As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] America

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    http://gizmodo.com/sonys-robotic-dogs-are-dying-a-slow-and-heartbreaking-d-1712160637

"Thanks to a shortage of parts, Sony stopped repairing Aibos in March of last year. Repair work is now left to home-grown technicians, who have to cannibalize some Aibos to fix others. On one level, it’s amazing that the dogs have lasted 16 years, way beyond what I’d ever expect of a gadget these days. But it’s also a sobering reminder that nothing — not even obedient, adorable robot dogs — last forever."

desc on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Me: "Well, I'll be back on Saturday, see you guys later!"
    Incredibly pretty smart new volunteer gal "Aww, are you not coming in on Sunday? I'm only going to be here on Sunday..."
    My Mouth: "Oh, well actually I might come in for a while on Sunday as well, blah blah blah"
    My Brain: "Oh jesus christ, why do you keep doing this? Stop getting all derpy over every new pretty face you idiot!"

I'm srsly so dumb.
    but what if it pays off and you get to rub your pretty face all over this other pretty face or even put parts of the other pretty face in your mouth (which is why your mouth does its thing)

• Options
    Incredibly pretty smart new volunteer gal "Aww, are you not coming in on Sunday? I'm only going to be here on Sunday..."
    My Mouth: "Oh, well actually I might come in for a while on Sunday as well, blah blah blah"
    My Brain: "Oh jesus christ, why do you keep doing this? Stop getting all derpy over every new pretty face you idiot!"

I'm srsly so dumb.

If you're not going to get derpy about pretty girls what are you going to get derpy about

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Let's say I am a healthy adult male. Is there any reason I shouldn't replace all my sodium chloride with potassium chloride?

Fucking about with your potassium levels can cause some minor issues such as sudden heart attacks with no warning.

You'd probably be totally safe, honestly, but it is not a thing I'd do. But I'm paranoid about potassium a bit because my anti-boy pills raise serum potassium so it's a risk for me (SUDDEN HEART ATTACKS, that is).

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Let's say I am a healthy adult male. Is there any reason I shouldn't replace all my sodium chloride with potassium chloride?

iodine? I dunno if they sneak it into potassium chloride so you'd get goiters like whoa

which maybe you're into I unno

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My parents are probably putting my childhood house on the market very soon.

On the one hand, this is sad. And I am losing some things I still have emotional connection to (my cat's grave, for instance, which I'm consider taking a small bit of the dirt from because I kind of need it atm).

But on the OTHER hand, I am gonna try and make off like a bandit. They have a marble surface and marble rolling pin and I AM TAKING IT IT IS MINE NOW

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

EXPENSIVE POWER TOOLS MAYBE?!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

On the one hand, this is sad. And I am losing some things I still have emotional connection to (my cat's grave, for instance, which I'm consider taking a small bit of the dirt from because I kind of need it atm).

But on the OTHER hand, I am gonna try and make off like a bandit. They have a marble surface and marble rolling pin and I AM TAKING IT IT IS MINE NOW

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

my parents are doing the same

I got a 120 year old oak library table out of it that came over with my mom's family from England

so that's cool

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I can't remember if I preordered the steam controller or not.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

There's probably a car in the garage. Grab it quick before someone else calls dibs.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

my parents are doing the same

I got a 120 year old oak library table out of it that came over with my mom's family from England

so that's cool

Pictured: shiv and chanus

ES7WjjG.jpg

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

There's probably a car in the garage. Grab it quick before someone else calls dibs.

I've claimed the well so I can become a warlord (warlady?) when the apocalypse comes.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    This song is my jam today

http://youtu.be/IkwogqwBtVs

desc on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    so tired but not sleepy

why doesn't pre-cata wow still exist. that sounds pleasantly braindead right now

It does still exist, it's just illegal and never works exactly right.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

YES THAT CROCK POT TOO

I've claimed the well so I can become a warlord (warlady?) when the apocalypse comes.

Amateurs. Get a flag and plant it. Claim the whole city.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Fucking about with your potassium levels can cause some minor issues such as sudden heart attacks with no warning.

You'd probably be totally safe, honestly, but it is not a thing I'd do. But I'm paranoid about potassium a bit because my anti-boy pills raise serum potassium so it's a risk for me (SUDDEN HEART ATTACKS, that is).

Yet more reasons to never eat a banana

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    NRK has sound from phone logs and a huge article about an incident

a sudanese asylum seeker, with fresh rejection papers and deportation date the day after, was on a bus crossing the mountains to Oslo.

kart_bilde_nytt.jpg?updated=041120131915

Other than the driver and him, the only other passengers was a swede in his 50s, on his way home to Göteborg after a few months at a nursing home, and a 19 year old student heading back to uni after a visit home.

Somewhere along the route he got up and killed everyone on the bus with a knife. Signs pointed to the driver being attacked first - he stopped the bus safely, while bleeding to death.

Emergency dispatch dropped the ball, and police were informed way too late that there was a knife in play. An off-duty lensmann and his deputy armed themselves and hurried towards the site when the police got told, which was when the firemen had arrived.

