As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    puppies went drinking with work bros. after i got off work (which was shit- a few teens stole some stuff and one of my coworkers tried to restrain them which is a huge no no so i had to talk to the cops, email store management etc) i went to boulder to pick him up

he is drunker than i've ever seen him

i took a 90 degree turn at like 25? and his body just whipped every which way like a baby with no neck muscles

is amazing

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If a time traveller avails of his temporal abuse to play the stock market, is he guilty of insider trading?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    This latest Extra Credits series on the Social Learning Curve is both fascinating and depressing, as I realize that I as a player do none of the things they talk about and am forced to conclude I'm super-antisocial when gaming. For example, in the newest video, they explicitly state that their theoretical player has reached the point where "she's begun to spam party invites to other players around her level to get help when she hits a big challenge."

I could not even have conceived of doing this, it sounds incredibly rude to me. What kind of asshole spams party invites to strangers? They don't know you, why do they give a shit what you're having trouble with, stop being annoying to them.

However, then I pause, and think, wait; is this what you're supposed to do? Is it normal behavior? Is my attitude the anomaly, because generally I find these cats pretty spot-on in their analysis of game design.

Hrm.

No, it's absolutely rude.

If you need help with something craft a polite message asking for help with X if they aren't in the middle of something. Feel free to highlight that message and then to a ctrl+c so you don't have to keep typing it out.

Send it out to randoms until you get the party you need. This will get you a few nasty replies for sure, because some people are total assholes, but it will also get you the help you need.

I've helped a lot of random people out with things in MMOs because they asked nicely and hey sure why not I'm not int he middle of something.

But you send me a random party invite out of the blue? Nope. I'm not even going to acknowledge it. I don't know what you need help with which means I don't know what kind of time investment I'm looking at and if I take it and then drop upon finding out I'm person 7 of 15 that you need to get something done, something that might take a serious chunk of time to get done so I drop, I then get to deal with potentially a half dozen people annoyed at me for doing nothing other than accepting a random invite.

Ask. Always ask.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Sabermau was real good at edits.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    puppies went drinking with work bros. after i got off work (which was shit- a few teens stole some stuff and one of my coworkers tried to restrain them which is a huge no no so i had to talk to the cops, email store management etc) i went to boulder to pick him up

i took a 90 degree turn at like 25? and his body just whipped every which way like a baby with no neck muscles

is amazing

did you take the least direct and most winding route home as a result?

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Before she stormed to her room she threw a dagger about how she makes more money than me.

Literally everyone who makes money makes more than me. insult is weak.

This is one of the stranger threads of conversation I've seen here.

Wait, not really, but I feel like... I feel like I've done this one?

I want to know -all- about this shit.

Are you me?

Well I'm black. So. . .

Looks like we must engage in mortal c(K)ombat, the outcome of which will determine who takes the other's soul and their power.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Ah, here we go

boddah edits

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    my girlfriend is the best <3

fuck gendered marketing
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    if

Changed to fates and is a year away : (

if is dead to me : (

Apothe0sis wrote: »

is amazing

i didn't but i did curse some because some asshole in a hummer must have had the most aftermarket, literally-sear-my-retinas-like-ahi-tuna-steaks high beams constantly on

i wanted to blow up his car

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

is amazing

i didn't but i did curse some because some asshole in a hummer must have had the most aftermarket, literally-sear-my-retinas-like-ahi-tuna-steaks high beams constantly on

i wanted to blow up his car

Likely just fucked up the installation and set the normal headlamps to a different angle.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Gim wrote: »
    Ah, here we go

boddah edits

I got a commercial slide, and my mind spent a minute trying to process it as a PA comic, and almost exploded.

0baa296551d8e1b5d138452b4ebde894.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    This latest Extra Credits series on the Social Learning Curve is both fascinating and depressing, as I realize that I as a player do none of the things they talk about and am forced to conclude I'm super-antisocial when gaming. For example, in the newest video, they explicitly state that their theoretical player has reached the point where "she's begun to spam party invites to other players around her level to get help when she hits a big challenge."

