As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

My initial reaction is "Well, it's right there in the site url, after all", but I have no idea if that's an official or affiliated account.

It's an account devoted to posting short examples of "goon" posts that are typically gross, either politically or physically

the next one in the timeline is about a dude using coffee filters instead of toilet paper since it doesn't flake when you do some deep cleaning

So my initial reaction stands.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ( ͡° ◯ ͡°) CLOWN FIESTA ( ͡° ◯ ͡°) ( ͡° ◯ ͡°) CLOWN FIESTA ( ͡° ◯ ͡°)

obF2Wuw.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my friend has a generic mutation that causes her not to have BO

so do most asians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCC11 <-- this is the culprit

you know i've met @eddy twice and he smelled like a dream

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Allegedly, this is so common in Korea most stores don't carry deoderant.

not allegedly its scians omg !!!!!!!!!!!!

obF2Wuw.png
    Chanus wrote: »

so do most asians

you know i've met eddy twice and he smelled like a dream

like peonies and lady-of-the-night in glorious harmony

obF2Wuw.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

I'm just covering my butt because I saw it in a jpeg and I am unwilling to spend 30 seconds googling it.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    (albeit under coercion)

I don't know why you act like this doesn't matter when it seems to matter a great deal.

It being hard to do the right thing is a mitigating factor, not a complete defense.

i agree with paying ransom being illegal but i can't imagine wanting someone to get prosecuted for it

idk waht that makes me, but that's where i am on the issue

Sometimes making something illegal is a better way to strongly discourage something than just telling people "We strongly discourage doing this though we can't stop you."

By having it illegal the police can tell people (who are distraught, emotional, nightmare scenario, all worst fears realized, world crashing down on them etc) "You can't do that, not an option." and have that be a true statement.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The railway on the island of Sodor is much larger and has far more trains than it would if it was private, but the people have remarkably extensive rail access as a result and the engines are all given the chance to feel really useful. Less wealth is created on net than would be if the rail was privatized, but more benefit is bestowed on a greater number of people and engines with the nationalized rail. The many benefit at the expense of the few. This is what a government based on the wellbeing of its citizens as a whole looks like. Seems pretty good to me.

I'm just covering my butt because I saw it in a jpeg and I am unwilling to spend 30 seconds googling it.

d/w i posted the snp on last page

obF2Wuw.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The railway on the island of Sodor is much larger and has far more trains than it would if it was private, but the people have remarkably extensive rail access as a result and the engines are all given the chance to feel really useful. Less wealth is created on net than would be if the rail was privatized, but more benefit is bestowed on a greater number of people and engines with the nationalized rail. The many benefit at the expense of the few. This is what a government based on the wellbeing of its citizens as a whole looks like. Seems pretty good to me.

I like these posts.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In fact, it is only by virtue of this focus on the populace (people and trains alike) that steam engines are still dominant on Sodor despite the presence of a diesel line like those that dominated steam trains on the main land. In a capitalist society, all the steam trains would be scrapped and the whole character of the island would be lost.

edited June 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AWBf0hbeMU
    And some haters said that DMX ran out of steam.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The railway on the island of Hodor is much larger and has far more Hodors than it would if it was private, but the Hodor have remarkably extensive Hodor access as a result and the Hodors are all given the chance to feel really useful. Less Hodor is created on Hodor than would be if the Hodor was privatized, but more Hodor is bestowed on a greater number of Hodor and Hodors with the nationalized Hodor. The Hodor benefit at the expense of the Hodor. This is what a Hodor based on the wellbeing of its Hodors as a whole looks like. Seems pretty good to Hodor.

Gim on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/24/shenmue-3-creator-explains-sony-help/

So Yu Suzuki apologized to the backers about not being honest about the funding for this kickstarter.

Turns out Sony will be directly involved in production, advertising, even publishing (at least on the PS4), and this was guaranteed before the kickstarter even happened.

He is stating that Sony will not see a dime of the kickstarter money and it will all go into development of the game, but if sony is ALSO developing the game alongside Yu...

