As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    The Micheal Jordan edition only has Fly Like an Eagle on the soundtrack

If it doesn't have I Believe I Can Fly then no sale

If Hit 'Em High and Buggin' aren't on there then this soundtrack is bullshit

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Also the theme from space jam

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Look just pack in the soundtrack to Space Jam and let me play it over the game at all times

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Micheal Jordan edition only has Fly Like an Eagle on the soundtrack

If it doesn't have I Believe I Can Fly then no sale

I'm sorry my brain apparently combined those into one super-song

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That is absolutely perfect

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I hope chincy doesn't like dying light

• Options
    Sad thing is that the stupid marketing thing will work

I bought a can of Nos back in 2011 for an Arkham City costume, I'll definltely buy a can of Red Bull for a Destiny mission

• Options
    I hope chincy doesn't like dying light

I don't

Thank god

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Shame, it's a super fun game with some questionable writing (like seemingly every game lately).

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Shame, it's a super fun game with some questionable writing (like seemingly every game lately).

Am i stupid or did Caine not have like 4 or 5 vials of that anti zombie medicine?!

I just finished that mission recently and i am so mad about that whole outcome!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    There is a new Destiny quest that will be RED BULL EXCLUSIVE

1311278789577500304.png

This is not helping my perception of Destiny as a soulless corporate nightmare!

I will buy this

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    There is a new Destiny quest that will be RED BULL EXCLUSIVE

1311278789577500304.png

This is not helping my perception of Destiny as a soulless corporate nightmare!

Destiny really seems like a game that people definitely really cared about making at one point

but all those people left the project and what remains is an absolutely mercenary husk of pretty horseshit

• Options
    Nah

The new expansion they just release is a large improvement in many ways over the last one and the base game

And Taken King looks even better

They're definitely a team that cares about the product, and working to make it better.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Dear Arkham Knight:

Please stop making women victims.

Thanks.

• Options
    Destiny still rules

Dumb outside promotions didn't stop other games being awesome, doesn't stop this one

• Options
    Dear Arkham Knight:

Please stop making women victims.

Thanks.

http://youtu.be/scVJL19akH0

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still need to play Dying Light eventually.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Ok now the game actually is out, Arkham Owners, did Rocksteady's testosterone get in it's own way too bad or is it still good?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Ok now the game actually is out, Arkham Owners, did Rocksteady's testosterone get in it's own way too bad or is it still good?

The game is fun, but some of the story stuff is bad to gross. The batmobile is a love or hate it type thing and overused.

No I don't.
  • Options

I'm not sure what you mean by that

But it's an awesome game, yes

Batmobile stuff is mostly fine except for races

Everything else is fantastic

• Options
    I'm enjoying it a lot

Its treatment of women isn't great but I'm liking the story stuff

I know some people have harped on the writing (Geebs and Speed in particular) but I actually like it quite a bit cause

well

its super goofy

So yeah I dunno it plays incredibly well, the batmobile is fun and it looks amazing

just don't take anything its trying to show you seriously

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

The sexualized female character models and the super bulky male character models, that sort of shit. I haven't seen too much game play but the previews make it look like they went ham on bulky Batman and he looks pretty weird to me.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

Pro: It's a new Batman game.

Con: The story is fairly lazy and trite.

I personally find the way they treat the women in the game so gross that I'm trying to get a refund.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options

The sexualized female character models and the super bulky male character models, that sort of shit. I haven't seen too much game play but the previews make it look like they went ham on bulky Batman and he looks pretty weird to me.

that stuff is actually fairly toned down

batman's huge but people like gordon aren't, and though ivy is sexualized, barbara isn't, stuff like that

the damseling is pretty bad though

given that it is a game expressly about saving people I'm giving that a pass at the moment

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm only about an hour in, but I can testify to the writing being absolutely terrible.

I haven't played the previous two in such a long time, but I don't remember it being nearly this bad.

Game play is rock solid though.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Arkham Knight follows in the path of Arkham City of being mostly an excellent game with some really, really bad aspects

as opposed to Arkham Asylum which is a perfect game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Arkham Knight follows in the path of Arkham City of being mostly an excellent game with some really, really bad aspects

as opposed to Arkham Asylum which is a perfect game

Except the final boss of Asylum is really dumb. But otherwise, pretty much yeah.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Nah

The new expansion they just release is a large improvement in many ways over the last one and the base game

They're definitely a team that cares about the product, and working to make it better.

does it no longer seem like it was written by people who've never read anything before?

• Options
    Arkham City is perfect

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    Nah

does it no longer seem like it was written by people who've never read anything before?

The grimoire stuff has always been pretty good

There is still no way to access the grimoire from the actual game

So, take that as you will. The in game writing amounts to maybe like 7 or 8 minutes of total dialogue from multiple npcs during the new content.

It is, however, pretty decently written dialogue with excellent voice acting behind it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you still can't skip cutscenes when you redo a story mission for a bounty

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Arkham City is perfect
    The game's treatment of Catwoman says otherwise

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    That's accurate

I know it bothers a lot of people but it still doesn't really matter to me personally since I use that time to modify loadouts it check stats or see who is online or whatever.

It's a feature they should be adding, so I'm glad they are for those who want it, but is just whatever to me.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arkham City is perfect

I guess I should have prefaced it with "in my opinion"
    That's accurate

I know it bothers a lot of people but it still doesn't really matter to me personally since I use that time to modify loadouts it check stats or see who is online or whatever.

It's a feature they should be adding, so I'm glad they are for those who want it, but is just whatever to me.

Have they actually said they're adding that?

• Options
    Arkham City is perfect

The horseshoe map says otherwise too

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Arkham City is perfect

I guess I should have prefaced it with "in my opinion"
    That's accurate

Have they actually said they're adding that?

I don't have a quote for you but I definitely read it somewhere for Taken King.

• Options
    Every single time I looked at that horseshoe map in Arkham City and saw that instead of a quick straight-shot journey I would have to venture across the entire map I was confused/angry all over again

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why are there puzzles based around getting your car somewhere

This is so. fucking. stupid.

This car is so advanced yet you need me to do little shit like pull it onto an elevator, get out, raise the elevator back up, get back in, come the fuck on

UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.