As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the frustrating thing about skyrim is that the crafting completely warps the difficulty on both ends

if you don't invest in smithing at all, the game becomes hard as shiiiiiit

but if you invest in smithing, every dragon dies in three hits

i played like 40000 hours of it and i still haven't figured out how to not kill everything in one hit, but also not get cutscene killed by every bandit chief

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I mean, there's also no denying the INTENSELY strong "American stumbles upon a war-torn island and ends up being the SAVIOR of the natives" narrative.

Far Cry 3 was the most egregious for this (I haven't played 1 & 2). You play someone who is essentially a white, rich, frat guy daredevil, with no military training whatsoever (at least that I can recall), and yet somehow you become the saving grace of the native people, who basically induct you into their society and call you a hero. It was really noticeable, and pretty cringey, to be honest.

At least in FC4 you are the son of the man who founded and led the rebel faction. You're still very American, and I'm not sure there's a justification for how you are able to know everything from weapon handling to skinning animals to reprogramming radio towers to broadcast the rebels' message instead of the antagonist's. It's miles better than FC3, though.

The only difference between Ajay Ghale and Jason Brody is Ajay holds a bow and arrow with a brown hand and Jason holds a bow and arrow with a white hand. They're both fish out of water, a thousand miles away from America, and both have weak personalities as they attain godlike status with the locals by performing impossible feats.

One is not squickier than the other. They are of equal squick.

Neither is squick. The opening/tutorial of FC3 was baller as fuck and a lot better than 4 IMO

I disagree with sentence 1. Sentence 2 is objectively correct, though.

vRyue2p.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The frustrating thing about Skyrim combat is that it's Skyrim combat.

I ate an engineer
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    To be clear, I have never purposefully killed an animal with the cognitive ability more than a spider in real life. I have also never fired a gun in my life.

Comparing in-game morality or enjoyment to real life morality or enjoyment is occasionally revealing, but usually ridiculous, IMO.

I have had to put some birds and small fuzzy mammals out of their misery after my cat left them in a bad state.

It's horrible.

Elendil wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    i will murder literally anyone for a daedric artifact

you want me to eat someone for a shitty ring

i've already started

I am always sure to sacrifice that helpful guy in the first village that I always steal my first shitty bow from to Boethiah in order to get that shitty item that I will never end up using

to be fair this is mostly because obtaining all of the Daedric artifact's and then dumping them into a safe in my cellar for being shit amuses me

Especially Molag Bal's mace and Mehrune's dagger thing

suck it you daedric assholes your precious havoc wreaking trinkets are going in the basement with all the other disappointments like those kids I adopted

whaaaat

fargoth? You sacrifice fargoth? but he is a companion trainer. They are like.... super useful.

Wait, is it fargoth or is that the friggin bosmer from Morrowind?

Anyway, don't sacrifice that guy, make him train you in archery, then take all his money back because he is your companion.

Faendal is his name, the Bosmer archery trainer companion in Riverwood. He can also become a steward. Really he is a very poor candidate for sacrificing to Boethia.

If you're collecting all the daedric artifacts the correct sequence is to get Namira's Ring through the cannibal quest and then sacrifice the cannibal freak Namira-worshiping psycho companion to Boethia.
    um why would i do that to my housecarl

She isn't a housecarl?

She's a cannibal?

There is an amusing circularity to sacrificing one daedra worshipper to another daedra for loot?
    i meant steward

she is hireable as a steward! please, maintain my house's food stocks while i am adventuring

i trust you will do whatever is necessary

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also Vaas is one of my favorite villains in the history of video games, and his voice actor deserves a billion awards.

vRyue2p.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    My problem with Far Cry is much the same as my problem with Monster Hunter

I don't want to kill rhinos, or the fantastical equivalent

The Far Cry games I've played (3 and part of 4) are definitely problematic in a lot of ways, and this is one of them. Killing exotic-ish animals for the sole purpose of upgrading your equipment is cringey, for sure.

I enjoy the other gameplay so much, though, that I have been overlooking these sorts of issues.

