As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chrome Crashes when using YouTube

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
Starting a couple days ago, when I use Chrome on my laptop (but not on my desktop), the video will freeze after a couple seconds and Chrome itself will become unresponsive. This happens both with embedded videos and on YouTube's site.

I've disabled all Extensions, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and turned on/off hardware acceleration, and it's still happening. I am able to watch YouTube fine in other browsers, but I like using Chrome for everything.

Has anyone else seen this?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    One of a billion chrome issues with how it is designed. I've gotten it to stop by manually shutting down all chrome processes on my computer (even after closing it there are usually a bunch eating up ram) and reopening chrome.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    It might be because Adobe's Flash plugin is interfering with Chrome's Flash plugin, although I thought YouTube was going exclusively HTML5 video now, so maybe that's not it.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)