As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3] Lang. Zone.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    It's still weird to me they named a destiny expansion after my butt

The House of Wolves?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    he didn't exactly go off on them

he was very diplomatic and tactful

buuuuut he was also not shy about voicing his criticisms

He also didn't have to because they said themselves that they listened to the podcast. So they've heard him call the game shit many times.

• Options
    who exactly is Shuhei Yoshida

Not only is shu a cool guy but the guys who made super time force asked off the cuff to put him as a character in the play station version and he was basically like sure cool

So now he's in the game and his weapon is tweets that *he* provided.

The president of the company.

He's super great.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

The House of Wolves?

more like the house of catboys

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

The House of Wolves?

I thought it was house of cats?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man screw phantom dust, someone buy the Deathrow licence and make a current gen version already

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man screw phantom dust, someone buy the Deathrow licence and make a current gen version already

Fuck that!

I want both...

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I played destiny for a while. Until they ruined the PVP.

Because those strikes are the least fun thing in the entire world.

all the vanilla strikes and the dark below strike are terrible at worst, and merely quick to run at best

but the House of Wolves strike is super promising for the future. It's really well paced and has a general progression of events all throughout it that keep your interested without ever seeming to take too long.

I especially like it for the nightfall with a burn.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular

Fuck that!

I want both...

I can understand phantom dust kind of disappearing as a concept, but it's always weird to me that since Deathrow there hasn't been a single death-sport kind of game. There's been a few that have been close, but nothing quite as awesome as Deathrow. I want to run around as a robot flipping off demons, and then win the match by beating the opposing team to death

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

all the vanilla strikes and the dark below strike are terrible at worst, and merely quick to run at best

but the House of Wolves strike is super promising for the future. It's really well paced and has a general progression of events all throughout it that keep your interested without ever seeming to take too long.

Does it fix the problem of bosses at the end that just take way too many bullets and don't add any interesting mechanics at all.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Fuuuuck Omnigul is the worst for that

Who ran that strike internally

And thought, yeah okay, this is a fun experience let's go with this

• Options

Does it fix the problem of bosses at the end that just take way too many bullets and don't add any interesting mechanics at all.

Yes, absolutely, and it fixes it in a fairly interesting way too
    The boss, for starters, doesn't have an absurd amount of health to begin with. Additionally, he appears before you periodically throughout the strike and retreats once he's taken enough damage. At the very end, rather than healing all his health back up, he just stays at the amount you left him at, typically half.

It's a really cool and interesting way of fixing that problem

The game still has a bad problem of sending waves of enemies at you instead of, or in addition to, actual boss mechanics, but I'm hoping we'll see some shake ups of that formula in Taken King.

• Options
    According to the Destiny app, I have spent 98 hours and 49 minutes playing it

That's more than any game in recent years

Hell, I think FFX's initial release back in 2001 was the last game to suck up my time like htat

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Fuuuuck Omnigul is the worst for that

Who ran that strike internally

And thought, yeah okay, this is a fun experience let's go with this

Omnigul is still better than Black Garden

I would trade in the hawkmoon and monte carlo I don't have to never see Black Garden in a strike playlist rotation ever agian

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    i'm hoping the Destiny expansion manages to get some of the big halo style set pieces back in there. Destiny's core is fun but almost all encounters feel fairly samey. There's nothing in there like the classic encounters where you'd be ripping around in a warthog while wraiths are shooting everywhere and banshees are flying all over the place. I want Destiny to have scarab fights.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I hated all of the Halo vehicles I ever tried

Destiny's shooting feels too good, imo, I'd much rather they just stick to that and devote work hours towards interesting encounters on the ground.

Sparrows are fun to drive around in but if the bikes from the first house of wolves mission are any indication then Bungie doesn't have my confidence in making a mission-long vehicle fight.

• Options
    warthogs were the best, and ghosts were a lot more fun than pikes

sparrows are fantastic, but there's nothing in the game that does anything with them so that's kind of a bummer. The bug where you could loot etheric chests multiple times was the first time going fast in a sparrow actually mattered

Steam ID
  • Options
    Yeah I did all that and it was fairly fun

I dunno. Destiny doesn't feel built for vehicle encounters. Maybe in the next core game.

• Options
    Vehicles are the worst

Another reason I like Prison of Elders so much

• Options
    prison is alright, but it needs better rewards.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

Fuck that!

I want both...

I can understand phantom dust kind of disappearing as a concept, but it's always weird to me that since Deathrow there hasn't been a single death-sport kind of game. There's been a few that have been close, but nothing quite as awesome as Deathrow. I want to run around as a robot flipping off demons, and then win the match by beating the opposing team to death

Such a fun game. And what a shit cover! I should still have my copy somewhere in the house. I wonder how it holds up.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    prison is alright, but it needs better rewards.

this makes an ok out-of-context quote

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Why didn't I hear about Lara Croft Go until just now

• Options
    Oh my god Jeff's facial reaction to mechanical apartheid is perfect

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Where/when might I find this?

• Options
    Houk wrote: »

https://youtu.be/NGPK5HlOP-0?t=3944

1h:05m:45s

Steam ID
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Houk wrote: »

https://youtu.be/NGPK5HlOP-0?t=3944

1h:05m:45s

Haha oh man

Just a big collective wet fart

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    behold ceiling car, your new god

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    It took a while but I was listening to the Beastcast today and I realized that I think the thing I'm hypest for this E3 is VR. I want to get a rift and get back into Elite Dangerous.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Did they confirm all this hullabaloo as to if the player character in Fallout 4 was locked to male

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Did they confirm all this hullabaloo as to if the player character in Fallout 4 was locked to male

i don't know where you heard that but it was in their conference that you could pick the husband or the wife

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

They confirmed that it was total bullshit

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I thought they showed in the demo that you could switch to a lady.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    You can pick either.
    of the two parents shown at the start.

Also they recorded loads of names in the V/O so odds on NPCs will call you by name.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I didn't watch the demo, I just remembered a lot of people were worried about that and figured it would be quicker to ask y'all

• Options
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK GRAHAM

• Options
    I'D RATHER INTERACT WITH YOU GUYS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE DAYS ARE OVER I GUESS