As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So I had all this delivered last week.
    jj2Xwkl.jpg

Before I do any other mini reviews, I just opened and put together Hasbro Defensor, and he is by far the best Combiner Wars combiner so far. Like, easily.

Okay, just don't transform Apollyon, it's not worth it.

Just don't.

• grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    I'm waiting on the takara defensor with grove

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on the takara defensor with grove
    Apparently that set is going to be an exclusive, so no ordering it from HLJ for me. :sad: Oh well, Hotspot's supposed to make an annoying torso anyway. I was only really looking forward to the limbs, particularly Groove and First Aid.

Also, I've decided to pass on S.h. Figuarts Hulkbuster. I know it's not available yet for pre-order, but the price, while understandable considering the metal and lights, is just completely out of my budget.

Also also, I'm undecided on whether I should order S.h. figuarts Harley Quinn from ebay or so other online store. I'm already struggling to budget for my pre-orders this year. So far I've only set aside money for pre-orders this month (DC Collectibles Batman Animated Harley Quinn), June and July. Ive regretted ordering that DC Collectibles Batman TAS figure ever since I got Batman and Catwoman from the same line, but I can't cancel because my Figma Lucina order is with Amiami as well, and they don't do cancellations. Hopefully it'll get delayed so I can at least group them, but I doubt it.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Oh well, Hotspot's supposed to make an annoying torso anyway.

Says who? He's way better than Motormaster and at least on par with Silverbolt. The only issue I found was that his thighs don't always stay clamped together, but there's probably a fix for that, and at least they're meaty enough that they don't look spindly like Superion's.

In other news, updated pic of MMC's Tarn! Glad I got Cynicus after all.

Ct8v9yE.jpg

Ok yeah don't get Apollyon he is nice looking but a poorly engineered cheap piece of crap.

SKR5isy.jpg

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Zoinks

I wish I had know about Cynicus before today though

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Ok yeah don't get Apollyon he is nice looking but a poorly engineered cheap piece of crap.

SKR5isy.jpg
    Wow! So glad I got combiner wars megs instead.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck, that's just awful.

8aVThp6.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Oh well, Hotspot's supposed to make an annoying torso anyway.

Says who? He's way better than Motormaster and at least on par with Silverbolt. The only issue I found was that his thighs don't always stay clamped together, but there's probably a fix for that, and at least they're meaty enough that they don't look spindly like Superion's.
    He certainly looks better than Motormaster in torso mode, but from a video I saw on youtube the arms, chest plate and thighs don't lock in very well. Also Hotpots lower legs don't lock in at all in robot mode.

Like, I still wish I could get the set because it looks rad, It's just right now I'm trying to make peace with passing on it by focusing on it's flaws.

Geth, I'm beginning to think you don't even read our posts before agreeing/awesoming :P

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I have a Hot Spot coming in. Psyched.

Got a Chigurh. I like it more than Apollyon. I like Apollyon as...I dunno, as a milestone? Sit there and be Megatron and be poseable and stand with your arms akimbo and be a tyrant. That's fine.

But Chigurh is more fun. He's this weird combination of Classics and Masterpiece aesthetics where it's like, he has changes from the strict G1 design, sure, but he still looks like he stepped off an animation cell from some cartoon.

8aVThp6.png
    143999 wrote: »
    I have a Hot Spot coming in. Psyched.

Got a Chigurh. I like it more than Apollyon. I like Apollyon as...I dunno, as a milestone? Sit there and be Megatron and be poseable and stand with your arms akimbo and be a tyrant. That's fine.

But Chigurh is more fun. He's this weird combination of Classics and Masterpiece aesthetics where it's like, he has changes from the strict G1 design, sure, but he still looks like he stepped off an animation cell from some cartoon.

Yeah Chigurh is interesting to me. Not sure I want to get one right now, but I am returning Apollyon for store credit so I might decide to get a Chigurh with that if I don't just use it on stuff I already have on preorder. Which I really should...

But yeah, I don't want another Apollyon unless they do another version that fixes more problems. There's a lot to like but in the end it just pissed me off too much to want another unfixed version.

Also Roadrage is looking pretty cool.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Pulled the trigger on Dead-End on Amazon on Friday, wander into Target on Saturday and find him for almost $4.00 less.

Welp.

Well.

1) Pleased with CW Hot Spot/Defensor, though a PE torso addon would be nice. Even better if I can get a deluxe Groove. But,

2) I don't see the inevitable CW Bruticus convincing me to get rid of my FP Colossus, if only because of the plastic quality of the modern Voyagers. They're...floppy. Bendy. Not sturdy. However,

3) I would in no way turn down a Wreckers redeco of Hot Spot as Pyro plus four others. In fact, I continue to encourage just this.

8aVThp6.png
    After comparing FoC Bruticus to CW Superion, I hope they redo the Combaticons for CW.

Then again I want all of the scramble city combiners to get the CW treatment.

