As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    guys i have the worst name quit bitching I DID THIS TO MYSELF

what about ME

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Ffffffine.

i feel lonely right now.

is that still too vague?

I don't think that alarm ever turns off

okay, fine, you want details? i'll give you details. i'll give you details that will make me wish i didn't.

i'm a real shut-in. I have been ever since a really bad bromance break-up caused by my own assholish nature. That happened about 8-10 years ago. Basically, my best friend kinda dropped me for other, better friends and i never really healed.

Problem is, I get lonely every once in a while because, as introverted as i may be, being a shut-in is not fun all the time.

One thing i never managed to do but wanted to is play an actual real-life tabletop RPG campaign with people. And i really would love to do that. i tried online Tabletop RPGs, with programs, over IRC or play-by-post and it just doesn't really work for me.

Anyway, until I can manage to heal over that time when a person i considered my best friend decided that i was a bad person, I think i'll keep getting lonely every once in a while. it's kinda hard to get a better sense of self-worth when you also struggle with depression, tho.

Aaaanyways, i hope that's enough details.

Have you thought about mending that bond?

Might help, or, at worst, give you some closure that you need.

Find a group that gets together and join them for the tabletop thing. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, don't go back again.

The past is useless

The worst thing you can do is allow someone who wronged you to define your life for a second longer than you need to get over them

Your life will not change unless you change it yourself

Moving forward is painful and scary and hard but if you work at with enough intensity and drive it will drown out the agony you feel about the past (I speak from experience)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Matt, I thought the conversation you were in in the Tube thread about RL names vs forum names was super interesting. Do you just not like Pony because it's Pony or because it's not your real name though? Like, if it was something else, would you be more comfortable being called it?

Edit: Wait, sorry for calling you Pony in a post about why you don't like being called Pony *headdesk*

to answer your question directly

I don't like being called Pony for two reasons

1. Is I don't like MLP and I never have and I don't want to be associated with it, this username predates the existence of MLP:FiM and its meteoric rise in popularity and the "brony" phenomenon and I want to be as far away from that as humanly possible. Hence why I don't use an actual pony avatar anymore, for example.
    2. The name Pony I associate with the forumer identity Pony, and who I used to really be on this forum and the kind of things I used to do and say. I do not like that person and do not want to be associated with that person anymore. It's bad memories, bad feelings, bad history. I want to walk away from it. I have grown up a lot in the ten years I've been posting here and I am not the person I was when I started. I am not really Pony anymore.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    http://www.hardrockhotelchicago.com/hotel-specials-and-packages.htm

check out the rock star experience package

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Oh god, Hakkekage Polygon got some new deets on this Fire Emblem thing. The good news is that this new one has same-sex marriage in it! Cool, good for you Nintendo! Except not only does it sound like they are definitely going to do the two completely separate versions thing, but gay male relationships are exclusive to one game, and gay lady relationships are exclusive to the other. Conquest has man on man action, Birthright for your waifu on waifu needs.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8836513/fire-emblem-fates-same-sex-relationships-nintendo

I guess if I ever get that game I will have to get birther version then

there's no way i'm not getting both

I think i will start with Conquest because that's supposed to be the easier one, right?

I need some practice before getting punished for poor strategy and having to restart my game 10 million times

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    BC actually does bring up a point btw

if y'all could start just calling me Matt instead of Pony, I'd kind of appreciate it

like everyone uniformly calls Dread Pirate Arbuthnot Cass, nobody calls her by her username

I haven't been bugging chat about it because I didn't want to be a bother, I think I've mentioned it maybe twice ever

but I did mention in Tube's AMA and since it's being brought up

hey if people could do that

that'd be super

put that in your sig, maybe?

I'll try to remember, Matt. :)

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Matt, I thought the conversation you were in in the Tube thread about RL names vs forum names was super interesting. Do you just not like Pony because it's Pony or because it's not your real name though? Like, if it was something else, would you be more comfortable being called it?

