Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Chrome Crashes when using YouTube

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
Starting a couple days ago, when I use Chrome on my laptop (but not on my desktop), the video will freeze after a couple seconds and Chrome itself will become unresponsive. This happens both with embedded videos and on YouTube's site.

I've disabled all Extensions, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and turned on/off hardware acceleration, and it's still happening. I am able to watch YouTube fine in other browsers, but I like using Chrome for everything.

Has anyone else seen this?

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    One of a billion chrome issues with how it is designed. I've gotten it to stop by manually shutting down all chrome processes on my computer (even after closing it there are usually a bunch eating up ram) and reopening chrome.

Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart.

I make Encounter Maps for Pathfinder and D&D! Check them out here: https://falleron.com/
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist Registered User regular
    It might be because Adobe's Flash plugin is interfering with Chrome's Flash plugin, although I thought YouTube was going exclusively HTML5 video now, so maybe that's not it.