As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Also the woman who was drooling at me last week came by last night with friends and talked to me about where things were yet kept staring at me
    It's really disconcerting.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And, you need to at least double check your shoes are tied up correctly.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Anywhere that sufficiently public that neither party should have to worry about anything bad going down and would feel comfortable being able to leave at any time. Coffee shops are typically good for this because there's likely to be a number of other people around, but they're typically at least quiet enough that you can carry on a conversation easily enough.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Safe spaces are basically places where:
    A. There are lots of people
    B. In a region all parties know already and aren't going to be lost
    C. With cameras
    D. And escape options

Psykoma on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The third one is more optional than the rest, but still a good thing to have

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I always did coffee shops, except that one time I did laser tag

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Coffee shops or nice bars, typically

Dives are fun, but can be sketchy as fuck, so I tend to aim for cocktail bars for first dates

Like, there was that one time that a girl came to see me in a play after we talked about it and then we went out to the diner until 3 AM

But that's a special circumstance

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Man

I kinda have a hard time internally reconciling the ratio of how gorgeous this girl is to how well I seem to be hitting it off with her

She's the same level of pretty as the girls in high school that would flirt with me so that their boyfriends would harass me or threaten to beat me up

Prettier frankly

Holy dang she's pretty

I'm gonna ask her out sometime this week and if she says yes I think I might actually melt

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    guys I'm in real trouble here
    we were talking about ridiculous cars and she said
    "one word: thundercougarfalconbird"
    send help

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Dating is similar to climbing, where before I start something I am scared of, I like to do a quick nervous wee.

I just read this in a dead silent office and let out the stupidest sounding snort and now I'm stuck in the giggle loop.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Another etiquette question

When and how, if ever or at all, is it appropriate to compliment someone's looks

in person, when you greet them. imho

i know you already did it but I GOT OPINIONS

• Options
    So I start this new job where I happen to work right next to my high school crush. Looks exactly like I remember. We start catching up and really hit it off. One day she invites me to come with her to a party after work. Things are going great--I'm totally relaxed, getting along great with everyone, she's laughing at all my jokes and just generally smiling a lot. Someone asks if the two of us are together, and she says "well actually we-" and I wake up.

God I can't remember the last time I've been so crushed by a dream. Although in retrospect it does explain why the house we were in (with a fully finished basement, mind you) was cruising down the highway at speed.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So I start this new job where I happen to work right next to my high school crush. Looks exactly like I remember. We start catching up and really hit it off. One day she invites me to come with her to a party after work. Things are going great--I'm totally relaxed, getting along great with everyone, she's laughing at all my jokes and just generally smiling a lot. Someone asks if the two of us are together, and she says "well actually we-" and I wake up.

God I can't remember the last time I've been so crushed by a dream. Although in retrospect it does explain why the house we were in (with a fully finished basement, mind you) was cruising down the highway at speed.

Watch out for hop-ons

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    So I finished Aziz's book

You know that whole bit about the pain of back and forth scheduling texts, I'm having that problem

Two ladies from Tinder, and then my friend's friend who I crushing on but only see once in a while, so hard to schedule things... people are so busy and I'm traveling a lot hrgh

poo
  • Options
    So I take it I should get the book.

Still talking board games with that one woman.
    Still not taking the next step to talk to her in person.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Dating is similar to climbing, where before I start something I am scared of, I like to do a quick nervous wee.

I just read this in a dead silent office and let out the stupidest sounding snort and now I'm stuck in the giggle loop.

thumbsup-MadMax.gif

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I take it I should get the book.

Still talking board games with that one woman.
    Still not taking the next step to talk to her in person.

It's a good read and fun too

poo
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Just talked to some ladies about things. They were love adjacent things, closeted in the language of 1950s French existentialism. Where's the goddamn cool thread when you need it?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    carla's gonna be here in like 24 hours and we're gonna be married in a week and i'm gonna be moving to ireland in two weeks jesus fucking christ

• Options
    welp managed to schedule a date for tonight
    only been on one other one in all of 2015 and it was meh

it's gonna thunderstorm so we will see how that goes and how soggy i am

don't know much about this person aside from her one photo and our short chat but i am taking aziz's advice and just trying to meet people
    i suck at text chit chat with people i don't know anyway, meeting people is much better

poo
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We both have the day off today so we get to go out for lunch!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Aziz's modern romance tour was amazing. Being in a fairly committed long term relationship a lot of that stuff didn't apply to me per se but it was fucking hilarious nonetheless.

