As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I don't think they'll go for cat with Kirby, but I can ask.

Edit: well that's a weird totp.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yay I got a message back when in her profile she said she liked Indian food
    So I asked her if she had ever seen the work of art that is Actors read yelp reviews #2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSC7qVRL0w

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Submit a CV

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Submit a CV

I've never scratched up even one piece of furniture and I only shit on the floor occasionally

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    You might want to change occasionally to on request, some people are in to that

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    how you feel about getting sprayed in the face with water?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Reactivating the ol' OkCupid

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i was in love once

then she broke up with me while my mom was in hospice, dying of cancer

so yeah

i'm good

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    So there is an IT company my group has been using for a really long time, and I had to give them a ring last week to get some new programs installed. I wound up spending an hour on the phone with a man with an enchanting Irish accent who apparently moved here a year ago from Dublin and it was actually a pretty nice conversation. And then he was at our workplace the next day and turned out to be pretty cute and I started hatching a plan to need some tech work done on my computer in the future.

....and then I came to work to find out that last Friday was the last day we had with that tech company and now we have a new one. I'm starting to think that I have some kind of Liz Lemon-based curse that won't allow me to have a love life until I've finished marathoning through 30 Rock.

At least... I added him on LinkedIn?

No no, this is good. You'll no longer have to see him in a work-based situation with all its potential trappings of awkwardness. Of course you'll have to come up with a pretext to contact him, but I'm sure there was something that came up in that phone conversation that you might need clarification on.

I agree! This is a positive development!

Grey Ghost wrote: »

You will cry

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Have audience with disappointment

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Just messaged 14 more people

Heeeeeere's hoping

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    How much time did you spend on those

Just messaged 14 more people

Heeeeeere's hoping

On OK Cupid or about moving in as a pet?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I mean, either way, good luck.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

How much time did you spend on those

I mean my general strategy is to look through the profiles for someone I find attractive, read their profile to see if they're interesting to me maybe look at their questions if I'm on the fence, and then send a message asking a question or making a joke about something in their profile, like a show they like or their job or w/e

All told messaging those folks probably took like an hour and a half or so?

edited June 2015
    So

What is the etiquette on sending additional messages to people if they didn't respond the first time

My gut says don't do it, if they were interested they would have responded the first time and you're not going to accomplish anything but annoying someone if you keep messaging them

But on the other hand this girl that I messaged like a month ago keeps popping up in my list of matches and she is both crazy pretty and seems like she has a lot in common with me...

Speed Racer on
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Nah. Multiple messages make it look like you think you're entitled to a response. A second message from someone I haven't responded to has never made me change my mind.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    Yeahhhhh

I knew that was the right answer

I was just hopin someone would tell me my bad idea was okay

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I didn't respond to my boyfriend's message for almost two weeks because I had surgery and wasn't generally on the site a lot anyway.

Not to try and get your hopes up or anything, but sometimes it just takes a while to message people back. Someone sending me multiple messages would just make me uncomfortable.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They may also have not read it, so if they check their messages and there's multiples from one person they haven't communicated with previously, that could be a turn-off.

sig.gif
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Make another profile, photoshop a handlebar mustache to all your photos, and fill in the profile with basically the opposite of what your original profile had, then ask her if she's been contacted by your evil twin?

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    lostwords wrote: »
    Make another profile, photoshop a handlebar mustache to all your photos, and fill in the profile with basically the opposite of what your original profile had, then ask her if she's been contacted by your evil twin?

That never works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5HOk9K6xc

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Yeah I should stop talking board games with women as most of them seem to think what they see at target and toysR is how deep that rabbit hole goes.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Yeah I should stop talking board games with women as most of them seem to think what they see at target and toysR is how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Talk with me about boardgames all you want though.

Conversations like this about board games
    I said
    What kind of Strategy games? ones that last weeks on end like Twilight Imperium? X-Wing?
    40k? Mille Bornes? Decent?
    I could go on and on and get really obscure it seems.

She said
    Mille Bornes is the only one of those I have even heard of...Settler's of Catan, Risk, the less obscure ones I guess. Apples to Apples is fun too.

Nothin' wrong with some Catan or Risk, I bet those games are where a lot of dedicated board gamers got their start. It could actually be a good jumping off point. If she enjoyed them, you could use it as an opportunity to introduce her to some slightly more complex games.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

This kinda smacks of hipster-ism.

You don't know what you don't know

ya know?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    I don't know what I like only know what I don't

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Board game feaver has hit my friend group hard, with the lady friend, my (not counting her) best friend, and me getting the most into it so far.

Roll for all the galaxies yo. All of em.

Also I'm getting married in 17 days like whaaaaaaat

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Man, most people don't really know about boardgames.

Go flirt with some men brain leech, that'll confirm it.

Nothin' wrong with some Catan or Risk, I bet those games are where a lot of dedicated board gamers got their start. It could actually be a good jumping off point. If she enjoyed them, you could use it as an opportunity to introduce her to some slightly more complex games.

I was given my start on Mastermind when I was 4 or such because my mother wanted to see if I could do it
    I could not play clue unless 1 more person was in the game and I could not answer until round ten or until after someone else guessed

trivial pursuit was the game that at home had to at the end answer the whole card correctly or start all over at school when they would play it I either would play it like I did at home or goofed off and half assed it

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I guess I am being introduced to a friend of a friend today.

I guess my friend has wanted to try to set us up for a while.

I'm kinda nervous but I'm sure it'll go fine.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I guess I am being introduced to a friend of a friend today.

I guess my friend has wanted to try to set us up for a while.

I'm kinda nervous but I'm sure it'll go fine.

Just be cool! You'll do great.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    As someone who's been set up before, don't feel pressure to make anything of it. Just go in with an open mind and see what happens. If it goes well, great; if either of you aren't feeling it, that's okay too.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    And even if it is a screaming nightmare train wreck, you get a fun story to tell later!

(it won't be tho, it'll be cool)

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    So

What is the etiquette on sending additional messages to people if they didn't respond the first time

My gut says don't do it, if they were interested they would have responded the first time and you're not going to accomplish anything but annoying someone if you keep messaging them

But on the other hand this girl that I messaged like a month ago keeps popping up in my list of matches and she is both crazy pretty and seems like she has a lot in common with me...

For a first message, no, bad idea

If you've been in a conversation with someone and a message goes unresponded to for a while, then I view the second message as a why not measure

I've done it and had it work out, and I've done it and been subsequently blocked

someone's profile said to ask about their tumblr if you wanted to see their "darker side" and i said why not and asked

and this was the image at the top of it (nsfw) http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_n46u0pBNrr1s1ooqpo1_1397759354_cover.jpg

i

am preeeeeetty smitten

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    someone's profile said to ask about their tumblr if you wanted to see their "darker side" and i said why not and asked

and this was the image at the top of it (nsfw) http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_n46u0pBNrr1s1ooqpo1_1397759354_cover.jpg

i

am preeeeeetty smitten

oh dear

this reminds me of my boyfriend tweeting yaoi at me

it's pretty great

This discussion has been closed.