I could not even have conceived of doing this, it sounds incredibly rude to me. What kind of asshole spams party invites to strangers? They don't know you, why do they give a shit what you're having trouble with, stop being annoying to them.

However, then I pause, and think, wait; is this what you're supposed to do? Is it normal behavior? Is my attitude the anomaly, because generally I find these cats pretty spot-on in their analysis of game design.

Hrm.

No, it's absolutely rude.

If you need help with something craft a polite message asking for help with X if they aren't in the middle of something. Feel free to highlight that message and then to a ctrl+c so you don't have to keep typing it out.

Send it out to randoms until you get the party you need. This will get you a few nasty replies for sure, because some people are total assholes, but it will also get you the help you need.

I've helped a lot of random people out with things in MMOs because they asked nicely and hey sure why not I'm not int he middle of something.

But you send me a random party invite out of the blue? Nope. I'm not even going to acknowledge it. I don't know what you need help with which means I don't know what kind of time investment I'm looking at and if I take it and then drop upon finding out I'm person 7 of 15 that you need to get something done, something that might take a serious chunk of time to get done so I drop, I then get to deal with potentially a half dozen people annoyed at me for doing nothing other than accepting a random invite.

Ask. Always ask.

girl tho

as someone whose handle sounds plausibly female, esp in europe (apparently), sometimes you get an interesting amount of enthusiastic help. a random party invite out of the blue (balls)

aRkpc.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Whoa, I don't even remember Sabermau.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeAQo9NzvE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxKhLjDT2k

And many others, video and picture-wise.

He stopped posting on the boards a while back but I guess he's doing alright.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh wow the 100% "true" ending to Arkham Knight is NOT worth the trouble.

Its 10 seconds longer then the normal ending and makes zero sense.

Is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

That would be better then the actual thing.

Welcome to the future, where we'll just release a better ending as DLC 6 months from the time you wanted a good ending.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    what sort of ending is good for a batman game

Great work Batman, you saved Gotham, have a parade!
    and they lived happily ever after

Dark Knight Rises' ending was pretty good in that regard, even if you don't like how we got there.

No, no...

The proper ending to a Batman anything is just the last, like... 15 seconds of Batman '89.

Just that scroll up the building, same music, everything.

I mean, I guess no Kim Basinger, but I think my time estimation handles that.

No, no...

The proper ending to a Batman anything is just the last, like... 15 seconds of Batman '89.

Last 30 seconds of Mask of the Phantasm is better because music is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwhBeqCygg

Bruce Wayne moves to a nice city. The game ends on a freeze frame as he's walking down a sidewalk downtown carrying a bunch of bags while he's on a shopping spree.

Roll credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZI36Kz4Ls

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Gim is a national treasure.

Maybe Commisioner Gordon bakes Batman a cake, like in Mario

edited June 2015
    Batman leaves Damian Wayne with a gem, then goes off to be defeated by his enemies.

Damian turns into Batman. Literally.

Destruction pays a visit and gives him advice.

RMS Oceanic on
    "How did I do Commissioner Gordon sir"!

"You were truly an Arkham Knight."

Apo, you're not allowed to take Gim to the land of marsupials and omg-that-was-a-spider?!-it-was-the-size-of-a-mini-cooper

:P

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @elldren,

If you haven't picked up Shattered Sword yet, you really should.

Apo, you're not allowed to take Gim to the land of marsupials and omg-that-was-a-spider?!-it-was-the-size-of-a-mini-cooper

I died as I lived; comparing arthropods to automobiles.

I'm not? Was that a live option?

That would have been great!

I should read Sandman again.

