As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] America

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    This is a picture of white noise that Google fed into its image recognition neural network and instructed said network to find images in, over and over again. Since there were no images to be found the network created something from nothing.

h778cdI.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/18/google-image-recognition-neural-network-androids-dream-electric-sheep

nibXTE7.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Who was it that was watching "What We Do in the Shadows"? @Delmain ? That was really great

If it was recently it wasn't me

watching that is tied with the bottle of bourbon as the best thing to come out of being with the Girl What Has Stabbed Police With A Pen While Escaping Hospital

ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    This is a picture of white noise that Google fed into its image recognition neural network and instructed said network to find images in, over and over again. Since there were no images to be found the network created something from nothing.

h778cdI.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/18/google-image-recognition-neural-network-androids-dream-electric-sheep

The ghost of Thomas Kincade is haunting the computer!

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The apple watch is just such a silly product. It's not useless but it is probably the most unnecessary thing I own, and I own both a 1 kg tungsten cube and a virtual boy.

A few times a day it does something that makes me laugh the same way that bethesda game bugs make me laugh.

You should buy one of these for something maximally unnecessary

http://www.curtisaustralia.com/bespoke-pens.html

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/h778cdI

I was thinking it had a great career ahead of it painting murals for Chinese restaurants.

nibXTE7.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    skippy is this your first time watching that

no

I really loke it and I have been playing a lot of star lord in the marvel heroes game

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2015
    A
    The apple watch is just such a silly product. It's not useless but it is probably the most unnecessary thing I own, and I own both a 1 kg tungsten cube and a virtual boy.

A few times a day it does something that makes me laugh the same way that bethesda game bugs make me laugh.

If you were in the developer beta it would probably be completely useless and not just amusing in its weirdness.

My watch is far less enjoyable a device in its current state. But I can definitely see what they are going for, and once native apps and HomeKit happen, it's going to be much more compelling a product.

Not 100%. Not essential at all. I am telling people to hold off right now. But it has promise of being the next great thing.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

h778cdI.jpg

Thomas Kinkade's ghost on acid.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

no

I really loke it and I have been playing a lot of star lord in the marvel heroes game

I just have to finish his achievements for the movie Groot team up. Because yes, I do need three Groot team ups.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @spool32 on the 10 point system what level swamp ass is it in Texas32 today

@TTODewback 14 dripping points out of 10. Weather report suggests residents just stuff a couple of those moisture wicking socks in their crack and and try to make it to Friday. Sales of gold bond are through the roof.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @spool32 on the 10 point system what level swamp ass is it in Texas32 today

@TTODewback 14 dripping points out of 10. Weather report suggests residents just stuff a couple of those moisture wicking socks in their crack and and try to make it to Friday. Sales of gold bond are through the roof.

Gold bond literally worth its weight in gold.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

no

I love it later when the guy is like
    "IT'S STARLORD"

and instead of being worried scary people are about to throw down with him he's like

"FINALLY"

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Haha, Jesus. I set that picture as my wallpaper. I can't find the icons anymore.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    @ronya what is your take on the Hong Kong/Beijing stand off about their political reform?

I am the most epic of gwiloh/matsalay so my understanding is sparse, but there is no way that the mainland backs down, is there?

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Haha, Jesus. I set that picture as my wallpaper. I can't find the icons anymore.

pfft what kinda chump has icons on his desktop

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Skippy's lone agree amongst a crowd of Awesomes stands out every time. :razz:

pfft what kinda chump has icons on his desktop

I like to click on them, they make programs happen

emnmnme wrote: »
    Skippy's lone agree amongst a crowd of Awesomes stands out every time. :razz:

mans gotta have a code

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    @ronya what is your take on the Hong Kong/Beijing stand off about their political reform?

I am the most epic of gwiloh/matsalay so my understanding is sparse, but there is no way that the mainland backs down, is there?

