As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Its a great big [Steven Universe] out there!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    That just gave me a thought... can Steven fuse with any human? And... can like with gem fusions can he fuse with multiple people at the same time? What would happen if he fused with every human on Earth? Or hell, just everyone in beach city?

He probably can but given what it represents I don't think Steven has the personality to fuse with just anyone.

Gem Fusions have no upper limit but alexandrite was barely stable so I expect it's harder the more there are

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So Sardonyx is a gem with orange stripes in it, you say?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    That just gave me a thought... can Steven fuse with any human? And... can like with gem fusions can he fuse with multiple people at the same time? What would happen if he fused with every human on Earth? Or hell, just everyone in beach city?

Series finale steven fuses with everyone on the planet for the FUSION BOMB

PEOPLE OF EARTH
    LEND ME YOUR FLESH

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    I guess it wouldn't be totally out there for things to get to diebuster/gurenn Lagann/bayonetta/asura's Wrath scale where you have fusions the size of planets hurling asteroids at eachother.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

He probably can but given what it represents I don't think Steven has the personality to fuse with just anyone.

Gem Fusions have no upper limit but alexandrite was barely stable so I expect it's harder the more there are

Look I just want a giant titanic Steven fighting a giant titanic Diamond with the power of HEART. Don't take this from me.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I guess it wouldn't be totally out there for things to get to diebuster/gurenn Lagann/bayonetta/asura's Wrath scale where you have fusions the size of planets hurling asteroids at eachother.

the earth is basically a big gem when you get down to it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Just getting to the bomb episodes...man Peal is reallllly messed up. This training montage song with Connie is a bit creepy

Oh and HEY new intro!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    q78E2k0.gif
    go ahead and try to wake me if you're able

also http://i.imgur.com/ujIZjj3.gif

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

I really doubt he is trusting enough of everyone to be able to actually do that at any point.

And even if he could, there's no way that fusion would be stable enough to last more than seconds or moments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

A few seconds would be all it'd take.

Another thing I'm curious about is Lion. Lion is obviously not a normal lion. Is he a gem? So far there hasn't been magic/super-advanced technology in the show that hasn't been gem related.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I was thinking maybe lion is a corrupted gem that was tamed

They said rose was always trying to heal them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Lion is the only unanswered secret this show leaves behind, calling it now.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Gems (or at least some of the corrupted ones we've seen) can create minons, maybe lion is just an advanced form of that

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Lion is all the "Gem stuff" from Rose that was left behind when Steven was made.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Lion is definitely related to Rose somehow, but exactly what it "is" hasn't really been explained yet

A corrupted gem or gem fragment actually is a really good idea.
    Lion is all the "Gem stuff" from Rose that was left behind when Steven was made.
    Rose literally was her gem, remember? Like literally everything that Rose ever was is in Steven's belly button.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Rose literally was her gem, remember? Like literally everything that Rose ever was is in Steven's belly button.

Remember, I'm just spit balling here since we don't know but the way you wrote that lead me to horrible thoughts. Do you really think Rose's memories/personality/everything is literally trapped and submerged into the gem? Her sacrifice is sad and touching and echoes the human condition if it's non-existence. If it is literally a prison sentence that feels like something else.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I believe Rose, the person, is truly gone.

I'm using a very rough analogy, but until proven otherwise, I'm of the opinion that the gems are loosely similar to computers or the Geth.
    All that was Rose, may well be in Steven's Gem, but the personality and functions are fundamentally different because of what Greg added.

Gaming the expected tropes and system, I think we are gonna get a scene where Steven gets echos or dreams talking with a construct of Rose, so that its understood by the viewer. It won't actually be Rose, just an ok copy that can provide a "Gem Wiki" of Rose's experiences.

Or we could get something radically different and fantastic and that will be cool too. But until we get more info, this is what I'm going with.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    caught up since april/may and holy shit sworn to the sword new best ep

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    nanefua owns

edited June 2015

Remember, I'm just spit balling here since we don't know but the way you wrote that lead me to horrible thoughts. Do you really think Rose's memories/personality/everything is literally trapped and submerged into the gem? Her sacrifice is sad and touching and echoes the human condition if it's non-existence. If it is literally a prison sentence that feels like something else.
    There have been hints that on some level Rose isn't gone. Like, people have wondered what would happen if someone literally tried to tear the gem out of Steven(Since he seems to have an actual flesh and blood body.) and some people have speculated that Rose would literally just come back since Gems are literally their gems. (Although I don't know what would happen to Steven, probably nothing good.)

Gundi on
    We already know what would happen to Steven.

Rose says quite plainly that they both can't exist at the same time.

He'd die.

That said, Steven doesn't have a normal human body either, since it can change in dramatic ways. If not quite as dramatic (so far) as other Gems.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    nanefua owns

Nanafua is the best.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Lion is the only unanswered secret this show leaves behind, calling it now.

ah, so you mean lion is onion

that explains everything

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Interesting theory about the Homeworld Gems: here

Hexmage-PA on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    lots of big ifs and assumptions.
    but a very real scenario.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    I don't recall any fusion that didn't involve a dance, unless we're counting offscreen.

All fusions require dancing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UanTZDHVnz0

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I still think the main secret behind lion has something to do with the gem bubbled inside of him.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Steven is Rose but with the Greg mod installed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think lion is some manifestation of Rose's powers and essence, and that some day when steven's ready, it's going to combine with him and give him a big ol power boost

But then he'll separate it back out into lion because he doesn't wanna lose his friend

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think if lion were anything rose created prior to dying that pearl or Greg would know about it

The fact that it came outta nowhere seems to suggest to me that it was somehow the result of rose's death, just like Steven was

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I think if lion were anything rose created prior to dying that pearl or Greg would know about it

The fact that it came outta nowhere seems to suggest to me that it was somehow the result of rose's death, just like Steven was

I guess that could be true but the fact that Lion is filled to the brim with a combination of Mementos and stuff she specifically wanted Steven to have implies to me that Lion was planned on Rose's part. We already know that Rose kept many secrets even from Pearl and Greg so I'm not surprised there is another.

Quire.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lion is Garfield

YL9WnCY.png

I guess that could be true but the fact that Lion is filled to the brim with a combination of Mementos and stuff she specifically wanted Steven to have implies to me that Lion was planned on Rose's part. We already know that Rose kept many secrets even from Pearl and Greg so I'm not surprised there is another.

There's a lot of possible explanations though

Lion could've gone around collecting that stuff for example

We'll find out what the deal is eventually I guess!

• FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    Where does Lion even go when they're not in an episode? Do they just appear when needed or what?

Where does Lion even go when they're not in an episode? Do they just appear when needed or what?

Well lion is essentially just a really big cat so

Yeah

Well lion is essentially just a really big cat so

Yeah
    Also Lion makes lots of small appearances in lots of episodes.

Alternatively, Lion goes off to fight crime. Inconspicuously.

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I think lion is some manifestation of Rose's powers and essence, and that some day when steven's ready, it's going to combine with him and give him a big ol power boost

But then he'll separate it back out into lion because he doesn't wanna lose his friend

This is the most anime answer so I believe it

I don't think that's the case

This show has taken some pains to stress to the viewer that Rose kept secrets from everyone

We will likely be learning stuff she kept hidden for the duration of the show. It's no surprise at all to me that Lion was completely unknown to everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.