As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Reaction Buttons...

Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready.We Hunt.Registered User regular
The new reaction buttons are JUST TOO AWESOME! Thanks, Icy and mods and whatever was responsible for them!

That is all. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I gotta say, the last one weirded me out a little when I first saw it...

But after the initial surprise, I am now glad that I'm finally getting the recognition I so richly deserve ;) .

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I wonder what additional meanings we'll ascribe to these reactions.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    It's missing possibly the most important one.

5JcoY8f.gif

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    :hydra:

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Syngyne wrote: »
    It's missing possibly the most important one.

5JcoY8f.gif
    It's not a coincidence that we don't have negative reaction buttons.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You just know someone's gonna ascribe some negative connotation to one at some point.

The good news is that only about half the people will get that and the rest will think they're just enthusiastic.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I love you Tube, and IcyLiquid, and anyone one else involved in making this happen!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Is there some meta nerd culture thing I'm missing with the button names?

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

go see Mad Max

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Enlong wrote: »
    You just know someone's gonna ascribe some negative connotation to one at some point.

The good news is that only about half the people will get that and the rest will think they're just enthusiastic.
    Maybe, but part of the point of reactions is to cut down on fluffy "Agreed!" posts, and I think if you dislike a posts it's more conducive to the conversationt to state why instead of a somewhat passive-aggressive clicking of a Disagree button.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    They will be taken out back of the woodshed and handled once the next big thing comes around...unless that next big thing is a Firefly project, then Shiney can stick around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Maybe, but part of the point of reactions is to cut down on fluffy "Agreed!" posts, and I think if you dislike a posts it's more conducive to the conversationt to state why instead of a somewhat passive-aggressive clicking of a Disagree button.

Out of intellectual curiosity, do the mods have any metrics on that front? Like average daily posts with additional reactions, versus those without?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    They will be taken out back of the woodshed and handled once the next big thing comes around...unless that next big thing is a Firefly project, then Shiney can stick around.
    Possibly to return when the Xmas Holiday forums roll around again. :D I enjoyed a Very Hydra Holidays, myself. :hydra:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New reactions are simply glorious. Props to all involved with brainstorming, creating, and implementing them. Bravo.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Daimar wrote: »

I can 100% guarantee it will not be a Firefly project.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I haven't seen the movie but from talk I heard
    isn't "witness me" generally a glorious death and / or suicide cry?

Looking at my own account here and where a couple of those have popped up I am taking away a pretty dark message?

Possibly for the first time I find myself in the role of half heartedly objecting to a reaction button and seeking clarification on it.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Witness Me! = I AM DOING/DID SOMETHING AWESOME, EVERYONE WATCH SO THAT STORIES MAY BE TOLD OF MY DEEDS FOR YEARS TO COME

Or something along those lines.

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Witness Me! = I AM DOING/DID SOMETHING AWESOME, EVERYONE WATCH SO THAT STORIES MAY BE TOLD OF MY DEEDS FOR YEARS TO COME

Or something along those lines.
    Yeah seemed like it was similar to the old European belief that you basically live after death as long as stories are told about you.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

go see Mad Max

I haven't seen Mad Max, but I've heard enough to know Witness Me! and What a Lovely Day! are somehow Fury Road things.

Hadn't heard Shiny! before, though. So that's still a Firefly thing to me.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    MEDIOCRE

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

go see Mad Max

I haven't seen Mad Max, but I've heard enough to know Witness Me! and What a Lovely Day! are somehow Fury Road things.

Immortan Joe: [to Nux] No. Put a bullet in her skull, scuttle the rig, return my treasures to me, and I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

go see Mad Max

Or watch the trailer on a loop for 2 hours.
    I didn't really care for it. I'm also glad there are no 'negative' reaction buttons otherwise I'm well aware I would be slammed with them here for being a grumpy sod.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    MEDIOCRE

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

go see Mad Max

Immortan Joe: [to Nux] No. Put a bullet in her skull, scuttle the rig, return my treasures to me, and I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... *while spraying Nux's mouth with silver spray paint* you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    chrome_spray.jpg?w=576&h=238