As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Post-E3 Discussion Thread: Stuff Happened, I Guess

1131415161719»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Serious Sam VO pack for Talos Principle basically has him going "Next up, Serious Sam 4. I mean, if we make it. Okay, yeah, we're making it."

'course they might not have been entirely serious there. :wink:

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Dunno if this has been posted but there was some awesome Morpheus stuff at e3:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/22/8824359/rigs-hands-on-project-morpheus

I want it.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Serious Sam was too cartoony for me, i prefer Painkiller

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    That sounds like serious sam

Serious Sam is a good start, but there's a feel to Doom that even SS can't match.

Also, I don't think monsters infight in that game.

I am like 99% sure I saw some indie game during e3 (maybe at that stupid PC gamer thing?) that was like, a straight Doom rip off. Like, the aesthetics and everything were meant to mimic old school Doom. But I don't remember the name of it...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Serious Sam is a good start, but there's a feel to Doom that even SS can't match.

I am like 99% sure I saw some indie game during e3 (maybe at that stupid PC gamer thing?) that was like, a straight Doom rip off. Like, the aesthetics and everything were meant to mimic old school Doom. But I don't remember the name of it...

You're probably thinking of Strafe, but that looks more like it was inspired by Quake rather than Doom.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAWjanuLPc

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Strafe has a kind of blocky Doom-esque look to it. it also has what appears to be killer zombie-sloths, so it has that going for it.

https://youtu.be/DIAWjanuLPc

• Options
    Good thing you're named Wraith because you just got ghosted!

• Options
    Good thing you're named Wraith because you just got ghosted!

oh :snap:

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    The original trailer actually shows more, including swimming?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZKDfh1xhs

And also seems to have sections in it that are in that gameplay demo. If it's like that original trailer, but in 'full' HD then I'll be pretty content.

Wait, so everything that they showed off at E3 was content that they had sitting around for at least six years, just ported to the PS4?

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

And also seems to have sections in it that are in that gameplay demo. If it's like that original trailer, but in 'full' HD then I'll be pretty content.

Wait, so everything that they showed off at E3 was content that they had sitting around for at least six years, just ported to the PS4?

Shhhhhhh....

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Shhhhhhh....

It's like any dream where you can fly and get laser hands, and it's totally awesome until you start to become aware how awesome it is, but can't stop, and the more you do the less you can fly or blow stuff up, until it's all crap and you wake up to find The Last Guardian isn't still in production after all.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I think the game from E3 this year that I'm most looking forward to is Horizon. It is so pretty and I love the idea of fighting robo dinosaurs/dragons/monsters.

Also Battlefront, because it's Star Wars.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Was checking some stuff in GAF: http://peoplecanfly.com/blog/
    PEOPLE CAN FLY IS BACK

Studio formerly known as Epic Games Poland returns to independence, with new Unreal Engine-powered projects already underway

June 24, 2015 – Epic Games and People Can Fly today have announced the Warsaw-based team’s return to its original name, memorable logo and roots as an independent game studio.

Ownership of the company, which had been rebranded as Epic Games Poland in 2013, has returned to the local leadership to reflect the team’s desire to create their own games, a move Epic supports.

Studio director Sebastian Wojciechowski continues to lead People Can Fly. The studio is actively contributing to Unreal Engine 4 and Epic’s upcoming game, Fortnite, and is also using the engine for an entirely new unannounced game.

Epic Games Founder and CEO Tim Sweeney said, “We’ve been honored to work with this brilliant group of programmers, artists and designers throughout their history: first as a partner using the Unreal Engine, then as a studio within Epic, and now once again as an independent company.”

“We, as a People Can Fly team, are extremely excited about new possibilities ahead of us,” said Wojciechowski. “We’re going to work on a new game, while continuing to partner with Epic and use UE4. We’re grateful to Tim and the whole Epic team for our long and successful collaboration.”

People Can Fly made its mark on the game industry with the hit Painkiller series more than a decade ago. The team began working with Epic in the early Gears of War days, and went on to ship Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgment. People Can Fly has also contributed to Epic’s more recent games, including Infinity Blade III, Fortnite, Unreal Tournament and other unannounced projects.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    After Bulletstorm did terribly commercially and Judgment failed to keep people interested in Gears, I'm not surprised Epic decided to let them go their separate way.