Nobody knew how many passengers there was and if any of them were still alive, so the firemen who arrived armed themselves with hammers and fire extinguishers, and stormed the bus.

0sJydz1CVjUjvf8UnA77XgA_hO7Dsheas4D57empxvUA

EDIT: Sudanese.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb has Samantha Kalman on their live show and there's shitty transphobic comments popping up in the chat, which sucks. But they have mods flagging and removing the comments in seconds, plus they announced that they'll be circling back around and issuing temp and perm bans to all the shitbirds after the stream, which is pretty rad.

• Options
    damn abdhy

• Options
    An embarrassment to AMK, the emergency number dispatch, which for good reason has been the focus afterwards, but them firefighters were kinda badass charging a knife murderer because there might be people who are hurt or in danger

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb has Samantha Kalman on their live show and there's shitty transphobic comments popping up in the chat, which sucks. But they have mods flagging and removing the comments in seconds, plus they announced that they'll be circling back around and issuing temp and perm bans to all the shitbirds after the stream, which is pretty rad.

It's nice when people put in at least some effort. It seems like a reasonable number of places are being dragged kicking and screaming out of the "lol don't feed the trolls" line of thinking.

Also guys just don't eat a shitload of salt for fuck's sake. You can cook without that much salt. There are other spices.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I'm srsly so dumb.

If you're not going to get derpy about pretty girls what are you going to get derpy about

judging by some threads post E3? vidja games

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

It's nice when people put in at least some effort. It seems like a reasonable number of places are being dragged kicking and screaming out of the "lol don't feed the trolls" line of thinking.

Also guys just don't eat a shitload of salt for fuck's sake. You can cook without that much salt. There are other spices.
    Uh, what? Banning people is the cornerstone of don't feed the trolls, not the opposite.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Dad are you kidding

"Yes Maddy that thing with all the lights? Space ship. We're near NASA you know."

"Oh you see, when you're asleep Z's come off your head. Only grown ups can see them. *Periodically pulls back the shade on the pram when baby brothers are sleeping to 'let the Z's out'*"

"What's this? Chin, good job! What's this! Nose! Yes it is definitely Nose, not Eye. Nose."

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1989/07/30

I've got the anniversary Calvin and Hobbes collection, which has commentary on all sorts of random C&H comics from Bill Watterson.

It has the one where Calvin's dad convinces him they bought him at K-Mart on a sale. The comment under it is "I don't know how parents resist the urge to abuse their authority".

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    What a stressful work day this has been. I am gonna get out of here like 2hrs late but I am definitely gonna get swole afterwards even if I don't get home until 2am.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    The sudanese man died at the hospital in Bergen, after jumping off a roof in prison. Nobody knows why he did what he did.

It's the second time that the Valdres express has gotten hijacked by an asylum seeker, in fact.

In 2003 an ethiopian also attacked the bus driver with a knife. But this time there were 34 passengers. After stabbing the bus driver he went backwards in the bus, stabbing people at random.
    1984933.jpg

Audun Bøland, the driver, was the only person who died. And he got named the Name of The Year and got Carnegie's medal for heroism, posthumously.

He got it because they were on a twisty stretch of road with sheer rock on one side and a cliff going into the fjord on the other when he got stabbed, and his last efforts he spent keeping his bus on the road and his 34 passengers alive.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I fell asleep wearing my apple watch and it tapped my wrist, woke me up, and said it was time to stand up to meet my fitness goals.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I fell asleep wearing my apple watch and it tapped my wrist, woke me up, and said it was time to stand up to meet my fitness goals.

Sleep is for the fat!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    peter quill, people call me star lord

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    zoe's hair so fkin cute in this movie

• Options

None worth their salt

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Nebula is played by the flippy haired main girl in Occulus

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    The apple watch is just such a silly product. It's not useless but it is probably the most unnecessary thing I own, and I own both a 1 kg tungsten cube and a virtual boy.

A few times a day it does something that makes me laugh the same way that bethesda game bugs make me laugh.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    skippy is this your first time watching that

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Yes. I am not the only one who noticed.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    If salt's good enough for all sea life, it's good enough for me.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Help

I just saw this and I can't even

Wouldn't you just use half as much? ??

TGYFCKWl.jpg

@Spool32 no, because then you'd get half the saltiness taste.

If you look at the bottle, it's a mixture of ionic compounds - sodium chloride and potassium chloride, rather than just sodium chloride. If you're trying to reduce the level of sodium in your diet, but have no issue with potassium, then you can get the same saltiness level for half* the sodium content.

*actually if it's a 1:1 mixture you'd need to add a little more than half as much, since apparently the perception of saltiness with potassium ions is 60% as strong as that of a same-molar solution of sodium ions but w/e

Omg you fking nerd

Science ruins everything

• Options
    Valdresekspressen has done something right with their hiring policy.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Yes. I am not the only one who noticed.

It is omg so flippy.

Flippy hair is the best

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Who was it that was watching "What We Do in the Shadows"? @Delmain ? That was really great

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
This discussion has been closed.