As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the week Octover 17, 2007

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Graphic Violence
I didn't see one of these up yet.....

For me it was Marvel Zombies 2 when
one of the acolytes came after black panther, and gutted him, so wasp had to infect him to save his life...

Mighty Avengers...god Frank Cho fucking rocks at drawing... and when
sentry was looking at his murdered wife, and his eyes turned killer shark black, right before he started hitting ultron so hard that she started looking like supergirl after the doomsday fight

And in Fables, legends in exile, it was awesome when
khan killed bluebeard, brutally, and both were then kicked out of the haven. I swear that story gets better every issue. I really hope they don' just reclaim the homeland though and end it there. The best stuff was in the first two or three trades where they were living in the real world, and about five issues ago when they started preparing for the war by renting out every sniper school and combat academy in the country for five years....that was pretty tight.

again, I didn't see one of these already, but I'm kind of slow too sometimes, so feel free to lock if there is already one up.

EDIT: I just realized it's Octover, happy Octover everyone.....

are YOU on the beer list?
amateurhour on

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The end of Mighty Avengers.

Ares is so awesome.

Mai-Kero on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Checkmate #19 - Waller is thee greatest female 'villain'. She should be banging Luthor as they hatch up schemes. Man, what a bitch.

Saddest Moment of the Week - Catwoman

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    what is up with J'onn in Checkmate

I missed issues like #12 to #17

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    what is up with J'onn in Checkmate

I missed issues like #12 to #17
    J'onn has been undercover in Checkmate. He was originally seen in 52 trying to shut the organization down, but obviously failed. He's still snooping around, possibly as Khalid.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Mighty Avengers. Ms. Marvel riding/gripping a giant coc...er...missile.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Commodore 64 and Prune Face are probably the best moments for me this week.

KVW on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    MCP had some fun stuff. The four Patsy Walkers arguing with each other in a Chinese restaurant was cool, but I think I liked that story more because Immonen does such a good job drawing them all. Also, Taskmaster beating the shit out of people on the SHIELD helicarrier in what was probably a pre-CW story.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My MotW is only tangentically comic related:
    Picking up and leafing through Marvel Zombies 2 was enough to remind me of how much I hate anything zombie related.

So much so that I was looking over my shoulder to and from the laundry room in my building... D:

Tach on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tach wrote: »
    Picking up and leafing through Marvel Zombies 2 was enough to remind me of how much I hate anything zombie related.

So much so that I was looking over my shoulder to and from the laundry room in my building... D:

Yeah, it's not masterpiece theatre, but it's funny as hell, I still love every Suydam cover, and it's better than all of the spin off tripe that we used to get in the '90s. Plus, they tied it in with army of darkness..... how great is that?

amateurhour on
    edited October 2007
    Pretty sweet.

I'm just creeped out even looking at the covers!

Tach on
    edited October 2007
    Tach wrote: »

Sorry to derail the rather lackluster moments thread (this week at least), but please let that mean you only hate Marvel Zombies related stuff. I highly recommend you pick up The Walking Dead trades (just the first one will be enough to hook you). The zombies are just a back drop for one of the best character dramas I've read in a long time. Don't let Marvel's running of their zombie franchise into the ground put you off one of the best books I've read in a long time without even giving it a shot.

KVW on
  • Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It looked like to me that he was saying he hated zombie stuff because it creeped him out so much, in which case Walking Dead wouldn't exactly be a great suggestion.

Peeps Chicken on
    edited October 2007
    It looked like to me that he was saying he hated zombie stuff because it creeped him out so much, in which case Walking Dead wouldn't exactly be a great suggestion.

I must be losing it. I could have sworn I didn't see anything about a laundry room before. Consider my recommendation retracted since I'm obviously retarded.

KVW on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tales of the Jedi omnibus is my moment of the month.

Bloods End on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Tales of the Jedi omnibus is my moment of the month.

seconded.. I picked that up this week, and last week I got volume 1 of knights of the old republic and legacy

amateurhour on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Virus Detected

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited October 2007
    I just posted my Moments of the Week on my blog if you want a full break down, but considering this thread is rather devoid of any images, I thought I'd post a few over here to try and salvage this week's thread.

Suburban Glamour #1 - a great new book I thinka lot of people here might enjoy with a dream / fantasy bleeding into reality type story starting out. 4 issue mini. Here's a few funny bits from the opening issue. Some excellent dialogue and believable characters here. From the one of the creators of Phonogram.
    facebookfx6.jpg

Pretty sure we all know a girl like this that spends more time on Facebook than actually talking with people.

smoothdavete3.jpg

Another one where Dave says goodbye to the girl he likes after a night of drinking.

Over in this week's Fables..
    papertigerpi1.jpg

Khaaaaannnnnnn!

In this week's Cap, we see a glimpse of the "new" gun wielding Cap...
    heilhitlercapvw9.jpg

And here's the Commodore 64 line from Mighty Avengers
    commodore64jo1.jpg

KVW on
    edited October 2007
    KVW wrote: »

I must be losing it. I could have sworn I didn't see anything about a laundry room before. Consider my recommendation retracted since I'm obviously retarded.

Not to derail, but yeah. Flesh eating zombies in general. Yeeecchhh. (got dragged to a stage version of Night of the Living Dead a few weekends back. My buddy was "head zombie". erp...)

My OTHER MotW- picking up last week's Green Lantern. Can't wait to see Ganthet kick some ass.

Tach on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys, I have a new moment of the week: a local shop giving out 10 free comics per person. This is the second time in a few months they've done this. It almost makes me feel bad that I stopped getting my comics from them.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My moment of the week was re-reading Scot Pilgrim Volumes 1-3, wondering when 4 was coming out, and finding out it's due out in November!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    November now?

It was supposed to come out on Halloween...

Sars_Boy on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    November now?

It was supposed to come out on Halloween...

Good thing I didn't know that, or else I'd have been disappointed.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg