As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    So I got screwed. I was working with an internal recruiter. dude says he's gonna schedule me for an interview last week. After that, no word. turns out, after I reached out to him today, he was no longer with the firm. So his replacement is scrambling and tells me that I was a potential candidate but the old guy never got the second interview process rolling. So, today, I get an email saying that there were 3 other candidates ahead of me that already did their second interviews last week and they're not going to move forward at this time.

Fuckin' A

Recruiters last around 3-6 months, I think.

Yeah. It's harsh lesson to learn, though.

tyrannus on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    FUCK just got the worst hamstring cramp FUCK OW OW OW

poo
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I had a Buffy the Hamburgerslayer burger the other day -- it was p good

They opened a bob's burgers by you?

Hamburger Mary's

Not quite the same but very... animated...

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    1311364002374863396.png

D:

Activision Publishing, Inc. and Bungie, together with energy drink category leader Red Bull today announced a partnership that will bring an epic new quest to players of the popular sci-fi action adventure game franchise Destiny via custom-designed Red Bull® Energy Drink cans, inviting consumers across the United States and Canada to Become Legend, making this the first time a video-game, or any third party brand, has ever appeared on the iconic Red Bull can.

D:
    "This partnership brings two brands synonymous with adventure together to offer Destiny players a unique opportunity to further advance their Guardians in the Destiny universe," said Tim Ellis, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Activision. "Whether a player is new to Destiny or with us since launch, the special quest promotion will help give them the ‘wings' and experience boost to take on The Taken King."

D:
    The limited edition Destiny can will also feature Red Bull athlete, member of professional eSports organization OpTic Gaming, and Destiny super-fan Michael "Flamesword" Chaves. Chaves will offer his expertise and experience as an eSports athlete and coach to help guide players through the quest.

D:
    "I'm really excited to be a part of this partnership," said Michael "Flamesword" Chaves, Red Bull eSport athlete. "I love that Red Bull and Destiny have a shared sense of adventure, camaraderie, and pushing boundaries that both brands embody. As a former Coach of OpTic Gaming and Team Captain of my current squad, I'm always looking to help others be at their best. I am very much looking forward to coaching the Destiny community through the quest and help everyone Become Legend!"

D:

D:

The fuck.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    My parents used to have cleaners. They came on Wednesday, so every Tuesday night we'd have to clean and tidy the house so they didn't think we were pigs

This is baffling

We did the same, it makes some sense to pick up stuff from tables and the floor so it can be cleaned more quickly and of course if the cleaners had to move stuff around there is large chance things get placed somewhere you don't expect and can't find it.

FUCK just got the worst hamstring cramp FUCK OW OW OW

Tell your hamstring to stop

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    So I got screwed. I was working with an internal recruiter. dude says he's gonna schedule me for an interview last week. After that, no word. turns out, after I reached out to him today, he was no longer with the firm. So his replacement is scrambling and tells me that I was a potential candidate but the old guy never got the second interview process rolling. So, today, I get an email saying that there were 3 other candidates ahead of me that already did their second interviews last week and they're not going to move forward at this time.

Fuckin' A

That's sucks, dinobutt
    Everything about hiring is terrible

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My parents used to have cleaners. They came on Wednesday, so every Tuesday night we'd have to clean and tidy the house so they didn't think we were pigs

Mojo I was going to post this exact experience. As a child I could not even. It was surreal.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Damn, actually the timing for the destiny expansion really sucks -- not gonna be able to play it until like a month after it comes out so I will probably pass

twitch.tv/tehsloth

That's good. Treating your cleaners like they're your personal maid is kind of dickish

Wait

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean the reason we had cleaners was my parents both worked full time. Between that, the dogs, driving the kid around and such there wasn't a lot of time to full clean the house. So it was worth having someone come in one a week to the general things like the bathtubs and vacuuming and stuff.

As they got more towards retirement that stopped. Now they just clean themselves because they have time.

Also a roomba.

u7stthr17eud.png
    So is Windows 10 good should I upgrade for free on 7/29 SHOULD I?

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I really don't see what the big deal is about the destiny/red bull thing. Every other time this has been done, it was just for the equivalent of an xp boost. Now you get early access to a quest. for like $2. if you wait till next year you just plain get it anyways.

steam_sig.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I mean the reason we had cleaners was my parents both worked full time. Between that, the dogs, driving the kid around and such there wasn't a lot of time to full clean the house. So it was worth having someone come in one a week to the general things like the bathtubs and vacuuming and stuff.

As they got more towards retirement that stopped. Now they just clean themselves because they have time.

Also a roomba.

Get a goat

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Drez wrote: »

Yeah, probably. It is looking like what Windows 8 should have been. A solid, logical successor to the wildly popular Windows 7.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

It is suppose to be good.