People just need to be up front with their shit. I would have still backed it. But the reason they didn't mention Sony is because people woul dbe far less likely to open up their pursestrings for a game that already has the financial backing of a corporation like Sony.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    @ronya @Apothe0sis

as usual

comments are pretty on point.

Singer is, if nothing else, a consistent shining example of why academic freedom is important.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    and the rattlesnake said
    "I wish I had hands
    so I could hug you like a man"
    and then the cactus said
    "don't you understand
    my skin is covered with sharp spikes
    that'll stab you like a thousand knives
    a hug would be nice
    but hug my flower with your eyes"

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    and the rattlesnake said
    "I wish I had hands
    so I could hug you like a man"
    and then the cactus said
    "don't you understand
    my skin is covered with sharp spikes
    that'll stab you like a thousand knives
    a hug would be nice
    but hug my flower with your eyes"

this is some purity promise fundamentalist nonsense isn't it

so do most asians

you know i've met eddy twice and he smelled like a dream

like peonies and lady-of-the-night in glorious harmony

eddy got that little peony

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    so i traded in my old 360

turned out it was too old to qualify for the deal so they gave me like $35 store credit

but i had a pile of old games that i sold with it so i got a ps4 for about $150

woo

Wqdwp8l.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I would like a sandwich of my choosing!

Irond Will wrote: »

turned out it was too old to qualify for the deal so they gave me like $35 store credit

woo

now you can play all your favorite dating sims!

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

woo

you have officially won the console generation.

Now whenever a game comes out, you will be able to play it.

I'll be there next year I am sure.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Looks like I wont be homeless next week!

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

So Yu Suzuki apologized to the backers about not being honest about the funding for this kickstarter.

Turns out Sony will be directly involved in production, advertising, even publishing (at least on the PS4), and this was guaranteed before the kickstarter even happened.

He is stating that Sony will not see a dime of the kickstarter money and it will all go into development of the game, but if sony is ALSO developing the game alongside Yu...

People just need to be up front with their shit. I would have still backed it. But the reason they didn't mention Sony is because people woul dbe far less likely to open up their pursestrings for a game that already has the financial backing of a corporation like Sony.

The latest Jimquisition brought up another troubling point - Yu Suzuki first said Shenmue 3's Kickstarter goal was $2 million but then later added bigger goals would mean more areas would be in the final game. That is, fans won't get the full Shenmue 3 experience for less than $10 million raised. That's trickery to me.

emnmnme wrote: »

The latest Jimquisition brought up another troubling point - Yu Suzuki first said Shenmue 3's Kickstarter goal was $2 million but then later added bigger goals would mean more areas would be in the final game. That is, fans won't get the full Shenmue 3 experience for less than $10 million raised. That's trickery to me.

And I also think it is theater at this point.

If he only ends up with 4-5 million dollars, Sony would be an idiot not to grab 5 million in change from the couch and let him make the game they actually want to make.

SW-4158-3990-6116

woo

synd how likely is it the hololens will be amazing

because i am seriously considering picking up a bone just for that minecraft experience

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    omg

warner bros is suspending sales of PC versions of Arkham Knight

it's that bad

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Also, these instructions are incoherent
    Important Note - the FBI needs two separate sets of ink print cards submitted before they will do a name search. So, if there are any issues with having difficulty obtaining clear prints (medical condition that doesn't allow you to fully open your hands, worn fingerprints, etc.) you might be required to submit a second set of fingerprints. This isn't always necessary, but if the first set isn't clear and the FBI rejects them this will add a significant delay if you do not get two sets completed initially. Please be sure to get two done, send them both and the second set will be held to see if the FBI rejects the first set.

Riddle me this: are two sets required or merely requested? The first sentence clearly states that the FBI requires two sets. But then the last sentence states that they won't actually send the second set to the FBI unless there's a problem--so how could the FBI be requiring two sets? Also, the explanation for why they request two sets strongly implies that they will try to go ahead with one.

Who the fuck wrote this?

MrMister on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

I mean, if it never will have existed can it really be said that we aren't getting the full experience? I can't imagine many triple A titles ship with full scope accomplished.

