As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    It really does run extremely well on ps4

much better than witcher

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Make sure you got dat patch

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I did

Helped a bit.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I only played for an hour or so today, but it did stutter twice for me very early on. Not sure if I just need to move my PS4 out of the cabinet for better airflow.

I also don't remember seeing Arkham Knight doing the 49gb install. Would it have done that by itself when I first put the disc in? I put it in last night before I went to bed to it would download the update.

I'm new to PS4ing

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It does the installs without really surfacing it

When you put a disk in for the first time it does have a little install bar, but that's only for how long until "playable"

Playable in this case meaning "the logos at the start and the main menu"

Sports games take like 45 minutes to install

6F32U1X.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Basically Arkham Knight is the reverse of every other AAA game

Excellent console versions, ridiculously screwed up on PC

If anything I'd say good console versions are the norm.

Especially if the company is Ubisoft.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I only played for an hour or so today, but it did stutter twice for me very early on. Not sure if I just need to move my PS4 out of the cabinet for better airflow.

I also don't remember seeing Arkham Knight doing the 49gb install. Would it have done that by itself when I first put the disc in? I put it in last night before I went to bed to it would download the update.

I'm new to PS4ing

The Extras menu should tell you when it's done. It's very dumb how they have the current set up imo.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Keep* seeing posters for your movie all the over the place.

Qanamil on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Aaaaaand the Riddler mission Balancing Act has glitched on me, making it impossible to beat

Fucking wonderful

I also glitched into a wall earlier when trying to do an inverted takedown and had to quit to the main menu

Rocksteady has never been this sloppy, it's really disheartening to see them slipping so badly with this game

UnbreakableVow on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vow, you're giving me mixed messages here

Veldrin wrote: »
    Vow, you're giving me mixed messages here

All games have glitches of some sort

I just happened to run into two in somewhat short succession

The game runs just fine

Ah ok, fair enough. I just assumed from your sloppiness comment that you'd been encountering a fair amount of them.

Ah ok, fair enough. I just assumed from your sloppiness comment that you'd been encountering a fair amount of them.

I encountered literally zero glitches in the many times I've played through Asylum and City, it's insane how well-polished those games are

So it is a lot, comparatively

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Why aren't the map markers showing up in the sky or on my radar? I keep having to open the map to see if I'm near my objective

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Boy fucking howdy, these "hop out of Batmobile, do a thing, remote control it, do a thing, control Batman again, repeat all steps at least 1 more time" things SUCK ASS.

Not digging the Batmobile. Ripping around the streets, it's fine. Flipping into tank mode is just boring. Strafe a bit, shoot some missles, build up lock-on, yawn. And then fucking having to maneuver that thing just to...fucking have all the dev time spent on it make financial sense, I guess. Yeah, let's spend MORE time on this goddamn crane adjusting this ramp. BATMAN!

It super sucks that my initial thoughts on the Batmobile reveal came true.

Medium Dave on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I dunno of this game is worse about it or if I'm just more sensitive to it than I was when Arkham city came out

But something about the tone of this game feels sorta really really aggrandizing of police in a way that rubs me wrong

Every cop is a noble hero who's putting it all on the line to protect the city and every criminal is a stereotypical thug who just wants to "kill the Bat" for completely unexplored reasons

And I mean it's a fantasy so on one hand whatever

But on the other hand it's a fantasy that rings really hollow with me at this point

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Every single criminal of Gotham is a member of a gang led by a super villain, and their only motivation for being in the gang is because they believe that their gang has the best plan for killing batman

And the evacuation conceit means that you can run people down in your car or do a pile driver on them from the top of a skyscraper even if they're just standing around chatting because there is a 100% chance that they're a violent gang member

It feels like a version of the batman mythos that lacks any kind of self awareness, and given the way things are these days that really doesn't play well

I'm still having fun with the game, there's a lot of cool stuff in it both mechanically and presentationally

But there's a loooot of stuff around the edges that makes me uncomfortable

Can you actually pile drive a dude from the top of a skyscraper?

