking the big 3 sony announcements right now. I'm not paying attention tho

Jeff at least admitting they should make the 3 big games announced, he just isn't a fan of any of them.

Someone who doesn't like Ico or SotC has no joy left in his heart.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Huh, the bohemia interactive guys are cute.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Butcher wrote: »
    Only bad part of this is this AMD shit

GPU promotion is not interesting

It could be worse, have you watched a Nvidia conference?

I'd like to like AMD, because Nvidia are a terrible company, but they make it so hard to do so.

Anyway, this is a weird conference, like a cross between an E3 stream and a conference. I'd prefer it if they'd just done a stream, to be honest, that way I could look at the schedule and only watch the stuff I'm interested in.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Yea that's neat but it's just a circuit board until I see some benchmarks and demos. I don't care until I see what it can do.

*shrug*. AMD's new GPUs have some radical new shit, and I don't mind they flaunt it a bit if only to stay relevant against Nvidia, because the last thing we need is to have a one-horse race in that market.

• Options
    Waaaah?! Kerbal Space Program is coming to PS4.

I have no idea how it'd work with a controller.

• Options
    More Beyond Eyes. I'd like to see a bit more of this game.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Why is this poor blind girl all by herself?

How could her parents be so irresponsible? :(

• Options
    Oh my god this was at the Microsoft conference and I want to see more of this so bad

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Looks interesting, reminds me of this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOtr2CL_lQ

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Waaaah?! Kerbal Space Program is coming to PS4.

I have no idea how it'd work with a controller.

Hilariously.

• Options
    Dirty Bomb!
    It's alright! Check it out!

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Gun Game: The Game Where Eccentric Characters Shoot You With Their Guns And Also Want Money.

Guns.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Dirty Bomb!
    It's alright! Check it out!

Does it have the ET feel? Everything they've done since has been pants.

I played the shit out of ET and never found a multiplayer fps game to replace it.

It looks like it's got attitude.

• Options
    It's free to play on steam.

• Options
    It's got pretty fast movespeed and UT-like gun handling. Ironsights are entirely optional and most classes have some crazy OP ability, which makes the imbalance balanced in a fun, Modern Warfare 2-type thing.

Economy could be improved, but the core gameplay is solid! What really attracts me to it is the fact that I've never felt that a team is being cornered or spawn-camped in a situation that can't be broken somehow. I've always felt like offensive and defensive solutions are always obvious in this game, which feels pretty liberating!

• Options
    Oh man I want Soma.

But God please can you stop making horror trailers where characters talk?

Stop talking!!!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ok, so am i the only one that was hoping for the SeaLab theme to kick in during that trailer?

• Options
    Ohey Dead Space-Event Horizon-like-Slenderman?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm betting Wooly World is delayed in the US (compared to everyone else) because they are finalizing a Wooly World theme for DLC in Super Mario Maker that they will launch alongside it.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options

Is that because I made fun of Dirty Bomb? :(

I can't help it. Every time I see yet another gun game I think of the GB gun song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGBINrZsIQ

• Options
    It's got pretty fast movespeed and UT-like gun handling. Ironsights are entirely optional and most classes have some crazy OP ability, which makes the imbalance balanced in a fun, Modern Warfare 2-type thing.

Economy could be improved, but the core gameplay is solid! What really attracts me to it is the fact that I've never felt that a team is being cornered or spawn-camped in a situation that can't be broken somehow. I've always felt like offensive and defensive solutions are always obvious in this game, which feels pretty liberating!

Ok, you convinced me. Gonna check this out.

• Options
    CLIFFY YAY

Is that because I made fun of Dirty Bomb? :(

I can't help it. Every time I see yet another gun game I think of the GB gun song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGBINrZsIQ

Your post hadn't shown up when I was writing mine! :P

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I still remember cliffyb's world. I am an old.

• Options
    Dodging enthusiast and gun historian with matching manly beards.

Definitely a Devolver studio.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I am so ready for Enter the Gungeon.

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Houn wrote: »
    I still remember cliffyb's world. I am an old.

Nah, the only people who don't are teenagers or very young 20-somethings. I'm 26 and he's a only a tier below guys like Carmack and Spector for me. I grew up on Unreal 1 and the UT's.

Butcher on
  • Options
    Johanna's character design is so boss.

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Enter the Gungeon might have the distinction of being the first on-stage demo that wasn't staged.

• Options
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Enter the Gungeon might have the distinction of being the first on-stage demo that wasn't staged.

Did you miss the Uncharted 4 demo?

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Also, Rainbow 6 Siege.

• Options
    It's really quite incredible that I actually don't care much for Legacy of the Void and I'm afraid what narmy writing is going to ruin the characters I loved since Brood War

This discussion has been closed.