Yeah, this is why I don't play them. My brother was telling me about FC3 and how much he enjoyed it and then he kind of trailed off and said "Uhm, you wouldn't like it though."

I mean, there's also no denying the INTENSELY strong "American stumbles upon a war-torn island and ends up being the SAVIOR of the natives" narrative.

Far Cry 3 was the most egregious for this (I haven't played 1 & 2). You play someone who is essentially a white, rich, frat guy daredevil, with no military training whatsoever (at least that I can recall), and yet somehow you become the saving grace of the native people, who basically induct you into their society and call you a hero.

ehhhhhh
    That depends on which ending you choose.....

In 3? Sure, although I thought those options were really poorly done and presented, because one is the obvious choice, and the other is completely fucking insane.

But even before the ending, you were basically being worshipped by these people.

I thought the whole thing was a setup. Like...
    I thought that Jason thought he was being worshipped, but that the natives were totally using him and otherwise barely tolerating him being around.

Apart from the one chick, of course, who also just wanted something out of him for her own personal reasons.

Hmm. It is possible I am misremembering, but I got a much different vibe from the game. I mean...
    In the fucking insane ending, you are basically hailed as some sort of incarnation of something-or-other, and the crazylady wants your seed to produce superhero offspring. Clearly SOMETHING about you is valued as being heroic.
    No you're remembering right, but by that time you have almost singlehandedly destroyed all their enemies! I think she's a little cracked herself due to all the deaths and trauma, and maybe she's also baked out of her mind on the same shit they gave you.

And the guards won't even move out of your way until she tells them to. That's not how you treat a hero! I know that's an engine limitation, but I tend to treat the behavior of NPCs as intentional in situations like that.

i wanted to replay dawnguard but all my characters did it already except for the ones at like level 12, and there are some nasty ass polar bears on the way to first mission zone

plus you need to do like half the stupid main plot as a prereq anyway guh

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Now I think I will bed! Night guys!

:)

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The frustrating thing about Skyrim combat is that it's Skyrim combat.

I really like archery

probably too much

I mean I got to the point where I could almost always plant an arrow into a skull from a distance so great the AI broke and couldn't respond to that happening

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    cB557 wrote: »

The Far Cry games I've played (3 and part of 4) are definitely problematic in a lot of ways, and this is one of them. Killing exotic-ish animals for the sole purpose of upgrading your equipment is cringey, for sure.

I enjoy the other gameplay so much, though, that I have been overlooking these sorts of issues.

:eh:
    How many humans have you shot/stabbed/driven over in you video game-playing career?

Humans > rhinos
    I mean
    I'd say killing humans who of their own volition are trying to kill you is less fucked up than you just going out and killing endangered animals who are just minding your business just so you could be killier

Baloney. Rhinos charge in FC4 as soon as you walk up close to them. Sew their hides into wallets and grind their horns into aphrodisiacs.

I don't like killing animals in games in general, even the aggressive ones. I mean, I'll do it but it's not enjoyable. If a game is entirely about that it probably won't be my thing.

One of the things that turned me off of GW2 was the fact that there were hostile mama bears who would attack you and they had adorable little bear cubs with them who would also aggro on you. That's not fun. It's like kick-a-puppy online.

Then there was Nagrand in WoW. God, the dying sounds of the many, many animals that the quests sent you after started to weigh on me after a while.

I'm sure if a video game sent me out to murder hobos or something I would probably just flat out turn the game off. But the human enemies are inevitably not innocent nor are they typically just minding their own business. And of course this is the reason I essentially never play evil characters in the various RPGs that give that option. Whenever I try I typically find my interest in the game rapidly decline (a noteworthy exception is the dark side Consular storyline in SWTOR, here the "evil" path primarily involves making decisions and killing people in a thoroughly pragmatic militaristic way which wouldn't even be considered evil in any other game, and the "good" path revolves around being a derpy jesus figure and redeeming people with your carebear stare powered by your own life force and other silliness).

Also I have the (controversial) opinion that the survival of an entire species outweighs the enrichment of some number of humans. I say "enrichment" rather than survival because typically when it comes to endangered species we aren't talking about human survival, we're talking about building a strip mall or making fake medicine for Chinese people and I frankly give zero fucks about those things and place negative value on them.