Because, legitimate points and concerns aside, that sounds awesome.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    i really fundamentally don't understand the economics of crime in the arkham game universe

like, riddler has a robot army

how did he get a robot army

where did the manufacturing and funding come from

why are all the criminals beating up cops or wandering around with machine guns instead of looting money and valuables

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm assuming he just 3d printed the trophies

liEt3nH.png
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I am playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time, at the Hospital now... and just stay down. I just went through these doors, don't want to be hearing no static, 'K?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Drive club PS+ is up now.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I wonder how WB is feeling about being the de facto test case for Steam refunds right about now?

Steam refunds launched alongside a sale for Assassin's Creed: Unity. I seriously wonder how much of a coincidence that really was.

euj90n71sojo.png
    i really fundamentally don't understand the economics of crime in the arkham game universe

like, riddler has a robot army

how did he get a robot army

where did the manufacturing and funding come from

why are all the criminals beating up cops or wandering around with machine guns instead of looting money and valuables

He 3d printed the robots

edited June 2015
    Also I had a glitch where I knocked a thug out while I was in detective mode and his spine elongated and ribs separated and I was like woah weird I bet its a detective mode glitch let me just switch to normal and GAAAAH

Chincymcchilla on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Can you actually pile drive a dude from the top of a skyscraper?

Because, legitimate points and concerns aside, that sounds awesome.

This is something you can very literally do in Spider-Man 2. Not the latest one, but the one from the PS2/Xbox/Cube era.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This is a long shot, but does anyone know if there's an easy way to get a PS4 connected to a tv via components?

My tv's HDMI is busted but apart from that it's a perfectly working, 42 inch tv. I really want to avoid having to buy a brand new tv just for the PS4, but I also really want a ps4.

Any ideas?

Kyougu wrote: »
    This is a long shot, but does anyone know if there's an easy way to get a PS4 connected to a tv via components?

My tv's HDMI is busted but apart from that it's a perfectly working, 42 inch tv. I really want to avoid having to buy a brand new tv just for the PS4, but I also really want a ps4.

Any ideas?
    I have one

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It does the installs without really surfacing it

When you put a disk in for the first time it does have a little install bar, but that's only for how long until "playable"

Playable in this case meaning "the logos at the start and the main menu"

Sports games take like 45 minutes to install

Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer did not work for like 45 minutes after the game allegedly first installed. There was no loading bar, no message, no indication whatsoever. Just a greyed-out option that eventually turned active after an hour or so.

This exact experience was true for me, my brother, and 3 or so others that bought the game the same time I did.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    On PS4 you can check if something is really 100% installed by pressing the options button on the XMB and selecting Information.

I've had a few games that seemed fully installed (nothing in downloads and no bar on the XMB), but in Information it still shows a download status.

ZD98Zka.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    did sony announce any price cuts anytime soon at e3? or if they'll ever do disc-based emulation like they announced for the xbone. I didn't keep tabs on anything they announced at E3 besides last guardian

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Naphtali wrote: »
    did sony announce any price cuts anytime soon at e3? or if they'll ever do disc-based emulation like they announced for the xbone. I didn't keep tabs on anything they announced at E3 besides last guardian

I think they basically said disc based emulation wasn't going to work because of the ps3 architecture, and I didn't hear any price cuts mentioned

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

I think they basically said disc based emulation wasn't going to work because of the ps3 architecture, and I didn't hear any price cuts mentioned

I just want ps1/ps2 emulation honestly and its been done on x86 before

I dunno, hopefully my phat ps3 survives for a while longer in the mean time but the only thing that even partially interests me in a ps4 is bloodborne.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    They did quietly announce the 1 TB model of the PS4 a couple days ago, but I think it's only for Europe?

6F32U1X.png
    Speaking of No Man's Sky

Hearing Brad and Danny's impressions of it on this week's Bombcast made me super excited

Keith wrote: »
    Why aren't the map markers showing up in the sky or on my radar? I keep having to open the map to see if I'm near my objective

I exited the game and it fixed itself

I think "rest mode" is my favorite thing about the PS4 so far. Being able to jump right back to where I was in a game is awesome

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hearing Brad talk about Horizon made me even more excited for that game.

If it pulls off any part of what it's going for, it'll be amazing

Rest mode is incredible

I only wish it didn't fuck up my time played on witcher

So it seems like to me, if you watch that No Man's Sky video and that footage is exciting to you

You will be very happy with that game when it comes out

I am totally fine with exploring some planets and hanging out with some animals as like, the whole thing

But I think plenty of people are going to get that game and find it BORING AS HELL

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.