As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Babby's first [chat].

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    An airplane leaves Russia, bound for the United States. It crashes on the Canadian border.

Where are the survivors buried?

… I don't think Canada is so barren and desolate the survivors wouldn't get help before the wolves and beavers get them.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I need to write a minecraft mod to screenshot, resize / encode and upload to my imgur account cause these took too much effort.

grr, can't make up my mind on how to finish this. I've torn down and rebuilt the corners like 5 times.

I've got the old building which is kind of a couple tower houses on the bridge over the river. And then on the west shore a big courtyard which I am building around. The sides are done. Just need to figure out how to make the corners and west side.
    moXvjEV.jpg
    HGVYHog.jpg
    ZC0vHrd.jpg
    FVNJwYY.jpg

@Chanus

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The steam game has gotten ridiculous since people discovered hitting level 100m gets you a special badge. An auto-join Chrome script was written that waits until it has a room's worth of people then mass-joins them all in a single room. It autoclicks, auto-buys upgrades, and for the main strategy, auto-uses level-skipping wormholes en mass. The biggest warp I've seen so far is about 2 million levels at one time.

"So is the game any fun?"
    "It's a great way to fill bars."

There's also a coordinated trolling effort, to get into the autoscript servers and nuke the boss monsters on the levels used for mass wormhole warps, causing them to end prematurely.

nibXTE7.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    An airplane leaves Russia, bound for the United States. It crashes on the Canadian border.

Trick question. The passengers were infected by Umbrella mid-flight, the zombies spread plague in both America and Canada.

resident-evil-afterlife-wesker-international-movie-poster-header.jpg

All according to plan.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Harry Dresident Evil

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

In Robert Pickton's backyard.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ARRGH THE BIKE JUMPS

steam_sig.png
    ARRGH THE BIKE JUMPS

"Forget it, Edward. It's Turbo Tunnel."

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    Ok cool.

So I think the lease looks p good- lots of stuff protecting the landlord and nothing actively protecting me (but that's fine, I can study tenant laws and I don't expect to have my rights codified for me in the lease). Nothing about no overnight guests, nothing about curfews or anything draconian like that.

The two things that somewhat bothered me: it specifies this is only a residential situation and forbids any sort of commercial enterprise. That makes sense for the worst case (someone trying to run a sweatshop or some shit) but if the landlord were pugnacious could this stop me from doing any sort of work from home stuff? If I got paid to make a website would that be ok? The other concern is that it specifies if a window or door is broken for any reason- explicitly for any reason, not just stuff that's the tenant's fault- it is our responsibility to replace and not hers. Is that standard? Certainly a landlord has to replace a broken furnace or whatever but is that not the case for doors and windows if they fail naturally or have some weather incident or whatever?

Organichu on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I have napped mightily.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    ARRGH THE BIKE JUMPS

Updownupdownupdownupdown

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    As far as the first thing goes, Chu, I think that is in there to stop you from running like a tattoo parlor from the place, not to stop you from working at home.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ok cool.

So I think the lease looks p good- lots of stuff protecting the landlord and nothing actively protecting me (but that's fine, I can study tenant laws and I don't expect to have my rights codified for me in the lease). Nothing about no overnight guests, nothing about curfews or anything draconian like that.

The two things that somewhat bothered me: it specifies this is only a residential situation and forbids any sort of commercial enterprise. That makes sense for the worst case (someone trying to run a sweatshop or some shit) but if the landlord were pugnacious could this stop me from doing any sort of work from home stuff? If I got paid to make a website would that be ok? The other concern is that it specifies if a window or door is broken for any reason- explicitly for any reason, not just stuff that's the tenant's fault- it is our responsibility to replace and not hers. Is that standard? Certainly a landlord has to replace a broken furnace or whatever but is that not the case for doors and windows if they fail naturally or have some weather incident or whatever?

That's going to depend on your tenant law. They probably can't make you pay for window repair unless it's your fault, but I'm too sleepy to look up laws right now.

The commercial thing is probably to stop people from air bnb ing the place out.
    I mean that's generally illegal anyway, but still.
    Having a business's mailing address be at the residence shouldn't be a problem. No harm no foul.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ok cool.

The "no commercial enterprise" part is just to stop people from running home businesses, selling stuff out of their home etc. You can do work at home. The window/door thing is odd. If it was your fault it broke, it should just come out of your damage deposit, unless you paid to have it fixed out of pocket. It might also be covering the landlord in the case of a break-in, that they're not responsible to fix it, either you or your renters insurance are.

nibXTE7.png
    so it was all going pretty good until

OH COOL RAMPS IN THE FUCKING SKY!?

i got that. sure

EXCLAMATION POINT?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

oh it means i'm dead. it means I just die now. forever. until i'm back at the first level.

cool battletoads. real cool.

steam_sig.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Ok cool.

most important thing about leases is that no matter what you sign if the lease goes against the state / local tenant laws the laws win.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    eesh

girlfriend's house has been without power to the lights and kitchen since yesterday afternoon, and their property manager has only scheduled an electrician to come tomorrow morning

renting seems like garbage

Renting is garbage!