We are as one in this.

This is also a major complaint I had with Dragon Age Inquistion.

I spent SOOOOOOOO long killing dogs, wolves and bears. It was just utterly endless. More like: Dragon Age: Fuck the Animalsition.

Of the things I want in a video game, killing lots of dogs is quite low.

And the Inquisitor's battle barks were in full effect as you were bravely stabbing rams, or whatever.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    i will murder literally anyone for a daedric artifact

you want me to eat someone for a shitty ring

i've already started

I am always sure to sacrifice that helpful guy in the first village that I always steal my first shitty bow from to Boethiah in order to get that shitty item that I will never end up using

to be fair this is mostly because obtaining all of the Daedric artifact's and then dumping them into a safe in my cellar for being shit amuses me

Especially Molag Bal's mace and Mehrune's dagger thing

suck it you daedric assholes your precious havoc wreaking trinkets are going in the basement with all the other disappointments like those kids I adopted

whaaaat

fargoth? You sacrifice fargoth? but he is a companion trainer. They are like.... super useful.

Wait, is it fargoth or is that the friggin bosmer from Morrowind?

Anyway, don't sacrifice that guy, make him train you in archery, then take all his money back because he is your companion.

Faendal is his name, the Bosmer archery trainer companion in Riverwood. He can also become a steward. Really he is a very poor candidate for sacrificing to Boethia.

If you're collecting all the daedric artifacts the correct sequence is to get Namira's Ring through the cannibal quest and then sacrifice the cannibal freak Namira-worshiping psycho companion to Boethia.
    um why would i do that to my housecarl

She isn't a housecarl?

She's a cannibal?

There is an amusing circularity to sacrificing one daedra worshipper to another daedra for loot?
    i meant steward

she is hireable as a steward! please, maintain my house's food stocks while i am adventuring

i trust you will do whatever is necessary

Oh, I didn't realize she was a steward. That does change the equation as stewards are useful and there's only so many of them. While you'd be hard pressed to run out of steward candidates, it is equally annoying to build a hearthfire home and then realize that you have no potential stewards available without specifically questing for one or making the housecarl of that house its steward (which I avoid as I'd rather have a steward *and* a housecarl both at a hearthfire home).

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of using Lydia as my companion for most of skyrim. Setes when I ask for something Mrs Deebs sighs and says "I am sworn to carry your burdens"

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I wish I remembered to bring my nyquil

Where you at dahl?

At my friend's house. Sheiks already going to bed though and I am wide awake. And bored.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man the opening to FC3 where they are just a bunch of Frat guys partying is amazing.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I love that in far cry 4 you can just ignore the rebel dude getting tortured, have a nice dinner with the bad guy, and then get on the helicopter and go home and the credits roll

override367 on

Yeah, this is why I don't play them. My brother was telling me about FC3 and how much he enjoyed it and then he kind of trailed off and said "Uhm, you wouldn't like it though."

Far Cry 3 was the most egregious for this (I haven't played 1 & 2). You play someone who is essentially a white, rich, frat guy daredevil, with no military training whatsoever (at least that I can recall), and yet somehow you become the saving grace of the native people, who basically induct you into their society and call you a hero.

ehhhhhh
    That depends on which ending you choose.....

In 3? Sure, although I thought those options were really poorly done and presented, because one is the obvious choice, and the other is completely fucking insane.

But even before the ending, you were basically being worshipped by these people.

I thought the whole thing was a setup. Like...
    I thought that Jason thought he was being worshipped, but that the natives were totally using him and otherwise barely tolerating him being around.

Apart from the one chick, of course, who also just wanted something out of him for her own personal reasons.

Hmm. It is possible I am misremembering, but I got a much different vibe from the game. I mean...
    In the fucking insane ending, you are basically hailed as some sort of incarnation of something-or-other, and the crazylady wants your seed to produce superhero offspring. Clearly SOMETHING about you is valued as being heroic.
    No you're remembering right, but by that time you have almost singlehandedly destroyed all their enemies! I think she's a little cracked herself due to all the deaths and trauma, and maybe she's also baked out of her mind on the same shit they gave you.

