As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Its a great big [Steven Universe] out there!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Uhhh, yeah, I know

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    A thought about today's episode.

JESUS!

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    did I hear correctly that all the monster gems are fallen gems from the war? And apparently all the ones in kindergarten that are artificially fused together now have been there a while, preventing the crystal gems from finishing the collection?

When any gem has their gem damaged/destroyed, do they become a monster like the ones they've been fighting?

How did all those broken gems get to kindergarten? Was homeworld gathering them even during the war? I thought peridot was specifically just fusing them? Was that what she originally came here to do, or is that a new plan after encountering garnet and the crystal gems?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Crystal clods!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Naphtali wrote: »
    One of the remaining episodes could still take place before Connie the Swordfighter. (Or even before Reformed)
    No one has confirmed these are airing in order

no, that's not the problem

reformed last aired a month or so ago, and was a lone episode so it wasn't released to itunes/amazon

reformed/sworn to the sword should have gone up in a pair, not sworn to the sword/renaldo.

even if they pair this out of sequence episode with reformed, it will be placed after these episodes in itunes/amazon (they never fixed political power and the others ones being out of sync)

I doubt they'll ever fix that, because the order online is most likely done that way on purpose so that people can buy the 2 parter as a single package instead of having to buy 4 episodes to watch The Return/Jailbreak.

If it was done in the correct broadcast order, the 2 parter would be split between 47/48 and 49/50.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I mean, ideally they'd be in production order so return/jailbreak would be 51/52

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    A thought about today's episode.

JESUS!

Yeah, that was fucked.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Really good garnet stuff this episode

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Man this was a great episode, also homeworld gems, you guys are the Worst like geeze

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Keeping it Together Episode.
    FUCK. HOMEWORLD.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    :cry:

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Steven's reaction to Peridot's question was hilarious.

Also the screams of those gems during the big monster's transformation will haunt my dreams.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Only the screams?
    3fDq2dS.png

• Options
    Steven universe: songs, family and
    light body horror

• Options
    edited June 2015
    This was not light.

Goatmon on

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    This was not light.
    So, is this the episode that's going to take the crown from Cat Fingers as the one we think of when somebody says "Steven Universe... damn that's just not right..."?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    did I hear correctly that all the monster gems are fallen gems from the war? And apparently all the ones in kindergarten that are artificially fused together now have been there a while, preventing the crystal gems from finishing the collection?

When any gem has their gem damaged/destroyed, do they become a monster like the ones they've been fighting?

How did all those broken gems get to kindergarten? Was homeworld gathering them even during the war? I thought peridot was specifically just fusing them? Was that what she originally came here to do, or is that a new plan after encountering garnet and the crystal gems?
    Well

First, Pearl confirmed that the monsters are corrupted gems back during Ocean Gem, so that's already established.

Second, we've seen before that a gem broken into shards doesn't necessarily make a gem into a monster, but simply reduces them to scattered parts that aren't a single body anymore. Remember all those gross scattered arms from the Secret Team episode, that got loose when they accidentally let a bunch of gem shards loose?

Third, Greg's conversation with Steven in The Return has me assuming some kind of WMD was the cause of the gem corruption, and that Rose's bubble is the only reason why she and the other Crystal Gems were spared from that fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub80-YOduTw

As for how the other shards got to the kindergarden...
    BeZSgu3.jpg

Goatmon on

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm really looking forward to the next two days of Steven Bomb, especially if they build off of this

• Options
    So I was thinking about this ep
    What the homeworld did is fucked, that is no question

But the Crystal Gems imprisoned Lapis for... tens of thousands of years?

That's super fucked too and though I completely understand garnets reaction

I think she has a bit of a blind spot here

• Options
    The kindergarten must have been a homeworld base. It's not unheard of not to be able to easily recover the fallen in these battles I'd imagine. Gather up the dead enemy to perform fusion experiments hidden underground in the kindergarten. Rose's crew back then shut down the place but they had no idea about the stuff underground until they discovered it with Steven.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Two more days before I can watch this....

• Options
    I'm kinda anxious to rewatch secret team and marble madness to see how much of this was already underway.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I don't think the Crystal Gems imprisoned Lapis.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    They definitely didn't let her out though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It's never said that they trapped her, but Lapis does say (paraphrasing) "You knew I was in there the whole time, and you never even tried to help me!"

So even if they may not have been the judges, but they were certainly the wardens.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    About Lapis
    The Gems found that mirror at the Galaxy hub.

We don't know how long it was there or why but they clearly didn't know there was a mind in it until Steven used it. At the very least our cast had nothing to do with her confinement

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    We first saw Lapis' mirror when Pearl summoned it from her gem. Where does Pearl keep all this stuff? Police tape, bandages, etc. Pearl seems to be the only gem to have this hammerspace ability.

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I think we know what the
    cluster
    Peridot was talking about in Jailbreak is now.

Also, the husband converted himself and we've been marathoning episodes.

• Options
    It's never said that they trapped her, but Lapis does say (paraphrasing) "You knew I was in there the whole time, and you never even tried to help me!"

So even if they may not have been the judges, but they were certainly the wardens.

Pearl says "It shouldn't be able to do anything but take orders"

that don't sound cool to me

• Options

Agreed but they did know the gem was damaged. Lapis may have been hiding from the Crystal Gems because she thought of them as the "bad guys" so it's possibly Pearl and the gang had no idea she was still a conscious "person" and not a damaged and deranged gem fragment. They don't seem able to do anything about healing fragments. So far only Steven has done that.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It's only 'not cool' if they know it is a Gem.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options

The way they were talking, I can't be sure if Pearl did or didn't know the gem powering the mirror was conscious of what was happening.

So I can't really be sure how to feel about that whole mess.

• Options
    he didn't specifically heal her in mirror gem, he just kinda tossed her in the ocean and the water freed her from the mirror somehow

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I think you're remembering it differently than it went down.

He yanked her gem out of the mirror.

Steven intentionally set her free, even if he didn't know who he was helping at the time.

Goatmon on

• Options
    he didn't specifically heal her in mirror gem, he just kinda tossed her in the ocean and the water freed her from the mirror somehow

He healed her gem after she had reformed which was what I was referring to.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

Reminder that the Crystal Gems haven't interacted with anything but corrupted gems for 6000 some years

All of which even Rose was unable to heal

It's entirely possible they just assumed with was another corrupted gem that was also broken, but able to do something useful

When it was clear it wasn't corrupted, well, they were then dealing with another Gem. Every other Gem in the universe presumably thinks they are traitors.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So this episode
    So when a Gem Shatters it "dies". We've known this for a bit.
    We see the arms from secret team and this episode confirms they're gem fragments that came from fallen Gems

So if a gem breaks some portion of it's code for lack of a better term can still sort of manifest in shards

The thing is the Gems in Cluster weren't shards.

So Homeworld captured Crystal Gems and forcibly bound them together in addition to experimenting on the dead. I assume to make an entirely new gem as strong as a normal fusion but without the stability issues

Oh and Peridot has a successful result of the experiment and presumably it's obedient to her

Things are looking up!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Spoilers for Keeping It Together.
    I'm still hoping Peridot gets a redemption arc, but they're really going to have to work at it now.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    On the lighter side of things,
    I'm glad we're sticking to the bit where Peridot is a complete non-entity in a fight. A villain who just sprints off in a blind panic the instant the heroes show up is amusing to me.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Oh shit, the Crystal Gems! Cheese it!

This discussion has been closed.