Edit: Wait, sorry for calling you Pony in a post about why you don't like being called Pony *headdesk*

1. Is I don't like MLP and I never have and I don't want to be associated with it, this username predates the existence of MLP:FiM and its meteoric rise in popularity and the "brony" phenomenon and I want to be as far away from that as humanly possible. Hence why I don't use an actual pony avatar anymore, for example.
    2. The name Pony I associate with the forumer identity Pony, and who I used to really be on this forum and the kind of things I used to do and say. I do not like that person and do not want to be associated with that person anymore. It's bad memories, bad feelings, bad history. I want to walk away from it. I have grown up a lot in the ten years I've been posting here and I am not the person I was when I started. I am not really Pony anymore.

but could you be just a little bit chad? i want to know a chad... i dont know one... can somebody be my chad Q_Q

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

if y'all could start just calling me Matt instead of Pony, I'd kind of appreciate it

like everyone uniformly calls Dread Pirate Arbuthnot Cass, nobody calls her by her username

I haven't been bugging chat about it because I didn't want to be a bother, I think I've mentioned it maybe twice ever

that'd be super

Putting it in my sig or title is basically like trying to make fetch happen.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

what about ME

What about Raven?!?!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I like my name but nobody ever calls me by it.
    im scared to say it wrong
    esp at pax

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'll be Vlad if you be Chad

• Options
    why be a chad when you can be a vlad

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

but could you be just a little bit chad? i want to know a chad... i dont know one... can somebody be my chad Q_Q

scheck chad was inside you all along

wait

yes.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I knew a Chad once! He had magnificent eyebrows.

Also we had a dog named Chad. He was a terrible dog.

I liked eyebrows Chad much better.

• Options

what about ME

What about Raven?!?!

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?!

• Options
    I was never more nervous than when I went to meet everyone at PAXSouth.
    Like, beyond nervous.

• Options
    I have the best username because it is very much who I am

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm fine with being called Ron. And I will always call Jordan Jordan.

Internet handles are eh.

• Options
    esp at pax

I just imagine Sylvester Stallone getting punched in the face too many times and yelling "AOOOWA!!!"

• Options
    (*I like your name by the way)

• Options

Internet handles are eh.

many of the older generation are very guarded about their names

shrug

I am not, personally, but I understand where they are coming from

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

that'd be super

Putting it in my sig or title is basically like trying to make fetch happen.

fair enough.

I'll still make an effort to call you Matt.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The name I go by in person used to be super rare.

But now there are a bunch of toddlers with the same name and their sudden appearance has been freaking me out.

• Options
    esp at pax

whenever you are nervous about something like this, the key is to do it as wrong as possible

like throw in four extra vowels

Aweeoowaaweewa

and they know you're doing it on purpose and having fun

so that way you get corrected and now you know how to say it right

• Options
    I'm 28. I thought I was an old.

• Options
    Like, beyond nervous.

but why? you're awesome, meeting friends is awesome, what's to worry about?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

what about ME

What about Raven?!?!

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?!

YES

YES YES YES

Matt u r da bes

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

that'd be super

ok, but why for?

Probably because he outgrew the forum handle like 2 lifetimes ago. He's been here a long time.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i just picked an effectively random name for this place when i signed up

i didnt think how it would get shortened at all

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I'm 28. I thought I was an old.

you're like, median age here or maybe even slightly young

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Speaking of names and internet identities, my friend and I have been introducing ourselves with our real names when recording our podcast and I'm wondering if that's something I'm comfortable with. I mean, this is what everybody on every podcast seems to do already, and no one will ever really listen to mine I'm sure, but at the same time it's not as if I am just going around volunteering my first and last name to the [chat] thread normally, right? That would seem like a silly thing to do, and why would anybody do it? But if I were to post a link to this podcast, I would be doing just that. Not sure what to do, could just do first names?

Make up an alias with a cool last name?

• Options
    Like, beyond nervous.

well what if every terrible thing I said on the internet was read back to me
    and then there was a small room where everyone shared their feelings about everything I said
    and like spool32 and family hated me for being a jerk on the internet
    that was my biggest fear

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

*sigh*

*opens costume closet and fishes out puka shell necklace*

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Internet handles are eh.

many of the older generation are very guarded about their names

shrug

I am not, personally, but I understand where they are coming from

The only internet community I know of that routinely meets in real life and uses handles instead of names is the Enforcers.

Pretty much every other group I've met with goes straight to first names.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

*sigh*

*opens costume closet and fishes out puka shell necklace*
    faded A&F t
    puka shell necklace
    some banging sandals and aviators

• Options
    I am tickled that you have a costume closet

• Options
    Like, beyond nervous.

well what if every terrible thing I said on the internet was read back to me
    and then there was a small room where everyone shared their feelings about everything I said
    and like spool32 and family hated me for being a jerk on the internet
    that was my biggest fear

well im glad it didn't go that way!

• Options
    I'll call Luke Luke, too.

And median age?

I'll median KILL YOU.

(I'm not sure how that works)

• Options
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I didn't know you were Matt, Matt

This discussion has been closed.