And the guards won't even move out of your way until she tells them to. That's not how you treat a hero! I know that's an engine limitation, but I tend to treat the behavior of NPCs as intentional in situations like that.

Actually, I don't disagree that the people have a reason to call you a hero in these games. Certainly your character has performed heroic feats.

I'm mostly taking issue with the main character's background. Like, I get that it's supposed to be fish-out-of-water-y, but frankly that's not reflected in the gameplay at all. You immediately know how to use all the weapons you are presented with, none of the natives treat you differently in a mechanical sense (i.e. you don't have to "earn their trust" to be able to use any of the services), and you for some reason innately know how to skin animals and sew together pouches. I mean fuck, when you climb to the top of your first radio tower, you immediately know that you have to flip these two switches and turn this handle in order to change the broadcasts.

And like, these regions have been in civil war for years, but then Random American Guy shows up and solves everything! P squicky, imo.

vRyue2p.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Also Vaas is one of my favorite villains in the history of video games, and his voice actor deserves a billion awards.

I enjoyed the ride while it lasted; too bad the writers clearly had no idea where to go with that character.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    i wanted to replay dawnguard but all my characters did it already except for the ones at like level 12, and there are some nasty ass polar bears on the way to first mission zone

I finished it once and it was broken and buggy and even though supposedly using the console isn't supposed to cause Steam cheevos to not trigger anymore I'm pretty sure having to console that stupid vampire lady out of of the ground multiple times (and summon her god damn mother) is what kept me from getting the daedric artifact achievement to trigger which was the entire reason I was doing that play through. WHICH I AM TOTALLY NOT STILL SALTY ABOUT AT ALL

Also the random vampire attacks in towns was poorly thought out and resurrecting NPCs/loading previous saves got old super fast.

I just disable the entire thing these days.

HappylilElf on
    I love that in far cry 4 you can just ignore the rebel dude getting tortured, have a nice dinner with the bad guy, and then get on the helicopter and go home and the credits roll

Wait, really? That's fantastic.

vRyue2p.png
    but you aren't the savior in far cry 3, idk about far cry 4

but in far cry 3 you hand the island over to a bunch of religious nutjobs by interfering and there's no indication they're really any better than vaas

which is pretty much how american intervention works yea? We go in and knock over whoever's in charge and go home and leave things just as fucked up or worse + the massive body count involved in getting there

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Far Cry 3 was the most egregious for this (I haven't played 1 & 2). You play someone who is essentially a white, rich, frat guy daredevil, with no military training whatsoever (at least that I can recall), and yet somehow you become the saving grace of the native people, who basically induct you into their society and call you a hero. It was really noticeable, and pretty cringey, to be honest.

At least in FC4 you are the son of the man who founded and led the rebel faction. You're still very American, and I'm not sure there's a justification for how you are able to know everything from weapon handling to skinning animals to reprogramming radio towers to broadcast the rebels' message instead of the antagonist's. It's miles better than FC3, though.

The only difference between Ajay Ghale and Jason Brody is Ajay holds a bow and arrow with a brown hand and Jason holds a bow and arrow with a white hand. They're both fish out of water, a thousand miles away from America, and both have weak personalities as they attain godlike status with the locals by performing impossible feats.

Neither is squick. The opening/tutorial of FC3 was baller as fuck and a lot better than 4 IMO

Nah, dinner with Pagan Minn was classy and I felt underdressed for the occasion.

edited June 2015
    Elki wrote: »

I enjoyed the ride while it lasted; too bad the writers clearly had no idea where to go with that character.

Yes, and your showdown with him is really unsatisfying and stupid.

But god I love his mannerisms and the way he talks.

I mean, listen to this guy. He's amazing. (start at :50 or so)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGmzhVJVVI

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    I also disable vampire attacks. They add absolutely nothing to my gameplay, and I am completely OK with altering Skyrim to my whim. My game is so modded there is no longer a notion of balance or fairness, there is only "what is enjoyable?"