You have a year to upgrade for free. Wait a few months for the first patches to get put out then upgrade.

u7stthr17eud.png

Unless you really want one of the things that's being taken out then it's probably a good idea

I'm gonna pass

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

It is good but you don't have to get it day 1. The free upgrade thing is good for a year.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    So my worker with the government job agency is going to try to get me a grant to go back to school for 9 months to get an IT diploma

For my end of things right now I basically have to find a bunch of jobs that program would make me qualified for to justify the grant and show there's a job market out there for the education

If it all works out I should be able to move into doing IT

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Home Movies is due for a renaissance I think, in this era of Jon Benjamin appreciation. The show is so good but I don't think many people saw it.

McGuirk's lessons made me the man I am today. A man with a laughing cow tattoo. I didn't pay attention during the lesson.

Oh brilliant
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    my parents used to have a cleaner but my mom was so neurotic about it she'd spend 2 hours cleaning up so the cleaning lady didn't think less of us

I really don't see what the big deal is about the destiny/red bull thing. Every other time this has been done, it was just for the equivalent of an xp boost. Now you get early access to a quest. for like $2. if you wait till next year you just plain get it anyways.

Because Red Bull branding inside a futuristic video game (the promotional shot from the quote tree has the Destiny background in it so I'm betting the sponsorship will be advertised in-game) is a bunch of bullshit that further cements video gaming as a corporate product rather than an art form?

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Fuckin' A

That's sucks, dinobutt
    Everything about hiring is terrible
    Gonna be stuck doing audit

FOREVERRR

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @Deebaser am I reading this right you are OK with Peppa Pig?

god man what have they done to you......you poor bastard.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WOcjWAs.png

Well, I need to add shading to Red and the Transistor and this will be looking good.

pleased with the result so far!

Also, Red Bull is a vile drink unless it's mixed with Vodka (though it is still pretty vile). It's not as vile as Dr. Pepper, but it's pretty bad as beverages go.

It's funny that the two worst soft drinks in all of creation partnered with two of the worst video game publishers ever to add some bullshit branding to their franchise.

At least EA waited until the second full game in the series.

Because Red Bull branding inside a futuristic video game (the promotional shot from the quote tree has the Destiny background in it so I'm betting the sponsorship will be advertised in-game) is a bunch of bullshit that further cements video gaming as a corporate product rather than an art form?

Destiny's by bungie tho. They did that "chug it and get charged" bullshit, right? :P

Oh brilliant
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Deebs I expect you to wear your tribly every day

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Housecleaning can pick up after your filthy ass mess, but their time is much better spent if you actually pick up after yourselves so you can have them do the stuff that is actually arduous. Windows, dusting on top of ceiling fans, cleaning under the sink etc.

It is good but you don't have to get it day 1. The free upgrade thing is good for a year.

But should I? I mean if it's good SHOULD I?

Do I need to backup my stuff?

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think I am the only person in this massive DMV in a dress

I dunno why that surprises me. I guess I thought dresses were more common.

TehSloth wrote: »

Unless you really want one of the things that's being taken out then it's probably a good idea

I'm gonna pass

What is being taken out?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    So my worker with the government job agency is going to try to get me a grant to go back to school for 9 months to get an IT diploma

For my end of things right now I basically have to find a bunch of jobs that program would make me qualified for to justify the grant and show there's a job market out there for the education

If it all works out I should be able to move into doing IT

As an IT, I think the job market stability would really suit you.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    sometimes I wonder whether if I could ever walk away from Omelas or if I am just the man who was Thursday

also am i human or am i dancer

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Ive been using it every day for months now and it is indeed good. The upgrade should be painless but always backup before an upgrade anyway.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    holy shit. i put the kid down when he wasn't asleep in lights out and he's actually cool with it.

Do I get my #1 Dad mug now?

@spool32 @Sir Landshark @skippydumptruck @bloodyroarxx

@Deebaser lol no call me back when you do it for a month.

Ive been using it every day for months now and it is indeed good. The upgrade should be painless but always backup before an upgrade anyway.

True dat.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I think I am the only person in this massive DMV in a dress

I dunno why that surprises me. I guess I thought dresses were more common.
    You are dressed inappropriately missy. You go home and put on slightly stained sweatpants and a Lynyrd Skynyrd T-Shirt so you are dressed appropriately for your venue.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    WOcjWAs.png

Well, I need to add shading to Red and the Transistor and this will be looking good.

pleased with the result so far!

That's much better than the previous one, good job.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    The free Windows 10 upgrade applying to pirated copies of 7 is basically Microsoft doing this, right?

16blmp0.jpg

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.