1. how do you know matsalay mat salleh

2. beijing won't back down, I think, and the hong kong protesters will deliver a lousy showing at the mass rally. my reading of the mood is exhaustion and cynicism, not outrage.

aRkpc.gif
    ronya wrote: »

1. how do you know matsalay mat salleh

2. beijing won't back down, I think, and the hong kong protesters will deliver a lousy showing at the mass rally. my reading of the mood is exhaustion and cynicism, not outrage.

1. My ex-girlfriend was half Malay
    2. What if the ...executive council? 27ish people keep voting to reject the proposals? Will they get ousted by force? Something else?

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    *farts*

edited June 2015
    emnmnme on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Just check out these gorgeous screens

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

Classic. We'll be telling our children's children that we were there for that, and they will applaud.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I see Beijing spinning its wheels for the next year and trying to wait the protests out, since that worked previously

aRkpc.gif
    nothing goes over my head

my reflexes are too fast

I would catch it

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Whoosh

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Classic. We'll be telling our children's children that we were there for that, and they will applaud.

Gee grandpa that's terrific now can I go play on my ps7? I want to finish assassins creed:Fargo before the last guardian comes out.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm replaying the Metal Gears, and just got to the famous part in Sons of Liberty. That was such a crazy bold move.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm replaying the Metal Gears, and just got to the famous part in Sons of Liberty. That was such a crazy bold move.

Nude Raiden doing cartwheels was a very bold move.

maybe this should stick out to me more but which part

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

http://i.imgur.com/h778cdI.jpg

That's really neat. If anyone is wondering why it seems to pick out mountains and arches for constructing its weird hallucinated images, it's just the nature of neural networks. They fed in noise, told the algorithm to amplify any features it found, then then fed the modified image back through. So while it might see a tree or a dog through the noise, when it runs back over the image, it'll see the same dog or tree and amplify it again. When you have a repeating structure, on the first run through a little bit of noise will be mistaken for a series of arches. On pass 2, the network will see the arches it hallucinated last time, and imagine the whole arch pattern centered on each repeating segment. That will strengthen the hallucination in its original spot, but also start to slowly grow the chain of arches outward. After a bunch of iterations, the chain of arches or mountains grows and swirls and chains up with something else. It's all really neat.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    seriously though, those bespoke pens sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in the business of selling these things. Interacting with people for whom money is clearly no object, selling things that are a few thousand dollars worth of precious metals, twice that in precious stones, laboriously melded into something that clearly looks like total shit.

Selling ostentatious status symbols that are almost certainly acknowledged to be overpriced by both parties in the transaction, and in fact the buyer probably considers its overpricing to be a point in its favour.

I can imagine selling to the rich Chinese, they pick up a 200,000 pen, so you say :"Oh yes, they're quite popular with our Japanese customers" and then nudge them toward the $300k pen.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in the business of selling these things. Interacting with people for whom money is clearly no object, selling things that are a few thousand dollars worth of precious metals, twice that in precious stones, laboriously melded into something that clearly looks like total shit.

Selling ostentatious status symbols that are almost certainly acknowledged to be overpriced by both parties in the transaction, and in fact the buyer probably considers its overpricing to be a point in its favour.

I can imagine selling to the rich Chinese, they pick up a 200,000 pen, so you say :"Oh yes, they're quite popular with our Japanese customers" and then nudge them toward the $300k pen.

I'm guessing it makes upselling easier.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    @knitdan your signature is killing me with awesome dadjokeness
    i cannot agree nor awesome it, so here you go

ronya wrote: »
    I see Beijing spinning its wheels for the next year and trying to wait the protests out, since that worked previously

I seeeeee

I can't help but wonder if that's going to happen forever

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

maybe this should stick out to me more but which part

Raiden.

smCQ5WE.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRY-Vc8bPVY

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    Why would you even carry a $200K pen if a $300K pen exists? No one wants a second rate pen, even if it's encrusted with diamonds.

This discussion has been closed.