That is the only concern.

I finished it once and it was broken and buggy and even though supposedly using the console isn't supposed to 'cause Steam cheevos to not trigger anymore I'm pretty sure having to console that stupid vampire lady out of of the ground multiple times (and summon her god damn mother) is what kept me from getting the daedric artifact achievement to trigger which was the entire reason I was doing that play through. WHICH I AM TOTALLY NOT STILL SALTY ABOUT AT ALL

Also the random vampire attacks in towns was poorly thought out and resurrecting NPCs/loading previous saves got old super fast.

I just disable the entire thing these days.
    laura bailey waifu tho

my last skyrim game I played as a pacifist smith and scholar who hulks out into werewolf form when threatened and it was pretty enjoyable

I strongly disagree. Being the son of the former leader in a society that clearly puts a lot of stock in tradition means it makes WAY more sense that you would become a hero figure than some trust fund baby who got kidnapped while skydiving. Honestly, I'm not even talking about skin color here.

Don't get me wrong, it is still squicky. But FC3 was way squickier, ESPECIALLY the ending, although granted I am only partway through FC4 so I have no idea if the ending is as FUCKING INSANE as FC3's.

Let's talk again when you finish. We will compare squicks.

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

How many humans have you shot/stabbed/driven over in you video game-playing career?

Humans > rhinos
    I mean
    I'd say killing humans who of their own volition are trying to kill you is less fucked up than you just going out and killing endangered animals who are just minding your business just so you could be killier

Baloney. Rhinos charge in FC4 as soon as you walk up close to them. Sew their hides into wallets and grind their horns into aphrodisiacs.

I don't like killing animals in games in general, even the aggressive ones. I mean, I'll do it but it's not enjoyable. If a game is entirely about that it probably won't be my thing.

One of the things that turned me off of GW2 was the fact that there were hostile mama bears who would attack you and they had adorable little bear cubs with them who would also aggro on you. That's not fun. It's like kick-a-puppy online.

Then there was Nagrand in WoW. God, the dying sounds of the many, many animals that the quests sent you after started to weigh on me after a while.

I'm sure if a video game sent me out to murder hobos or something I would probably just flat out turn the game off. But the human enemies are inevitably not innocent nor are they typically just minding their own business. And of course this is the reason I essentially never play evil characters in the various RPGs that give that option. Whenever I try I typically find my interest in the game rapidly decline (a noteworthy exception is the dark side Consular storyline in SWTOR, here the "evil" path primarily involves making decisions and killing people in a thoroughly pragmatic militaristic way which wouldn't even be considered evil in any other game, and the "good" path revolves around being a derpy jesus figure and redeeming people with your carebear stare powered by your own life force and other silliness).

Also I have the (controversial) opinion that the survival of an entire species outweighs the enrichment of some number of humans. I say "enrichment" rather than survival because typically when it comes to endangered species we aren't talking about human survival, we're talking about building a strip mall or making fake medicine for Chinese people and I frankly give zero fucks about those things and place negative value on them.

This is such a modern, first world urban view of animals. Outside of the most recent history, animals are dangerous beasts that are both innately dangerous and also carry incurable diseases with 100% mortality rates. Even herbivores don't mind their business. If you run across one in rut, they'll kill you on principle. If you get too close to their babies, they'll kill you just in case. And that's before talking about larger carnivores, which just see you as meat. Now, they tend to be scared of humans within reason (because adult humans are actually exceedingly dangerous predators themselves), but the worst slaughter and devour hundreds of humans. And kids often bear the brunt of this, as like any other prey, human children are better targets than adult males. Even today, there are places where if you let your kids play too far from your house, you'll just find whatever the wolves didn't like the taste of.

