As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy] VII 100% legitimate and happening remake. Yes, really.

• Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah, Firaja's gonna remain out of my reach. I went in witth RW Cecil's second SB, used Retaliate, Intimidated the last Spinscale and I still ran through all my resources and then died.

The one where you have to leave a spinscale alive is far and away the hardest fight in the event. Took me a lot of tries till I got lucky enough, and still had to burn a mythril to fight the guy after it. Hoping to avoid mythril burns for a while...

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, Firaja's gonna remain out of my reach. I went in witth RW Cecil's second SB, used Retaliate, Intimidated the last Spinscale and I still ran through all my resources and then died.
    It sounds like you killed off all but one Sinscale. Don't! If you're using the Taunt+Retaliate strategy, you want to leave all the Sinscales alive until the boss is down -- more Sinscales means more attacks on your Retaliator, which means more damage on the boss.

edit: also, it's the boss you want to Intimidate, not the Sinscales.

Billmaan on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm stuck at 80 stam until these next two events finish up.

Also I don't think I'll be able to farm up the Greater Earth Orbs I need for both Protectga and R2 Quake by tomorrow. Decisions will have to be made.

Definitely Quake R2. No contest. Protectga is nice to have, but definitely doable without.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ye olde FF threade

I have a question/request.

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet or whatever (google doc or excel would be great, but anything already organized) that lists the various iterations of FF games and the platforms they were released on?

There's this obviously https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_video_games and I started making my own; I just thought I should stop and check if this has already been done, before I put too much time into it.

Basically I just want a checklist spreadsheet for my own OCD, to see what versions of various ports of various FF games I already own, and which I am missing.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Finally got through the elite Gui and am nearly done with the boss rush (just Gui to go). Took a heal after Echuilles but barring shenanigans I should be done with Tidus' event.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Ye olde FF threade

Does anyone know of a spreadsheet or whatever (google doc or excel would be great, but anything already organized) that lists the various iterations of FF games and the platforms they were released on?

There's this obviously https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_video_games and I started making my own; I just thought I should stop and check if this has already been done, before I put too much time into it.

Basically I just want a checklist spreadsheet for my own OCD, to see what versions of various ports of various FF games I already own, and which I am missing.

Per platform release in NA, or all regions?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Ye olde FF threade

Per platform release in NA, or all regions?

NA I think.

I had been thinking just mainline FF's and any sequels/spinoffs, but I think I also want to get down unique branches like Chronicles and Tactics too. The Wikipedia list isn't as daunting as I had initially thought, but still; if a checklist has already been done by someone else sometime in the past, might as well not duplicate the effort.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So FFRK question...I dont want to look it up yet because I am still trying to learn as much on my own as I can and I want to avoid learning more than I want to. But! I am curious...are all of the main charactets from each game able to be recruited as party members?

Neco on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Certain characters. There are a ton.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    So FFRK question...I dont want to look it up yet because I am still trying to learn as much on my own as I can and I want to avoid learning more than I want to. But! I am curious...are all of the main charactets from each game able to be recruited as party members?

Not yet. Japan has about twice as many characters as the Global release, and it still doesn't have everyone yet.

Ah. Thats kinda what I figured. Thanks!

So far none of the characters that I REALLY want have appeared for me, but patience I suppose. At least I have most of the realms open now.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

So far none of the characters that I REALLY want have appeared for me, but patience I suppose. At least I have most of the realms open now.

Even the Japanese one doesn't have General Leo, yet. Which is crazy town.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    WOO! Vivi died at the very end but still cleared with Master and Gui dropped a greater earth orb to boot, the bastard.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    I guess I will not focus on getting my drwam party together anytime soon.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Dude has even less playtime than Josef, though.

edited June 2015
    FFRK new player guide. There are two parts to it, but it's a good read if you're just starting out.

silence1186 on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular

But what a great time it was.

Leo will have all his abilities, but they all do the same thing: instantly wreck everything's face.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    Oh one more thing for new players: check the Quest list before you do anything! They are not retroactive if you do something without the quest accepted first. This is especially true for crafting abilities.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    A collection of some really excellent fan-art of famous FFVII locations:

train_graveyard_by_jordangrimmer-d6arlcb.jpg

mythril_mine_by_jordangrimmer-d6btic9.jpg

sector_5_slums_by_jordangrimmer-d6caaie.jpg

wall_market_by_jordangrimmer-d6dn7zg.jpg

nibelheim_reactor_by_jordangrimmer-d6dxt02.jpg

base_of_the_great_glacier_by_jordangrimmer-d6et0xj.jpg

nibelheim_by_jordangrimmer-d6gdulr.jpg

shinra_lobby_by_jordangrimmer-d6hf3zy.jpg

mideel_by_jordangrimmer-d6itzog.jpg

Also a really terrific Tifa fan-art (also the only SFW one made in celebration of the Remake):

zEB0B4P.jpg

Dude needs a job on this project stat.

