As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the trick to not feeling bad about past you is never becoming a better person

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I was never more nervous than when I went to meet everyone at PAXSouth.
    Like, beyond nervous.

really? you were fun to hang out with, and we had a nice lunch too!

i was also so nervous at my first PAX.

and at the second.

At the third, i was still getting used to it all. :razz:

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I've started asking my son if he wants to be "really useful" when I'm trying to get him to do sketching he doesn't want to. It has worked so far. Thank you, Thomas!

for a good part of his age 2-3 stage, we got oldest to eat his food by telling him he needed it to be strong enough to be an excavator when he grows up

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    funny.

I've been on this project as a QA tester for, like, 2 and a half months now.

and I still get teary eyed at an emotional moment in the beginning of the game... every. single. time.

Like, I would've thought i'd be desensitized by now, but nope.

This scene has been making me cry since the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bag48VyrOpI

It will never be less sad.

This is monstrous.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    the trick to not feeling bad about past you is never becoming a better person

The trick to liking past you is to always get worse.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    funny.

I've been on this project as a QA tester for, like, 2 and a half months now.

and I still get teary eyed at an emotional moment in the beginning of the game... every. single. time.

Like, I would've thought i'd be desensitized by now, but nope.

This scene has been making me cry since the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bag48VyrOpI

It will never be less sad.

This is monstrous.

I should have put a trigger warning.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    also I do have a strong preference... I don't like being called by any name I used for RP or other gaming, just spool and $actual_name

Coinage wrote: »
    You'll always be that guy with his arms across his chest to me, jeepguy.

(I'm not exactly sure which avvy you mean, I've had a number of them over the years)

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I've started asking my son if he wants to be "really useful" when I'm trying to get him to do sketching he doesn't want to. It has worked so far. Thank you, Thomas!

for a good part of his age 2-3 stage, we got oldest to eat his food by telling him he needed it to be strong enough to be an excavator when he grows up

I think I got sent outside to play with the explanation that paleontologists needed to be used to the heat or something

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    nnnngggh more cool stuff keeps popping up in FE Fates

and i'm getting the shakes cause it's not hitting the US until 2016

Orphane on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    There was a time in my life I was diagnosed with Anti-Social Personality Disorder

and like some people do, rather than take responsibility for my mental illness and try to deal with it in a healthy fashion, I hid behind it like a badge of honor and used it as a shield to protect myself from responsibility for the shitty ways I'd behave and the horrible things I'd do or say. (see also: the way some people diagnosed or self-diagnosed with Asperger's behave)

I posted on the forums during this period in my life and my behavior during that time kind of reflects that. I was more or less proud of being diagnosed as a sociopath and allowed it to define me as a person. It made for a very convenient way to not take any kind of moral account or emotional weight to anything I did or said, and to squelch my screaming conscience deep down.

As I got older and circumstances happened in my life and that diagnosis was changed, I had to reevaluate a lot of things including that behavior. I no longer have that diagnosis, nor do I hide behind my current diagnosis as a shield from my responsibilities to act like a fucking human being.

Basically every single thing I posted on the forums before like 2010 is a fucking embarrassment and could vanish and I wouldn't miss it for a second.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    And then one day someone asked me well why are you just saying these things, what is your point?

I did not have a good answer and this sparked serious self-reflection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uha84WmQPXI#t=232

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I was never more nervous than when I went to meet everyone at PAXSouth.
    Like, beyond nervous.

really? you were fun to hang out with, and we had a nice lunch too!
    it was a great lunch
    i was just crazy nervous
    so worried I would say something to offend or something
    and you and bel were super awesome the whole time

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Percy now accompanies use whenever it is time to brush my son's teeth. He doesn't want to dissapoint Percy.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I enjoy how unattached I am to names.

But I guess my name has always been kind of fluid among friends.

Elementary it was the shortened version of my first name.

By 6th grade started being my last name.

By college it was Rei with my roommates.

Later Sec/Secalem.

Then later Remmek, Grana, and Mazzy/Mazzyx.

I answer to probably 8+ names?

Yeah this is kind of how I feel about it, too. I enjoy all my names. I don't really even have a preference. There are some permutations of my RL name that are sort of family-only or that wouldn't make sense out of the context of a specific group of friends, but I don't like those names any more than any other, they just don't mean the same thing/don't work outside of the places they came from. It's not that I'm not attached to my name, it's just that I'm attached to all my names and nicknames pretty equally.

