As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Elki is witnessing himself.

Aren't we all technically witnessing ourselves at all times?

I ate an engineer
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Goldeneye 007's controls were fine considering the levels were flat as pancakes. You rarely had to look up and down except maybe in multiplayer. Playing 007 with dual analog controls these days might make the game too easy - Perfect Dark on XBLA was definitely easier, Joanna Dark's crosshair whipping about the screen all willy nilly hitting everything she was aiming at.

that's why jaws was unfair, he was so tall you couldn't get a headshot on him

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Also, Far Cry 4 is everything I wanted out of a Far Cry 4 and I'm having fun with it, but there I was this moment that made me want to stab a dude. First of all, fuck flying enemies, they are assholes and everyone knows it. This eagle was hunting for my head, and I was ready. I was gonna nail the stupid bastard with a bow so I just waited for the swoop. I pulled the string when I saw it get ready; locked in on it when it was descending, but I wasn't letting the arrow fly yet. This thing deserved an arrow in the eye from 1 foot away. When it got within about 3 yards of me, my dude went into an automatic "cover-your-face" animation before the eagle hit me. Fuck you, game, I had this. I was ready, and you ruined it.

I am playing Far Cry 4 right now too, and I have to say, I find it HILARIOUS how completely freaked out all humans are by eagles. Like, one shows up and people with guns are like "OH SHIT, EAGLE! WATCH OUT FOR ITS TALONS" and randomly shooting in the air. Meanwhile, civilians with no guns basically just scream their heads off and run around wildly.

I mean, it is inarguably dumb how aggressive the eagles are, but seriously guys, there's a house right there, just go inside for a second.

Meanwhile, they are alarmed but calmer when being attacked by rhinos, which are 1000 times more dangerous. Not to mention shouting stuff like "Watch out for its horn!".

Last night I had this idea that I was gonna take down a rhino with my bow. The plan was to hit in the face, dodge its charge, repeat. This is how it worked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn0nrt_Pu8

I just did this earlier today, and the key is to be in a place the rhino can't reach and shoot it with, I am not joking, like 20 arrows. It takes forever and is really silly.

vRyue2p.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I would even reccommend just installing the dev preview of el Capitan now, since it is pretty stable, but Apple has 100% blocked Java 6 SE from running on it, and I am kind of surprised how many big huge programs (cyber duck, mine craft) still rely on that.

The worst part is that it's going to take a long time for discoveryd to cycle out. It's in use on watch, phone, pad, mac, and TV. They let it infect everything, and every discoveryd device can poison a whole network. I haven't looked to see if it's been pulled from the new iOS too, through you'd expect it would be.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    honestly I loved Fury Road but have no idea how the fuck to even begin using any of those reaction buttons

this is 100% the point of the bonus reactions.

once people start using them in a consistent manner they get taken away

:D

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Also, Far Cry 4 is everything I wanted out of a Far Cry 4 and I'm having fun with it, but there I was this moment that made me want to stab a dude. First of all, fuck flying enemies, they are assholes and everyone knows it. This eagle was hunting for my head, and I was ready. I was gonna nail the stupid bastard with a bow so I just waited for the swoop. I pulled the string when I saw it get ready; locked in on it when it was descending, but I wasn't letting the arrow fly yet. This thing deserved an arrow in the eye from 1 foot away. When it got within about 3 yards of me, my dude went into an automatic "cover-your-face" animation before the eagle hit me. Fuck you, game, I had this. I was ready, and you ruined it.

I am playing Far Cry 4 right now too, and I have to say, I find it HILARIOUS how completely freaked out all humans are by eagles. Like, one shows up and people with guns are like "OH SHIT, EAGLE! WATCH OUT FOR ITS TALONS" and randomly shooting in the air. Meanwhile, civilians with no guns basically just scream their heads off and run around wildly.

I mean, it is inarguably dumb how aggressive the eagles are, but seriously guys, there's a house right there, just go inside for a second.

Meanwhile, they are alarmed but calmer when being attacked by rhinos, which are 1000 times more dangerous. Not to mention shouting stuff like "Watch out for its horn!".

Last night I had this idea that I was gonna take down a rhino with my bow. The plan was to hit in the face, dodge its charge, repeat. This is how it worked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn0nrt_Pu8

I just did this earlier today, and the key is to be in a place the rhino can't reach and shoot it with, I am not joking, like 20 arrows. It takes forever and is really silly.
    i expected a lot more arrows than that

it's a rhino

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    sigh

i want to hang out with people but i don't have any people to hang out with because the only way to find people to hang out with is to hang out with other people

is Mim still in philly?

rRwz9.gif
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    It takes 3 explosive arrows to kill a rhino.

For comparison, it takes 1 explosive arrow to completely destroy a vehicle.

vRyue2p.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Unless you are using exploding Rambo arrows I don't honestly see how bow hunting a rhino doesn't result in a dead hunter.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Goldeneye 007's controls were fine considering the levels were flat as pancakes. You rarely had to look up and down except maybe in multiplayer. Playing 007 with dual analog controls these days might make the game too easy - Perfect Dark on XBLA was definitely easier, Joanna Dark's crosshair whipping about the screen all willy nilly hitting everything she was aiming at.

that's why jaws was unfair, he was so tall you couldn't get a headshot on him

Best solution: Facility, pistols only, License to Kill

Unless you are using exploding Rambo arrows I don't honestly see how bow hunting a rhino doesn't result in a dead hunter.