Also he was wearing a red velvet blazer and it owned.

• Options
    I'm taking this lady on a minor culinary adventure through the cuisine of my motherland tomorrow
    and I'm already nervous/anxious
    and I wish there was just an easy reason for it
    but she has expressed nothing but excitement for it and I like showing people new things
    brain you need to get your shit together bro

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    guh the lack of internal rhyme on that last word is killing me

tam can you edit your post and tell your bran to get its shit together instead

• Options
    "shut up or I'll add 'contusion' to your experiential vocabulary"

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You gotta just sit back, relax and put the ease in Nepalese.

That works better if you say it aloud.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    guh the lack of internal rhyme on that last word is killing me

tam can you edit your post and tell your bran to get its shit together instead

"Tam 'pan", as in "brainpan"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    good date overall, pretty cool lady

i am probably horrible at smooching given how little i have done it but i don't think i was bad enough to be a severe negative

now another date with another lady on thursday eep

this one was much better than the only other one in 2015 that i had months ago

poo
  • Options
    It's been years since I last went on a date I think it's one of the answers of why I don't ask women out as I am scared of myself

• Options
    We went to a baseball game tonight! It was fun! I bought a megastupid shirt which I will be posting in the fashion thread tomorrow.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I asked her out this morning and while I haven't exactly been spamming refresh on OKC all day I have been checking in pretty frequently and as far as I can tell she hasn't logged in all day

Which either means she saw the email notification of my message and is now avoiding dealing with telling me no way I smell

Or she's just you know busy living her life outside of looking at a dating site

• Options
    Probably the first one though

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    I'm taking this lady on a minor culinary adventure through the cuisine of my motherland tomorrow
    and I'm already nervous/anxious
    and I wish there was just an easy reason for it
    but she has expressed nothing but excitement for it and I like showing people new things
    brain you need to get your shit together bro

there was a food stand selling "Himalayan" food at the music festival I was at this weekend. But I missed out. Pretty sure they were from Nepal.

What I'm trying to say is you should date me and make me food. I might put out.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    So that guy I've been talking to on okcupid tried to invite himself to the fair with me and my friends and I didn't really like it. it was kinda pushy and a red flag for me. Friends thought it was cute but I didn't because we haven't met yet....when I was standoffish about him coming instead of going to work he got a bit quiet and I don't think he liked that I didn't want to meet him at the fair...

• Options
    How did he try to invite himself to the faire?
    Did he know you and your friends were going to be there? Did he see you and try you join your group?

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    He knew I was going with friends and he was like "I think I'm going to take off work tonight" and when I asked why he was like "to go to the fair ;) lol" it just made me uncomfortable :/ .....if it was like oh I'm at the fair too! we should meet (and didn't know I was there), it would have been different...

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    I forgot my date had driven and thus could not drink as much (no one drives in nyc but she had a car for work that day) when I ordered the pitcher of beer after we had the first beer but it was economically efficient even if I didn't finish it
    But then I am a sucker for peer pressure so I finished it

I regret that now, my poor stomach
    My poor shite sleep

I need date ideas for Thursday with other person and maybe not a bar would be good... I've been drinking so much lately x_x

poo
  • Options
    He knew I was going with friends and he was like "I think I'm going to take off work tonight" and when I asked why he was like "to go to the fair ;) lol" it just made me uncomfortable :/ .....if it was like oh I'm at the fair too! we should meet (and didn't know I was there), it would have been different...

:(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0go0GQibmU

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Is there such a thing as being too aggressive on timing a second date?
    Because I am thinking fuck it why not this Friday I know she is free and then I'm gone for all of the next week and then a long weekend after too - and it'd be good to hang

But I am also hesitant but I had a good time and feel like she did as well so
    (It's not like I have experience to back either thought up hence asking to the crowd)

There is still that whole mental bit of breaking past that barrier of disbelief of oh, people can actually be into me too, as a thing - so maybe it's not so ludicrous and that the other person is a person who might also enjoy it, and it doesn't have to be some intricate game, or an intimidating thing that I probably subconsciously built up especially due to my age and etc

... I was/am doing some high self reflection in bed because I couldn't sleep from the beer. It's helped actually. Honestly I've been surprised by the effect of going to therapy for the last year, meditation on and off, and introspection (often the last bit uh while stupid high) has had though on helping think things through

Opinions still welcome
    Oh god I made a stupid high post I guess, whatever, it's valid thoughts I ain't embarrassed

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
This discussion has been closed.