Oh one more thing for new players: check the Quest list before you do anything! They are not retroactive if you do something without the quest accepted first. This is especially true for crafting abilities.

Except leveling quests. Those are retroactive.

You don't play as Sephiroth at all, but he's in RK.

Give me Leo.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

You don't play as Sephiroth at all, but he's in RK.

Give me Leo.

Man, I barely remember FFVII and even I remember playing as Sephiroth.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    You get Sephiroth in your party.

I want Quistis, Lightning, Tifa, Terra, Celes, and others that arent in my game. :(

Must...keep...playing....

Whoo, got master on Tidus boss rush, no mithril. Went half and half with @silence1186 guide and
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3a59lf/operation_miihen_boss_room_no_mithril_f2p/

Replaced Protectga with Haste and Armor break with Fira strike. I had to S/L on stage 4 a ton since I had the worst luck on ethers and Intimidates(only the first one hit on a tentacle and none on the main boss).
    Literally no retaliates or curagas were restored on all 4 stages. -_-
    Lenna and Rinoa died on the last boss, didn't really matter though since they were out of everything and I had most of the previous medals.

I want Quistis, Lightning, Tifa, Terra, Celes, and others that arent in my game. :(

Heads up:

Nobody in this thread has Lightning yet. Her unlock hasn't been brought over to the US version yet.

Tifa, Terra, and Celes were part of event dungeons that happened a while ago. You'll still be able to get them later, as the events do eventually cycle back.

I don't know how Quistis is unlocked.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    FIESTA SEASON

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Question for you FFRK people. I just started playing this week and have almost 100 mithril. I have no 5* gear besides that free sword. Should I do one of those 11 pull things, or wait for a different banner? I hear IX is good for mage items but I don't use mages much since I don't have materials to hone magic, mine is all level 1 or 2.

Holy shit @Xenogears of Bore logged in!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    FIESTA SEASON

WELCOME BACK!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Remade like FF VII, only without the three year wait.

I only return for Fiestas. Even then I was super busy last summer. I'll be around until September first, just like the fiesta.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    Question for you FFRK people. I just started playing this week and have almost 100 mithril. I have no 5* gear besides that free sword. Should I do one of those 11 pull things, or wait for a different banner? I hear IX is good for mage items but I don't use mages much since I don't have materials to hone magic, mine is all level 1 or 2.

Imo, all high level equipment will boost your play DRAMATICALLY, no matter what it is. Without it, Elites and Heroics are just straight up beyond you. So I'd say, spend 50 on the one banner up now and 50 on the other. Alternatively, spend 50 on the banner that sounds the best right now and then spend 50 on the next new banner that comes along.

I actually did another 50 pull today and got a White Robe. Not amazing, but great for mages I think. I also got two more Crystal swords. That means I have a fake 6 * and another Crystal sword on backup for VI levels.

Jeix wrote: »

I'd do an 11 on the IX banner, you have a good sword to do some retaliate meta and you'll want to try to get some mage weapons for the long run. The meta eventually goes to having a lot of mages since enemies will get a lot of defense.

How do i unlock the Gapra Whitewood?

Heads up:

Nobody in this thread has Lightning yet. Her unlock hasn't been brought over to the US version yet.

Tifa, Terra, and Celes were part of event dungeons that happened a while ago. You'll still be able to get them later, as the events do eventually cycle back.

I don't know how Quistis is unlocked.

Every pary of this post makes me so sad. :(

How do i unlock the Gapra Whitewood?
    Mine was unlocked when it came out, but I had all the normal dungeons finished.

I'm amused by how the FFI dungeons have no boss music, but since they're using remake graphics and music anyway, it should've used this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBlxpPfUcuk

FF1 regular music makes good boss music though.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Well I did the IX draw, I guess I have some good mage items now.

2nIUgau.jpg?1

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    That Falchion. Is a monster for most of the Classic Dungeons even without RS.

This discussion has been closed.