I like being Cleric just as much as I liked being Butterfly or Ellie or Day when I was in elementary school or as much as I like being Andy or Lina or anything else (none of those are my RL name). I don't really have a strong preference.

Yeah I wasn't even counting family names people call me that I would probably death stare non-family people for calling me it.

I also always felt lucky I liked the name my folks gave me. I was also almost Elijah. I would of been cool with that name too.

Shiv and Ell and a bunch of folks who have met me can attest that calling Mazzy is just as easy as calling me my real name.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage

i feel like once again i need a person running behind me with a spatula to generate "motivation"

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Another one I like. If he doesn't want to walk anymore and wants me to pick him up I say "do you want to run as fast as you can run?" And he says "yes!" Then I walk fast holding his hand which translates into him running and I say "we'll run as fast as we can go and then we'll run faster" over and over and he yells out "fast!" Between laughing.

Seriously, there is nothing that compares to being a dad.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    90% done cleaning.

Taking another break. Managed to get my car done as well on my last break, so even my car is clean now!

Just need to finish the dishes and then sweep and mop the floors.

So, my one hour was a little conservative. Probably at the 2.5 hour mark now.

Time for some more Fallout: New Vegas.

Casual wrote: »
    @Hakkekage

i feel like once again i need a person running behind me with a spatula to generate "motivation"

like, a sexy spatula?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hOhhgrM3bs

Man, according to my calculations (which are very flawed), next month will mark my 20th year of video gaming.

Wow, what an adventure that's been.

20 years of gaming.

i should probably make something related to that...

Maybe make a thread in G&T?

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I got a Sega Master System in 1988. That was my start to gaming. Twenty seven years. Jesus.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Man, according to my calculations (which are very flawed), next month will mark my 20th year of video gaming.

20 years of gaming.

Ooo! I get that sometime next year I think

There should be a pin or a badge, like in Girlscouts

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    Another one I like. If he doesn't want to walk anymore and wants me to pick him up I say "do you want to run as fast as you can run?" And he says "yes!" Then I walk fast holding his hand which translates into him running and I say "we'll run as fast as we can go and then we'll run faster" over and over and he yells out "fast!" Between laughing.

Dude, i know we don't agree on a lot of things and, well, i've never hid that i don't particularly like your opinions, but your posts about being a dad never fail to warm my heart.

You sound like a good dad.

The world needs more of those.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    29 years since my first memory of gaming on a commodore 64.

Youngins.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Don't talk in absolutes! Who knows - you might really enjoy being the fun grandpa who slips his grandbabies sweets when your son's not looking.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @Deebaser am I reading this right you are OK with Peppa Pig?

god man what have they done to you......you poor bastard.

Peppa Pig is a boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tVZaARcnRg

Mazzyx wrote: »
    29 years since my first memory of gaming on a commodore 64.

Youngins.

TI 99/4A

Text adventures on a cassette player with a wire from teh headphone jack into the TI. Something about a pharaoh, I don't really remember.

Also Hunt the Wumpus

20 years of gaming.

Wait, what? Man, you started young.

i got my first console at my 6th birthday. i got the Donkey Kong Country SNES bundle + Mario Paint.

i mean, i had played video games before that, but that's when my collection really started.

I should really do a big effortpost about my early gaming memories.

i have so much i'd like to say about games like Donkey Kong Country and Chrono Trigger...

:)

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    If Woot features a Keurig machine during this wootoff I am finished.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i watched a friend of mine do a preview of his edinburgh show tonight

it is weird coming out of a show and thinking "that was too funny"

it almost felt like there was no break in the whole hour

No, earlier than that... Lemonade Stand and Oregon Trail on the TRS-80 on floppy disks

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    There is a picture of me playing an NES with one hand down my pants when I'm like 3

I always use that picture as my gaming starting point

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    old farts

20 years of gaming.

i got my first console at my 6th birthday. i got the Donkey Kong Country SNES bundle + Mario Paint.

i mean, i had played video games before that, but that's when my collection really started.

i have so much i'd like to say about games like Donkey Kong Country and Chrono Trigger...

We used to get her to chill out by watching the After Dark screensavers.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    first game i played was kirby dream land 2 or link's awakening
    can't remember if i got them both at the same time or not

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Someone keeps tagging the sidewalks with "All Lives Matter!" By my apartment.

Stop! Just... stop....

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

20 years of gaming.

what's there to say about donkey kong country besides that it's the greatest game ever made

where do you go from there

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.