As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Its a great big [Steven Universe] out there!

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    I don't recall any fusion that didn't involve a dance, unless we're counting offscreen.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I don't recall any fusion that didn't involve a dance, unless we're counting offscreen.
    Think they are talking about Ruby and Saphire but they twirl around a bit.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I guess you could say the twirl is a dance but eeeh

Something like fusion does not come off to me as a thing that has any kind of rigid rules to pull off.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Chill Tid episode:
    Lapis... you don't have to shoulder the world by yourself...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Man

Chille Tid
    Aw Lapis.

So determined to bear it all alone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I really liked Pearl getting 'lightyears' wrong.

I really really liked Pearl's "let me- Let us help you"

And I liked the appearance of 'just let me do this for you' again. Super cool that they're building the current arc around/against that.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    Tonight's episode
    "Oh this will be about their wacky dre- HOLY SHIT."

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    SU farts
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo1_500.png
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo2_500.png
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo3_500.png
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo4_500.png
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo6_500.png
    tumblr_nlkv7zDba61u223jfo5_500.png
    all from brideake.tumblr.com

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    I tend to always sing the theme song as ♫We, are the Crystal Gems♫ We'll always save the day ♫ And I'm floating in a most peculiar way ♫
    Not sure why but they fit together in my head.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't like that we won't have new eps every day now :(

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    In regards to Rose/Pearl....
    If Pearl weren't in love with Rose, why would she get into Greg's face about him "being a phase" for Rose and then look absolutely crestfallen at the end of the episode and admit that Greg is "Rose's favorite?" She is totes in romantic love with Rose.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Today's episode was such a goddamn tease. It was still really good though.
    As for Lapis... I don't think... I don't think Steven really understands all her issues. Like, she still probably doesn't want to stay on Earth. And she probably still doesn't like the Crystal Gems. (Although her opinion on them is probably better than it was.) At the same time... she doesn't have a home to go back to. And who knows how long she was in that mirror? I almost feel like her being insistent on staying fused is a way to avoid the problem of figuring what she actually wants to do with her life now. (Since pretty much everything about her old life, whatever it was like, is gone.) I actually think it might be really good for Amethyst of all people to talk to Lapis. I sorta feel like that in a weird sort of way they've had similar experiences of feeling directionless and out of place.

As for the rest of the episode... I guess Gems can get mentally if not exactly physically tired. Even Garnet was on edge. Garnet! Pearl having trouble sleeping makes sense since Pearl is bad at relaxing. I wonder if Pearl's dream has any subtext but I'm not going to go all Freud on it. Or on Steven's dreams for that matter. (I loved the human designs of the gems though. Especially Garnet and Pearl. Pearl as a mom was adorable and Garnet as the "cool much older sister" was also adorable.)

Gundi on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I know this thread is pretty light on spoilers, and I've certainly been guilty of it, but at the very least let's spoiler tag 100% of discussions about the episodes that aired within two weeks for the amazon people, please

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I tend to always sing the theme song as ♫We, are the Crystal Gems♫ We'll always save the day ♫ And I'm floating in a most peculiar way ♫
    Not sure why but they fit together in my head.

FUCK ME I DO THIS TOO I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    If Pearl weren't in love with Rose, why would she get into Greg's face about him "being a phase" for Rose and then look absolutely crestfallen at the end of the episode and admit that Greg is "Rose's favorite?" She is totes in romantic love with Rose.

Heck
    Their whole fusion happens because she doesn't like how well Rose and Greg are getting along, so she'll fuse with Rose and show this dumb human that he can't ever possibly be as close as they are *literally becoming a single entity*

• Options
    BIG BUFF CHEETO PUFF

• Options
    edited June 2015

Heck
    Their whole fusion happens because she doesn't like how well Rose and Greg are getting along, so she'll fuse with Rose and show this dumb human that he can't ever possibly be as close as they are *literally becoming a single entity*
    Haha, and then Pearl gets owned later with the appearance of Steven.

edit-I'm not saying that it is a competition, relationships are not competitions. But if Pearl wants to treat it as a competition then she's going to lose. Hopefully by the time Steven appears Pearl will have stopped thinking of it that way and be able to appreciate Steven for Steven.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    AV Club generally has pretty good reviews of the episodes and they've given basically every episode this week an A.

Gundi on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I would legit pay money for an "I'd be unstoppable if it weren't for physics and law enforcement" shirt

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I watched the new Steven Universe episodes finally.

God damn is Pearl gay. Just the gayest.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Something I saw mentioned in this episode's AV club that I felt but didn't consciously think about was how... "off" Steven's first dream was in this episode. The monochrome, the slightly off character designs and dialogue, the way color just floods into the scene as it takes a swerve from the comedic to the dramatic. It was a good sequence is what I'm saying.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_nq859ogK9M1qzyi4xo2_1280.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Stop it show. Stop. Stop it.
    I've had enough. Get Lapis out of the ocean, get her to the Temple with Steven, let her join the team, add her to the opening.

I've had enough of Lapis not getting a happy ending.

Viskod on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, this new episode really has me convinced that
    Lapis is going to either join the team or die a heroic death eventually. Hopefully the former.

• Options
    A friend of a friend who works at a Starbucks did this.

AVHNo5P.jpg

• Options
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Chille Tid spoilers.
    Thank you so much...

For clicking this spoiler!
    M3VlTRV.png

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KifcyFa.png

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Chille Tid means "chill time", and that feels like a right phrase to describe not just half the episode, but most of the show in general
    plus sitcom garnet saying it emphatically on her entrance is now the best

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    tumblr_nq859ogK9M1qzyi4xo2_1280.png
    Pearl is me at 6AM.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Pearl is me at all times.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I would legit pay money for an "I'd be unstoppable if it weren't for physics and law enforcement" shirt
    Most of those shirts are real and are usually worn by the dumbest people.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    I can't even think straight is the best shirt

• Options
    edited June 2015
    tumblr_nq8l4dX2C71smn4pqo1_1280.jpg

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Quick google for Sardonyx
    Sardonyx is a stone of strength and protection. Use it to enhance willpower, integrity, stamina and vigor.

It is believed to bring lasting happiness and stability to marriage and partnerships. It attracts friends and good fortune.

Some people use sardonyx as a protection grid - placing it at each corner of the house, at doors and windows to prevent crime and misfortune.

Steven and Garnet fuse maybe?

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Thinking rose fusions is the latest fad that all the kids these days are into

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Protection grid around houses. Usually 4 corners on houses.

Steven, garnet AND pearl and amethyst are gonna fuse.

Also, I'm ok with the week bombs. We get 10 episodes in two months compared to 8 with New Thursdays.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I feel like a complete fusion of all four Crystal gems might be something they'd put off a little longer, since I'd imagine there's nothing that can really top that from a power creep standpoint. Though I guess there is a precedent for just dropping this stuff in our laps, what with how they used alexandrite.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    That just gave me a thought... can Steven fuse with any human? And... can like with gem fusions can he fuse with multiple people at the same time? What would happen if he fused with every human on Earth? Or hell, just everyone in beach city?

Gundi on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Quick google for Sardonyx
    Sardonyx is a stone of strength and protection. Use it to enhance willpower, integrity, stamina and vigor.

It is believed to bring lasting happiness and stability to marriage and partnerships. It attracts friends and good fortune.

Some people use sardonyx as a protection grid - placing it at each corner of the house, at doors and windows to prevent crime and misfortune.

Steven and Garnet fuse maybe?

Based on the color pattern I'd guess that's right.

This discussion has been closed.