In the real world, in New York City or wherever, in 2015, killing animals is less necessary, but if you're going to give a video game the benefit of the doubt that "bandits" AKA often impoverished people with a difficult upbringing and limited other economic alternatives, can be cut down like so much wheat before a sickle, than it seems weird to not extend that same benefit of the doubt to killing dangerous large animals.

programjunkie on
    edited June 2015
    fc3's squicky ending is the one you take if you're a psychopath

the other ending is just cliche

override367 on
    edited June 2015
    I don't feel bad killing animals in any game where they make up a significant portion of "things that will kill me"

and in FC3 I sure as shit died to teeth and claws a few times

but like, I felt bad for a minute after running over a dog in gta, a game where I murder hundreds of people

override367 on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I would need much more than $20,000 to kill a panda bear or other intelligent mammal. If maybe consider it for $100k. Probably not.

Would you kill a panda if you got whatever your favorite house that you were looking at was, for free? Just handed you the deed over its dead panda body?

my last skyrim game I played as a pacifist smith and scholar who hulks out into werewolf form when threatened and it was pretty enjoyable
    one of my playthroughs was one where i used like, a steel knife, a forsworn bow, and wore the skaal set and just went full werewolf

it was pretty neat, though hard to actually level since i only really used sneak when in human form

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jesus DAT CATCH

@BeNarwhal

I don't feel bad killing animals in any game where they make up a significant portion of "things that will kill me"

but like, I felt bad for a minute after running over a dog in gta, a game where I murder hundreds of people

How do you feel about taking a flamethrower to a honey badger?

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would need much more than $20,000 to kill a panda bear or other intelligent mammal. If maybe consider it for $100k. Probably not.

Would you kill a panda if you got whatever your favorite house that you were looking at was, for free? Just handed you the deed over its dead panda body?

Yes.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    But not a cat. I'd probably kill a person before a cat.

edited June 2015

Wait, really? That's fantastic.

Yeah he leads your tour guide off and says, "just wait here for me, I'll be back in like 10 minutes, enjoy your crab rangoon"

and you hear screaming for like 10 minutes, then 5 minutes after that he comes back in and is like "well, now that that unpleasantness is out of the way, let me tell you about your mother and sister" and he takes you to your sister's grave and you leave your mother's ashes and get on the chopper with him and he says come back any time and sends you home

override367 on
    I have heard of adjuncts who get a big enough load to teach four classes a semester so maybe they're equivalent to full time

but they still dont get benefits and can be dropped like a bad hat at a moment's notice

horrible free market solution

Humans > rhinos
    I mean

This is such a modern, first world urban view of animals. Outside of the most recent history, animals are dangerous beasts that are both innately dangerous and also carry incurable diseases with 100% mortality rates. Even herbivores don't mind their business. If you run across one in rut, they'll kill you on principle. If you get too close to their babies, they'll kill you just in case. And that's before talking about larger carnivores, which just see you as meat. Now, they tend to be scared of humans within reason (because adult humans are actually exceedingly dangerous predators themselves), but the worst slaughter and devour hundreds of humans. And kids often bear the brunt of this, as like any other prey, human children are better targets than adult males. Even today, there are places where if you let your kids play too far from your house, you'll just find whatever the wolves didn't like the taste of.

In the real world, in New York City or wherever, in 2015, killing animals is less necessary, but if you're going to give a video game the benefit of the doubt that "bandits" AKA often impoverished people with a difficult upbringing and limited other economic alternatives, can be cut down like so much wheat before a sickle, than it seems weird to not extend that same benefit of the doubt to killing dangerous large animals.

It's a modern first world view, and yes, I suppose it is an urban view as well. Now that I have lived in rural America I can attest that there is a major disconnect between how I feel about animals (including, and especially pets) compared to how people around here feel.

But what of it?

We're discussing our own enjoyment in video games, and we have specifically discarded the idea that there's any moral considerations because these are just video game animals not real animals.

I am not such a method-actor-gamer that when I play WoW I adopt the mindset of a fantasy medieval adventurer. It's still me here controlling my avatar and *I* get upset from dying animal sounds.

How do you feel about taking a flamethrower to a honey badger?

before or after the honey badger kills me and then takes the flamethrower

there was also my alteration armor/dual bound swords vampire playthrough, my uber-shout ice vampire ninja, and the very best, my shirtless argonian vampire boxer

is he a vampire who boxes, or a boxer who boxes vampires

yes

This discussion has been closed.