They totally will. You can see the hints of it in Hot Spot's general Onslaught-ness, and how Alpha Bladeso's alt mode looks like a space shuttle without wings.

Come to think of it, it'll probably be pretty good depending on what they do with Onslaught. Two AB retools for the arms will make it nice and symmetrical.

8aVThp6.png
    oh yeah, I'm almost definite on the idea we're going to see Bruticus.

But I also want to see Computron and Abominus get the treatment too.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Man, Warbotron Bruticus looks really nice

I wish it was like half the price

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Nice, my Apollyon return went smoothly. Looks like the first use of the credit will be towards leader Ultra Magnus.

Now I just have to figure out whether I want to keep this Perfect Effect Leonidas preorder or not.

Batman Animated Harley Quinn got delayed to June so hopefully I can combine it with Figma Lucina and save some money on shipping.

Please, please, please come out this month Lucina. I just want to get these items already so I don't have to deal with Amiami again.

I mean, they're good sellers and with a great range of items, it's just not being able to cancel orders or hold the shipping for paid orders up for up to 2 months like HLJ kinda sucks.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Nobody wrote: »

I do too, but I don't think the writing's on the wall like it is with Bruticus. I guess Computron could be another Silverbolt redeco, then a car, a plane with posts/holes in the shoulders for two guns...Chromia with a CW torso...and Rook with a drill bit?

I think I'd prefer a Predaking to an Abominus, but I may be the only person left who doesn't own one of the third party options for Predaking.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
    A CW Bruticus would be awesome as heck. Curious how the designers turn Hotspot's ladder into Onslaught's missile launcher. It's seems like an easy enough mod at first, but then I remembered the end of Hotpot's ladder transforms into Defensor's head.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I'll have to look at the engineering again when I get home, but I bet you could put the head between the guns down at the back end and just do a single hinge to get it up to the neck area.

8aVThp6.png
    143999 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

I do too, but I don't think the writing's on the wall like it is with Bruticus. I guess Computron could be another Silverbolt redeco, then a car, a plane with posts/holes in the shoulders for two guns...Chromia with a CW torso...and Rook with a drill bit?

I think I'd prefer a Predaking to an Abominus, but I may be the only person left who doesn't own one of the third party options for Predaking.

Don't feel bad I don't own one either, its first on my list for when I have enough funds though.

That Computron sounds about right

I get the feeling that Monstructor is more likely than anything else but Bruticus, given what has happened in IDW.

My speculation is that Monstructor will go up against Bruticus in a rematch of the Combaticons + others vs. Monstructor fight from earlier IDW.

8aVThp6.png
    I just hope the next Takara set after Defensor won't be an exclusive.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Thinking more about it, they could use First Aid or Off Road as a base for Swindle, and repurpose the Decepticon version of Powerglide for the same role that Powerglide has with Superion. They'd just need to figure out Brawl.

Boy, TFSource sure seems to enjoy ignoring my emails to customer service about order issues lately.

8aVThp6.png
    How to anyone with a complete set of the combiner wars figures, how much does a combined transformer weigh? If possible could you tell me whether it weighs more or less than a large MP transformer like Ultra Magnus.

Thanks

P2n5r3l.jpg
    I haven't checked to see for certain, but having handled MP UM and, say, CW Defensor recently, the CW combiner is definitely lighter.

8aVThp6.png
    Cool. I'm just trying to guess how much UW Superion will weigh when I end up shipping it together with another item. If my rough estimate is right I could save about 23AUD

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Paid for my Figuarts Mashin Chaser + bike, and have the accessory set on preorder

What a great design

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    This isn't new, but it's the first time I've seen it, but wow. I knew there were a lot of released and upcoming 3P Dinobots but didn't realize there were that many.

I have the first three Fansproject ones and am super happy with them being my only set of Dinobots.

Yesssssssss

MMC Impactor.

Good Smile Company just release their release dates up to the 25th. Damn it I really hope Figma Lucina doesn't get delayed another month. I really just want to combine my two remaining Amiami orders and be done with them already.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yelllllllow

MMC Impactor.

8aVThp6.png
    edited June 2015
    Well shit it looks like my Amiami order for Batman Animated Harley Quinn is delayed to October.

If Figma Lucina does indeed come out this month, I think I'm just going to either get it by itself and cancel Harley after it's been safely delivered, or do the same but buy something else already instock to make the most of the shipping with Lucina.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Updated MSIA stuff. I've added a few figures and closed a few gaps since the last time I posted. I'm still missing quite a few figures.

In the pic of the Feddie stuff the dark Gun Tank and Gun Cannon that are barely visible are the "Real Type" green colored versions. I still don't have the RX 78 2 "Real Type" yet.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'd call you a maniac, but considering I can build a decent sized box fort with Gunpla packaging, I am not in any position to judge.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Anyone know when/if we'll be getting any Mad Max Fury Road stuff?

This discussion has been closed.