As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Do any of you folks have any experience with thunder shirts/vests for dogs?

Our dog doesn't do well in thunder storms and they happen about once a week now that it's summer.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Our dog doesn't do well in thunder storms and they happen about once a week now that it's summer.

I know two people that use them and say they are somewhat effective at the very least.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I've known people that use them that say it becomes a Pavlovian response where the dog gets really anxious at the sight of the vest.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

yeah I think they have to wear them a lot when it ISN'T thundering or that happens

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    The best part of going to visit my parents on Sunday was that the two dogs followed me around the whole time. I felt very powerful.

Later I was covered in fur, but it was totally worth it for the doggy snuggles.

edited June 2015
    Ehh that doesn't sound great.

edit: in regards to the thunder shirts, not dog snugs

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    FYI, helping whelp a litter is one of the most magical/rewarding experiences while also being a lot of pressure to not screw anything up. So many cute new puppies I'll have to get pictures of for you folks.

• caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I'll never get how he can fall asleep like this

9ae1t44gzdyz.jpg

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
    Bull Dag!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I physically hug lola during a storm but she doesnt respond well. She tries to wedge herself in the hall closet though so Im thinking of getting a dog house to keep in the living room where she can chill .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    ecsXnbN.jpg?1

My parents adopted this classy old lady a couple weeks ago, after our last dog died a few months ago at the age of 14.

She's so sweet and doesn't shed at all!

Mortal Sky on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    is she a goldendoodle?

she looks a lot like the dags my uncle has, which are that breed i think

The last dog we had was a labradoodle, but Steffie's just a full standard poodle. Labradoodles and golden doodles usually are a lot stockier, while standard poodles are almost greyhound skinny a lot of the time.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just recently discovered that Beaglier is a kind of dog you can get, and now I want one because Beagle crossed with King Charles Cavalier Spaniel MUST be the greatest dog ever.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I just recently discovered that Beaglier is a kind of dog you can get, and now I want one because Beagle crossed with King Charles Cavalier Spaniel MUST be the greatest dog ever.

Beagles mix well with a lot of dogs in their size range. Its why Pugles and Boodles are so popular

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    oh, I met a beaglier over the weekend! he did the mix of the cutest and dumbest thing ever - standing on a dock in a lake, and sobbing nervously every time someone jumped in the water and took a few seconds to come up

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    This is a (my) golden doodle

FEYe0iU.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    There is a kitty that keeps showing up at our new rental place. It's a young female with no collar or anything like that, but there is no way it is a feral born cat because it is WAY too human-friendly to be completely wild. I had to rescue it from a tree in our backyard today because it had managed to get itself stuck about 20 feet up and then I fed it some fish meat and it followed me around for a couple of hours afterwards until I had to go out and I could not lock it inside our house so I had to put it out and secure the building before I left.

My partner and I would both like to adopt it, but we cannot (rental), so the plan is to capture it and have it checked by a vet and then take it to a shelter as soon as my partner gets home from the mine site she works at. It is young, very cute, and quite good around humans (it likes pats but is not so good with cuddles yet) so it should get snapped up from any shelter it goes to pretty quickly!

Here is a picture of it:

FNZfTXH.jpg?1

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Landlords who don't allow pets are not people.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    This here is my boy Eddy

ic06m8.jpg

There's also a big, ridiculous, hairy, brown dog around here i should put some pics up of because he is very photogenic

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Landlords who don't allow pets are not people.

I have resolved never ever to do an apartment search with pets again. This last one damn near broke me. Even the ones that allow pets had the stupid weight / breed restrictions.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    There is a kitty that keeps showing up at our new rental place. It's a young female with no collar or anything like that, but there is no way it is a feral born cat because it is WAY too human-friendly to be completely wild. I had to rescue it from a tree in our backyard today because it had managed to get itself stuck about 20 feet up and then I fed it some fish meat and it followed me around for a couple of hours afterwards until I had to go out and I could not lock it inside our house so I had to put it out and secure the building before I left.

My partner and I would both like to adopt it, but we cannot (rental), so the plan is to capture it and have it checked by a vet and then take it to a shelter as soon as my partner gets home from the mine site she works at. It is young, very cute, and quite good around humans (it likes pats but is not so good with cuddles yet) so it should get snapped up from any shelter it goes to pretty quickly!

Are you sure it's not someone's cat going on adventures?

If it is they would be very sad if it suddenly went missing.

broken image link
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I lucked into an apartment that only charged me a pet deposit, which seems rarer and rarer now that places seem to know they get can away with charging "pet rent" monthly.

And that is a super tough call about that cat. If your cat is going to spend time outside they absolutely should wear a collar, so in that respect I wouldn't blame someone if they were to take that cat to a shelter. It's possible that even if they don't have a collar they've been implanted with a chip as well.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Collars on cats are actually not the greatest.

Since cats like jumping around when they go on adventures, the collar can get caught on stuff and hurt or even kill them.

There are stretchy collars to prevent this but cast learn to just pull them off so they don't have to wear them.

Microchipping is the way to go for outside cats, though really all cats should be inside cats, especially in Australia where they kill native wildlife.

broken image link

Are you sure it's not someone's cat going on adventures?

If it is they would be very sad if it suddenly went missing.

Which is why we are going to take it to a vets to get scanned for a microchip.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I need to get Izzy microchipped. She's an indoor cat, but she's also sneaky.

And yeah, I've only ever used those break-away collars on her for safety reasons, but she figured out how to get them off, so now she doesn't really wear her collar.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't have Pixel wearing a collar because he's an indoor cat now and I like to ruffle his big puffy neck hair too much and a collar gets in the way, but he is chipped.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    gif-cat-fish-save-1846470.gif

"Nope, not hungry right now. See ya later! ;)"

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    look at those poofy foots

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Poofy foots? Look at those fuzzy tummys!

all keets got dem fuzzy tums

but the poofy foots is a rare bird indeed

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Izzy has poofy foots and it kills me. Her little fuzzy toes! I will try to get pictures.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    5 or 6 years ago we opened our front door to let a visitor in and all of a sudden that cat on the right came running inside, at the time he wasn't much more than a kitten and his fangs had been knocked out, the vet thinks he was probably thrown out of a moving car

for a few days he would jump on anyone's plate that was eating and eat all their food and then sit on them and fart and fart and fart

he's a good cat

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Not fuzzy tums like that!
    This is it, a fuzzy duel is the only way to settle the matter. Choose your kitty, take 10 paces, turn, and pet.

i will have to select my duel kitties carefully

pls bring me all kitties

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

If you can afford to...have it fixed please. Best way to avoid more homeless kitties in the future.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    best duel cat

100_0341.jpg

This discussion has been closed.