As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
il_570xN.544830165_kcyt.jpg
Oh, this lamp I ordered off of Etsy showed up today and I love it, but it's just so very dusty! Let's just give it a nice rub here OH GOOD GOD

2369727-62202_10151337857506834_488826307_n.jpg
I AM THE BEING INSIDE THE LAMP. GIVE ME THREE REQUESTS, AND I SHALL GRANT THEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLZvsSmBIs
Hmm, how about a touching tale of a boy and animal best friend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg
After that, I'd like a full remake of a landmark game in history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czh4RcR3iRM
And finally, I'd like the next entry in a long-dormant cult franchise, thought never to return!

adam%2Bboyes%2Bgnpr.PNG
THY WILL BE DONE. EXCLUSIVELY ON PLAYSTATION. KIND OF. OKAY, CATCH YOU ON THE FLIP-SIDE, BRO. CHECK BACK IN LIKE, 2 YEARS.

6F32U1X.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    For my fourth wish I wish for you, oh great genie, to get shit faced live on the Internet and witness a trainwreck unfold between a Disney executive and a CEO of a successful indie developer.

CYpGAPn.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Can I just say, that last post in the last thread?

Priceless.
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    For my fourth wish I wish for you, oh great genie, to get shit faced live on the Internet and witness a trainwreck unfold between a Disney executive and a CEO of a successful indie developer.

What happened?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Son of a bitch I just made a thread

I concede to the better and earlier (barely) thread

UnbreakableVow on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Playstation releases this week

PS4
    Arcade Archives Raiders 5
    Astebreed
    Attacking Zegata
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
    Ender of Fire
    Planetside 2
    Ride
    Riptide GP2
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
    Tour de France 2015

Vita
    -No Vita releases this week-

PS3
    Suikoden 3
    Tour de France 2015

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

How had I not heard about this????

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Suikoden 3 on PS3? Not bad.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm pretty hype for a few games
    Gonna be some good times
    These are my thoughts

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm pretty hype for a few games
    Gonna be some good times
    These are my thoughts

Worst haiku

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Hey new Playstation thread, have a new Playstation 4

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/150622_e.html

10% lighter, draws less power, comes in white or black, and the hard drive cover has a matte finish

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ooooh!

Well, if I can't get ahold of the MGS5 one at least I can fall back on that white one.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Watching the Squeenix E3 thing and I appreciate them letting me know I shouldn't give a shit about KH3 by opening the trailer with the dumb bad JRPG keyblade stuff and featuring no real new Disney characters (although the Tangled world is a nice addition) and have the only dialogue be more ridiculous shit about keyblades and light and darkness

God dammit I just want to have goofy fun Disney adventures you jerks that first game was super rad

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about the legendary χ-blade

No please don't do that

CYpGAPn.png
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Can I just say, that last post in the last thread?

Priceless.

What happened?

It was a magic moment, brought to us by Disney.

PSN: BillyIdle_
    I am looking forward to Hitman, their release model seems real neat and the proposed events like "we added this character model to this level, here's his mugshot, you have 48 hours to find him and assassinate him as skillfully as possible" sound rad as hell

My only worry is that the game play won't hold up but so far all of the impressions I've read have been very positive so yeah probably gonna get that game

CYpGAPn.png
    The thing I most want to know more about is definitely Horizon

Yeah Horizon seems to be the most impressive game of the show by general consensus, all of the GB crew thinks it looks rad as hell and they rarely all agree on anything

The new games shown I wanna know about:
    Horizon
    For Honor
    Sea of Thieves
    The FF7 remake (if only to know how significant their overhaul will be or if it's just a new coat of paint)
    Unravel
    Mass Effect Andromeda

CYpGAPn.png
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Yeah Horizon seems to be the most impressive game of the show by general consensus, all of the GB crew thinks it looks rad as hell and they rarely all agree on anything

Horizon
    For Honor
    Sea of Thieves
    The FF7 remake (if only to know how significant their overhaul will be or if it's just a new coat of paint)
    Unravel
    Mass Effect Andromeda

Tired of getting stuck with these Americanised u-less words when they release games over here

If its not called Four Honor I won't be buying it!