Still makes me wonder what ChAIR is up to; this is the second studio that Epic has parted ways with in the past few years. (The first was Impossible Studios, made up of ex-Big Huge Games developers)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

You're probably thinking of Strafe, but that looks more like it was inspired by Quake rather than Doom.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAWjanuLPc

Yes, that was it :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Like, I realize I'm being super picky and specific with my desires here, but Doom plays so good you guys, oh my god.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Strafe looks neat, but for something to give me that doom feel the characters have to run at 400 miles an hour.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    After Bulletstorm did terribly commercially and Judgment failed to keep people interested in Gears, I'm not surprised Epic decided to let them go their separate way.

Still makes me wonder what ChAIR is up to; this is the second studio that Epic has parted ways with in the past few years. (The first was Impossible Studios, made up of ex-Big Huge Games developers)

well they were working on the Infinity Blade series, but the last game was released back in 2013 so hopefully they're hard at work on Shadow Complex 2. i mean, we got The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake and Shenmue this year, there's still a chance the SC2 could happen right?

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

well they were working on the Infinity Blade series, but the last game was released back in 2013 so hopefully they're hard at work on Shadow Complex 2. i mean, we got The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake and Shenmue this year, there's still a chance the SC2 could happen right?

One can only hope.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Shadow Complex 2 would be amazing and force me to get an Xbone, but I have a feeling that Chair is stuck in mobile world.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Strafe looks nice. Oddly cartoony, but nice. Reminds me of that one Half-Life 1 conversion with the space cowboys or whatever.

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Shadow Complex 2 would be amazing and force me to get an Xbone, but I have a feeling that Chair is stuck in mobile world.

Shadow Complex 2 only on Windows Mobile 10!

• Options
    Strafe looks nice. Oddly cartoony, but nice. Reminds me of that one Half-Life 1 conversion with the space cowboys or whatever.

Gunman Chronicles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gsZSSTXTU

• Options

Gunman Chronicles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gsZSSTXTU

That's the one!

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm hoping there's a LOT of pre made content with Mario Maker, much as I'll love creating stuff myself I'd still love to actually play all these levels they're showing off.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I love some of those bizarre remixes during editing, and also the new 8-bit themes they included which fit right in with the older style. 8-bit ghost house is cool.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    One thing I noticed is how riding yoshi adds a percussion track, much like in the real SMW. However, this was the castle theme, where Yoshi couldn't be used in SMW. The created a new percussion track specifically for this. That's friggin awesome.

Edit: Are those fucking SMB2-style doors?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Yoshi walking on lava is weirding me right the fuck out.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Yoshi walking on lava is weirding me right the fuck out.

This was brought up in the Wii U thread, but I think there's a bunch of little munchy plants (the black ones from SMB3) being covered up by the lava. They're not technically ON the lava.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I've probably just overlooked it before, but they show off some forced scrolling stages in the back half of that video. I'm sure that won't be used to comedically brutal effect.

• Options
    Few more things trickling out of E3, like this Bombshell trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaZDqCF1NoU

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Strafe looks neat, but for something to give me that doom feel the characters have to run at 400 miles an hour.

It's not quite as fast as doom, but Strafe is pretty close.

If you haven't tried it they have a demo sorta thing on itch.io Here

It's the closest feeling thing to the old school sort of shooter that Doom was that i've played in a long time.

My wish for the Doom sequals/remakes they keep trying is really to just re-do the originals with awesome new graphics and then iterate from that, instead of trying to make some sort of horror game or story driven shooter. But alas were not getting that :(

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited June 2015

That actually looks pretty neat. For some reason it reminds me of the top-down Tomb Raider games (i.e. Guardian of Light / Temple of Osiris)

Warlock82 on
  • Options

It's no Last Guardian, but seeing the reappearance of a promised Duke Nukem Forever spinoff title is still its own kind of noteworthy surprise.

Did Bombshell even show up in DNF? I just remember she was mentioned as a side character during the Quake 2 era of development, with some Jim-Lee style concept art.