Somebody send it to me!

looking for some guidance on medical insurance, y'all @Deebaser @skippydumptruck @Eddy @Casual Eddy @Powerpuppies

so i have four options- two HSAs, a ppo w/ incentive account, and an HMO

the HSAs are both cheap (6 and 9 dollars per week), the PPO is 21 dollars per week and the HMO is 32 dollars per week

they all have roughly similar numbers for post deductible treatment (20% coinsurance rate for almost everything, so insurance will cover 80% of everything past the deductible. preventative is free)

given the general pros and cons i'm seeing i'm ready to eliminate the HMO from contention (highest premium, very strict about what providers i can use, no real benefit i can see except lowest deductible of $500)

all of them offer free preventative care (annual physical, i guess?) and they all use an identical RX plan

here are the major differences:

deductibles: hsa 1 is $2,500, hsa 2 is $1,500, ppo is $850

hsa 1 has the lowest oop max (3k), the other two have the same (4k)

with the ppo my deductible counts towards the oop limit (this doesn't seem to be the case with either of the HSAs)

with the HSAs all non-preventive prescriptions are subject to the deductible. this seems like a p big deal because since i have a non-preventive medication like that (adderall), i'd have to pay that out of pocket (or from my health incentive fund/hsa fund) entirely up to the deductible before the R would kick in. with the PPO the deductible is not considered for RX.

so hsa 1 is $312 a year, hsa 2 is $468 a year, ppo is $1,092 a year

assume i hit two of my two health goals, that gives me $200 in my incentive accounts. for either of the HSA plans my company will match the first $250 in contributions at 1:1. so if i contribute that much, my hsa accounts would have $750 and my ppo would have $200. making those contributions would bring my hsa costs to $562 and $718, respectively. it would also lower my tax burden, tho.

idk how much medical treatment i'll need for the rest of the year. nothign i can think of? i think my only big, predictable expense is the adderall ($5 per month for generic on ppo, varying prices if i have to meet deductible before coverage- say $60 is a fair guess for generic from googling?)

so that's $55 more per month assuming i don't have to spend anything to meet my deductible, and i definitely wouldn't hit either hsa deductible just from adderall... even with a few doctor visits (or monthly check-ins for prescriptions) it might be close... but also i have $250 of free money in the HSAs if i contribute so i guess effectively my deductible is lower

fk idk this is hard

Joker's threat is removed forever, but he's tied up in legal action so he'll probably never be punished. The damage Batman endured due to Joker laughing gas and fear toxin and Venom has taken its toll and it looks like he may take the easy way out...

"One percent!"

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Disgust against play intentions eternal-return sea play. Faithful virtues play will virtues dead victorious decrepit madness. Eternal-return depths deceptions inexpedient passion. Ocean ideal endless pinnacle sexuality virtues sea sea fearful evil. Snare enlightenment suicide derive christian christian deceptions value society ultimate. Deceptions enlightenment ascetic society intentions reason transvaluation war chaos suicide fearful superiority hatred ultimate. Moral derive value christian truth zarathustra enlightenment transvaluation endless hope philosophy pious insofar justice. Good marvelous ascetic right moral superiority aversion will free virtues. Endless ubermensch free enlightenment spirit hatred. Suicide against battle merciful snare ultimate selfish convictions merciful noble merciful zarathustra. Decieve transvaluation christian good marvelous play good merciful. Snare snare against salvation hope disgust zarathustra gains. Philosophy horror faith ultimate ultimate. Depths will reason will derive ubermensch virtues hatred. Grandeur ascetic god spirit hope law contradict law against noble horror strong inexpedient. Superiority madness inexpedient pious faithful disgust god gains sea faith. Strong.

edited June 2015
    No, no...

Last 30 seconds of Mask of the Phantasm is better because music is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJwhBeqCygg

Disagree.

That's basically a riff on/rework of the music from the end of Batman89, and not as good.

Hm. Hm, yes. Opinions.

EDIT: Let me clarify- it's not as triumphant as the music in '89. Still really good, tho.

FroThulhu on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Do I want to play Arkham Asylum on PC or the 360? Is the PC version markedly better?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    If by 'better,' you mean 'fundamentally broken,' then yeah, totes.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Do I want to play Arkham Asylum on PC or the 360? Is the PC version markedly better?

Only played it on the 360. It's very good indeed.

He said Arkham Asylum, not Knight.

I know if you have a crazy-good computer the PC version has extra visual doodads like interactive smoke and stuff, but it plays just fine on the 360.

This discussion has been closed.