Some of us have no choice.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    eesh

girlfriend's house has been without power to the lights and kitchen since yesterday afternoon, and their property manager has only scheduled an electrician to come tomorrow morning

given it is considered a necessary service aren't you allowed to organise one yourself and the landlord can go screw?

back from the top because I hate myself.

steam_sig.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ok cool.

The commercial thing, I have no idea for the pugnacious situation, but it generally means do not run a business out of your apartment. Specifically, do not use it as a warehouse, do not have commercial deliveries all day, do not have a steady stream of clients going in or out. I am sure a home office would be fine assume your home office is not actually a multi-employee sales office. Online work... how would they even know and how does it differ from your normal apartment usage?

The other bit, windows and doors, those things should by all means be the landlord's responsibility and have been in every apartment I've ever been in. Check the law and see if that's legal in colorado. But those things are not that expensive so if it's not illegal, it's not a total dealbreaker. It's not like the doors or windows are fragile and will just break on their own. I'm sure this is just in there for glass coverage for students and drunks in particular.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I did a thing I do where I 'watch' a show but can't really hear it over the air conditioner and am reading things

so I now have to rewatch true detective

the good news is I am more hyped than I was before this whole waste of time

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited June 2015
    The other concern is that it specifies if a window or door is broken for any reason- explicitly for any reason, not just stuff that's the tenant's fault- it is our responsibility to replace and not hers. Is that standard? Certainly a landlord has to replace a broken furnace or whatever but is that not the case for doors and windows if they fail naturally or have some weather incident or whatever?

It's not unheard of to stick certain damages on the tenant like this; I think most states allow it, although usually the landlord is still on the hook for normal wear and tear unless the contract explicitly says otherwise.

In most states, the contract is void and you are not on the hook for the damage-is-your-responsibility clause when the unit or building is totally destroyed and the destruction was not your fault.

But it all depends on your state and local laws.

kedinik on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Evil Multifarious

There is this Danish dramedy on Netflix called 'Rita,' in which the titular character is a caring yet cantankerous schoolteacher and single mom.

The current story arc involves her bad-boy lover, Said, a Paki immigrant with a shaved head.

Every time they have sex I turn to the girlfriend and say, "Rita's gonna make a bad, bald decision."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    first ep of true detective wasn't as strong as first season but I still liked it. I think it's because they've got a lot more balls in the air this time and they had to set it all up asap

I like the characters so far and the music is fucking on point again

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Also that closing shot was fantastic.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The new muse album is terrible but it reminded me how good Black Holes and Revelations was.

It's not TERRIBLE... But it is pretty uninspired aside from 2-3 songs I plan to incorporate into my running music.

A significant cut below their better work.

They had a theme and a message they were aiming for, but it fell flat.

Drones, maaaaan.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Zampanov wrote: »
    first ep of true detective wasn't as strong as first season but I still liked it. I think it's because they've got a lot more balls in the air this time and they had to set it all up asap

I like the characters so far and the music is fucking on point again

It's not trying to be the first season, and that's what matters.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Ok cool.

That second thing sounds like bullshit

If stuff breaks they should replace it. If It is your fault then they bill you for it. I.e. You punched the window or something.

The commercial thing you do not have to worry about I don't think.

Not legal advice, I am not your lawyer

You could look on Denver legal aid website they usually have landlord tenant laws on there

back from the top because I hate myself.

Oh gawd, the turbo tunnels.

DUE look out.

Also check the cleaning clauses there are usually laws about those and landlords tend to bend them

edited June 2015
    Also that closing shot was fantastic.
    True detective spoilers
    They're all in the dark (about each other)

They're all hiding from the light

The light can't reach them where they stand

Hope is only around the corner but they can't see it

Etcetcetc

So It Goes on
    edited June 2015
    it's so hard ;-;

but hey i'm at turbo tunnels. round 2.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    it's so hard ;-;

but hey i'm at turbo tunnels. round 2.

Don't give up. You made it 1/4 of the way through.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    eesh

given it is considered a necessary service aren't you allowed to organise one yourself and the landlord can go screw?

I have no idea, I just quickly checked the Victorian renters rights thing and it clearly stated that the landlord is meant to resolve that kind of thing ASAP, and ~48 hours without power doesn't seem like "as soon as possible"

this game is terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/remeepatel/did-you-just-fart#.qc58GevZL

This is dumb as fuck because it's not demonstrating anything interesting, but the last one mentioned in tactic 4 is hilarious.

(the sender is a woman sending messages to men on Tinger)

grid-cell-475-1434639849-2.jpg
    grid-cell-475-1434639850-5.jpg

this game is terrible.

Keep going, I have faith in the vodka you!

This discussion has been closed.