PSN- AHermano
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Horizon
    For Honor
    Sea of Thieves
    Unravel
    Mass Effect Andromeda

Tired of getting stuck with these Americanised u-less words when they release games over here

If its not called Four Honor I won't be buying it!
    Webster's 1828 dictionary had only -or and is given much of the credit for the adoption of this form in the United States. By contrast, Johnson's 1755 dictionary used -our for all words still so spelled in Britain (like colour), but also for words where the u has since been dropped: ambassadour, emperour, governour, perturbatour, inferiour, superiour; errour, horrour, mirrour, tenour, terrour, tremour. Johnson, unlike Webster, was not an advocate of spelling reform, but chose the spelling best derived, as he saw it, from among the variations in his sources. He preferred French over Latin spellings because, as he put it, "the French generally supplied us".[14] English speakers who moved to America took these preferences with them, and H. L. Mencken notes that "honor appears in the 1776 Declaration of Independence, but it seems to have got there rather by accident than by design. In Jefferson's original draft it is spelled honour."[15] In Britain, examples of color, flavor, behavior, harbor, and neighbor barely appear in Old Bailey court records from the 17th and 18th centuries, whereas there are thousands of examples of their -our counterparts.[16] One notable exception is honor. Honor and honour were equally frequent in Britain until the 17th century;[17] honor still is, in the UK, the usual spelling as a person's name and appears in Honor Oak, a district of London.

You guys used to spell it honor all the time

Just trying to differentiate yourself from 'murricans, thats all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Read the post again Chinchilla friend

CYpGAPn.png
    I know

I just thought it was interesting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I'm not sure what For Honor's hook is supposed to be

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Why is it spelled Forty and not Fourty

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    Why is it spelled Forty and not Fourty

the atlantic split on the u is because in america we drop the u when the vowel sound is shortened

but Forty is Forty by convention, and for no other reason (based on about 5 minutes of research)

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Fouck english

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited June 2015
    The swordplay mechanic sounds fun, you actually angle and position your sword with the right stick like swinging fists in Fight Night and have to pay attention to your opponent's position relative to you and angle of their sword for parries and whatnot.

Plus not too many online multiplayer 3rd person action games I can think of

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i wish to blow up

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Zay wrote: »
    i wish to blow up

that's good. fantastic.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

That it's been way too long since I got to play a game like Bushido Blade or Jedi Academy.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm really curious how the different factions will work in For Honor.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Hey, we also get a 1tb PS4:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/22/new-1tb-ps4-ultimate-player-edition-launches-next-month/
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm really curious how the different factions will work in For Honor.

There are tons of games that already do asymmetrical historical combat, especially on PC.

See Pirates, Vikings, and Kinghts on PC for example.

For Honor looks a good deal less goofy than PVK is though

If I had to guess I'd guess the Knights are probably a bit slower but more armored, the Vikings are faster and more aggressive but less sturdy and the Samurai are a balance between the two

CYpGAPn.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

If I had to guess I'd guess the Knights are probably a bit slower but more armored, the Vikings are faster and more aggressive but less sturdy and the Samurai are a balance between the two

My thought would be Vikings in the middle and the Samurai as most aggressive.

Depending on exactly how the combat works there could be other neat ways to differentiate forces, samurai best grappling, vikings best shield use, stuff like that.

The deadliest warrior expansion/standalone for chivalry does it and this is basically accurate yes

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I would be really interested in For Honor if it had a singleplayer/story mode. The combat looks fun, I just don't care for multiplayer lately.

So I guess the first game did well?

I don't know if I saw any reviews of it but some of the GB guys dig it?

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    How's Arkham Knight, anybody?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.