Bad AI.

vRyue2p.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I would even reccommend just installing the dev preview of el Capitan now, since it is pretty stable, but Apple has 100% blocked Java 6 SE from running on it, and I am kind of surprised how many big huge programs (cyber duck, mine craft) still rely on that.

The worst part is that it's going to take a long time for discoveryd to cycle out. It's in use on watch, phone, pad, mac, and TV. They let it infect everything, and every discoveryd device can poison a whole network. I haven't looked to see if it's been pulled from the new iOS too, through you'd expect it would be.

I am almost 100% positive iOS 9 is on mDNSResponder again. Same with WatchOS 2.0

But the Apple TV is still a fucking time bomb in my house.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    100% of flying enemies are infuriating garbage

the most troll thing ever would be a game of nothing but medusa heads, birds, and flying jetpack ninjas

Why hello there
    ManyCliffRacers.png

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Chem exam went quite well. Couple of bits I couldn't quite remember how to do but think I'm at least a chance of getting an HD.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    wait

you can witness me yourself

wait

wait
    wait

no, only elki can. PROBLEMATIC

Apothe0sis on
    I remember the jetpack space pirates in Metroid Prime 1 & 2 not being terrible, but that might be mostly because of the autotargeting and homing missiles.

vRyue2p.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Mortious wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    100% of flying enemies are infuriating garbage

the most troll thing ever would be a game of nothing but medusa heads, birds, and flying jetpack ninjas

Why hello there
    ManyCliffRacers.png

wtf mort it's not cool to post something like that without a trigger warning you monster

*edit*
    hi5 jeeps

HappylilElf on
    Oh so you guys are actually using exploding arrows to kill rhinos in FC4, disregard my complaint.

I thought you were using actual normal arrows and I was just like "Yeah... no. You would just die and the rhino would be annoyed".

Elendil wrote: »
    sigh

i want to hang out with people but i don't have any people to hang out with because the only way to find people to hang out with is to hang out with other people

is Mim still in philly?
    haven't heard from her in a while

although i guess she hasn't heard from me in a while either

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    wait

wait

wait
    wait

I don't see a problem.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    @Mim YOU ARE SUMMONED

I remember the jetpack space pirates in Metroid Prime 1 & 2 not being terrible, but that might be mostly because of the autotargeting and homing missiles.
    i liked that the charged plasma beam just instantly incinerated them

like, literally incinerated

*waits expectantly*

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    *waits expectantly*

3 times.

In a mirror.

Can I have your stuff?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    wait

wait

wait
    wait

I don't see a problem.

Privilege

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Does it count as a clean kill if you use explosive arrows?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Oh so you guys are actually using exploding arrows to kill rhinos in FC4, disregard my complaint.

I thought you were using actual normal arrows and I was just like "Yeah... no. You would just die and the rhino would be annoyed".

We were mostly talking about normal arrows.

I made one post about exploding arrows, but all the rest of the discussion was about normal arrows.

vRyue2p.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My problem with Far Cry is much the same as my problem with Monster Hunter

I don't want to kill rhinos, or the fantastical equivalent

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    wait

wait

wait
    wait

something i learned in the Tube AMA is being able to react to your own posts is a mod perk

i'm pretty sure i've seen jake react twice on the same post too

what i'm saying is

burn the system down

Does it count as a clean kill if you use explosive arrows?

No. In fact, the one time I killed a rhino that way, the corpse disappeared. That's probably just a bug, though.

vRyue2p.png
    *keeps waiting*

We were mostly talking about normal arrows.

I made one post about exploding arrows, but all the rest of the discussion was about normal arrows.

I see.

Doesn't strike me as realistic but I'm basing that on assumption. Maybe people did actually successfully hunt rhinos with bows. Their hide is just ridiculously thick.

I'm talking real life of course, never played FC.

edited June 2015
    Aioua wrote: »
    *keeps waiting*

(uh she hasn't logged in in a month or posted since feburary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

HappylilElf on
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    *keeps waiting*

(uh she hasn't logged in in a month or posted since feburary)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

He expected the kids to do something funny.
    The kids didn't do anything funny.
    The video was taken down.

It's awkward on one level at most.

My problem with Far Cry is much the same as my problem with Monster Hunter

I don't want to kill rhinos, or the fantastical equivalent

The Far Cry games I've played (3 and part of 4) are definitely problematic in a lot of ways, and this is one of them. Killing exotic-ish animals for the sole purpose of upgrading your equipment is cringey, for sure.

I enjoy the other gameplay so much, though, that I have been overlooking these sorts of issues.

vRyue2p.png
    Speaking of explosive things I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas as a sniper and I stumbled across an AMR by level 10

Explosive .50 ammo for the Anti-Materiel Rifle never gets old

Never

Ever

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

He expected the kids to do something funny.
    The kids didn't do anything funny.
    The video was taken down.

It's awkward on one level at most.

but that whole family interaction

just so

awkward

poo
This discussion has been closed.