As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

9 Dead in Racially Motivated shooting in Charleston, SC

19495969798100»

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So the head of the NRA doesn't understand metaphor and thinks a pastor should literally protect his flock.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    short version, "if the pastor was armed this wouldn't have happened"

because gun nuts

Gun nuts makes me think of plastic testicles you hang from the back of your gun.

sig.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    cr0w wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    So an NRA board member is on record blaming Clementa Pinckney for the shooting.

Fuck the NRA.

what

http://www.chron.com/national/article/NRA-board-member-blames-victim-for-Charleston-6337897.php

E: and of course he's from my fucking city. Sigh.

rhylith on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It won't be nearly as easy as you might think, and I still don't think it's the most important piece of the conversation here.

Why not focus on how conservative America is trying to turn this into a story of "attack on Christianity" and glossing over the obvious motivations?
    Why not focus on how South Carolina, one of heartlands of segregation and discrimination in the south still doesn't have any hate crime laws?
    Why not focus on how the lack of gun control in many states, and furthermore interstate gun-trafficking, means that it's currently virtually impossible to keep firearms out of the hands of nutjobs?

I just feel like this topic has gotten a disproportionate amount of discussion as compared to its actual importance. And that frustrates the hell out of me because it won't be long before the national outrage fades and conversation stops. Again. Like it always does.

Gundi on
This discussion has been closed.