Psn:wazukki
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    omg

it's that bad

what's going on with this?

the guy at work like his copy well enough

Lh96QHG.png
    We should just euthanize everyone.

Only babies strong enough to throttle the doctor to death and consume their corpse for sustenance are fit to live.

MrMister wrote: »
    Important Note - the FBI needs two separate sets of ink print cards submitted before they will do a name search. So, if there are any issues with having difficulty obtaining clear prints (medical condition that doesn't allow you to fully open your hands, worn fingerprints, etc.) you might be required to submit a second set of fingerprints. This isn't always necessary, but if the first set isn't clear and the FBI rejects them this will add a significant delay if you do not get two sets completed initially. Please be sure to get two done, send them both and the second set will be held to see if the FBI rejects the first set.

Riddle me this: are two sets required or merely requested? The first sentence clearly states that the FBI requires two sets. But then the last sentence states that they won't actually send the second set to the FBI until requested--so how could the FBI be requiring two sets? Also, the explanation for why they request two sets strongly implies that they will try to go ahead with one.

Who the fuck wrote this?

i read it as you need to send in two sets of prints in case they need a second one because the first one doesn't work for whatever reason

but i had to read it a couple times to get that much

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

Riddle me this: are two sets required or merely requested? The first sentence clearly states that the FBI requires two sets. But then the last sentence states that they won't actually send the second set to the FBI unless there's a problem--so how could the FBI be requiring two sets? Also, the explanation for why they request two sets strongly implies that they will try to go ahead with one.

Who the fuck wrote this?

two probably need to be available

but most people might not hit the second check

Lh96QHG.png

woo

because i am seriously considering picking up a bone just for that minecraft experience

It will likely be fucking awesome once it is a real product you can buy in stores.

But it wont be a real product for a while, so don't buy an XBO for that reason alone.

they are still tweaking the hardware, expanding the field of view, and doing all sorts of stuff that a product ready for release would not need to have done to it.

If you get an XBO, get it because there are a bunch of great games you want to play on it now or this holiday, or you have a massive rock band library on your 360, or a bunch of 360 games you want to keep playing, etc etc.

As it stands, the Xbox One is the logical upgrade console if you have a 360 - this was not always the case, but with Backwards Compatibility being a very real thing, well....

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Neco wrote: »
    Looks like I wont be homeless next week!

you think youre so fancy

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    10 million is probably not enough to make the shenmue 3 he wants
    idk man games are expensive wtf

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    omg

it's that bad

what's going on with this?

the guy at work like his copy well enough

apparently it's just got dogshit framerate and crashes like a motherfucker on a wide variety of systems

people have driver issues like crazy

it's basically a bad port

it's real bad

so bad that Warner Bros straight up just took it off the digital shelf, you can't buy it for PC right now on Steam or whatever

and they literally told people how to refund it if they wanted and are like "we understand if you're upset and if you want a refund, okay, we're sorry"

and they're working on fixing it

Also anyone who disagrees with my position was probably just a weak baby and knows it.

I, on the other hand, laid waste to the hospital before crawling into the sewer to plot the downfall of the human race.

woo

It will likely be fucking awesome once it is a real product you can buy in stores.

But it wont be a real product for a while, so don't buy an XBO for that reason alone.

they are still tweaking the hardware, expanding the field of view, and doing all sorts of stuff that a product ready for release would not need to have done to it.

If you get an XBO, get it because there are a bunch of great games you want to play on it now or this holiday, or you have a massive rock band library on your 360, or a bunch of 360 games you want to keep playing, etc etc.

As it stands, the Xbox One is the logical upgrade console if you have a 360 - this was not always the case, but with Backwards Compatibility being a very real thing, well....

well, i have ps4 currently and hadn't had a console since like 2002 before that

so i guess i will hold off on the xbone until the hololens is a fully operational battlestation

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

And I also think it is theater at this point.

If he only ends up with 4-5 million dollars, Sony would be an idiot not to grab 5 million in change from the couch and let him make the game they actually want to make.

This is true, Sony doesn't have too much to lose by swooping in at the last second and being the heros, but they have an awful lot to gain by waiting until the end of the Kickstarter to do it.

This discussion has been closed.