As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Do I want to play Arkham Asylum on PC or the 360? Is the PC version markedly better?

Doesnt matter, PC has some extra Phys X stuff but its all just window dressing

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Do I want to play Arkham Asylum on PC or the 360? Is the PC version markedly better?

what about achievements ekli?

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

what about achievements ekli?

Oh God, you're right. How many achievements did I pass up on by playing Fallout 3 on PC? And it still looked no better.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Fallout 3 is my 1# game on Trueachievemnts by a pretty wide margin because of all the DLC and such

so many boops were lost

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I need cuddles stat

fuck gendered marketing
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    :whistle: This is my least favorite life
    The one where I'm out of my mind
    The one where you're just out of reach
    The one where I stand and you fly

I'm wandering in the shade
    And the rustle of fallen leaves
    A bird on the edge of a blade
    Lost now forever, my love, in a sweet memory
    :whistle:

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I need cuddles stat

Airdropping 15 crates of Hug-Grade e-Cuddles

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    My highest game on TA is Gears of War 3. Over three thousand TA points.

Man I loved GoW multiplayer.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I need cuddles stat

Your cuddles are 78% effective and only 15% of them are awkward. Those are your cuddle stats.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    holy shit, has this ever happened before re: arkham knight on pc

Joker gives a long Killing Joke style monologue about his superiority to Batman and offers him a chance to join.

Batman: "Nah." *Shoots Joker*

*Meanwhile, at Star Labs in Metropolis*

Nightwing: Batman's regained control of Gotham, so we're going to return. Barbara's been acting strangely.

Barbara: Dick? What's the matter, "lover"? Don't you like my new look? *Hamill laugh*

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    dang

it's always sad looking up games i play on the PA forums to see if anyone else here plays them only to find long-decomposed husks of threads, left to quietly rot in graves of neglect

Organichu wrote: »

There were a few crappy early access games Steam unilaterally refunded, but nothing on this scale.

I am now remembering Cuddles the monkey, orange ventriloquists dummy of Keith Harris, and notorious hater of Orville the duck, Harris's other, more well known dummy. Orville was green, wore a nappy, and often opined that he wished he could fly, right up to the sky. The catchphrase of Cuddles was slightly more direct: "I hate that duck".

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Fallout 3 is my 1# game on Trueachievemnts by a pretty wide margin because of all the DLC and such

so many boops were lost

I did the same thing. All the DLC, all the missions. I think the last two DLC were the best ones, one a fantastic continuation of the main story, and the other one a really good new area to explore.

Apropos of nothing, something I really like about the first inFamous game:
    All throughout the first and second acts, Zeke is showing envy at your powers, and it's really hinting at a Lance Vance Dance type backstab. And yet, when the moment finally comes, it's portrayed sympathetically. Zeke succumbs in a moment of fear, desperation and weakness, and I think the game does a good job of showing his regretting it for the rest of the game.

And something I don't like:
    The moral choice structure cheating so you cannot save Trish. If you wanted to write her out in either case, have her be disgusted you let those doctors die and finally break off contact with you.

Bogart wrote: »

I really liked the Horde Mode in 3 but I could never get a group together.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-escalating-brutality-in-videos-is-terrorist-clickbait/

Something about the phrase "terrorist clickbait" makes me laugh very inappropriately.
    “It’s terrorist clickbait,” says Horgan. “And they know we’ll walk right into it, time and time again.”

But while ISIS releases these videos with a mind to please its many followers, their horror-film approach could backfire with anyone they’re hoping to recruit.

Arie Kruglanski, a psychology professor at the University of Maryland, College, Park, noted that ISIS’ punitive videos put the group on ideologically shaky ground among some Islamic militants. In a recent research project, Kruglanski says he examined the perceptions militants held of ISIS, al-Qaeda and Jemmah Islamiyah, a Southeast Asian terror group. While al-Qaeda was viewed as adhering to Islamic doctrine, those studied perceived ISIS to be powerful and cruel, but less devout Muslims.

“The brutalities of ISIS could backfire and they could be perceived as espousing a flawed impure ideology that is contrary to the teachings of Islam,” Kruglanski tells Vocativ. “This is a potential weakness and should be used in counter-radicalization and in counter-messaging against them.”

I really liked the Horde Mode in 3 but I could never get a group together.

I played with randos most of the time, but I had one guy I'd play regularly with. Randos were never too bad. Sometimes one or two would drop and then you might as well quit, but more than once I got to level fifty with a group of total strangers. Did the coop campaign on the hardest difficulty mostly that way as well.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I want to know where Arie Kruglanski gets his dataset from

aRkpc.gif
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Not with an AAA title.

There was a cricket game once that reviewed so badly that the game was "cancelled" after it was already released.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Echo wrote: »
    http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-escalating-brutality-in-videos-is-terrorist-clickbait/

Something about the phrase "terrorist clickbait" makes me laugh very inappropriately

5 Most Gruesome Beheadings You Won't Believe

fuck gendered marketing
    what happened with arkham knight?

fuck gendered marketing

it is apparently a p gud game but the pc release was so poorly optimized and designed that they legit just, pulled sales. it's no longer for sale on pc. ostensibly they'll be working on it and rereleasing.

PC version is buggy as all hell, so WB suspended Steam sales of it so they could address it.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

so broken on PC Warner Bros Games stopped selling that version

Steam is refunding whoever wants to

I assume they're gonna fix it but right now it's pretty fucked

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Sounds like UnitAss levels of fail

It seems spotty tho ManVsGame on twitch is playing it right now and it seems ok.

They've actually withdrawn Arkham Knight from sale? Oh dear.

Master race lol.

Master race lol.

PC port was farmed out to Iron Galaxy I assume they said it wasn't ready and WB said NOPE LOL SHIP IT

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, something I really like about the first inFamous game:
    All throughout the first and second acts, Zeke is showing envy at your powers, and it's really hinting at a Lance Vance Dance type backstab. And yet, when the moment finally comes, it's portrayed sympathetically. Zeke succumbs in a moment of fear, desperation and weakness, and I think the game does a good job of showing his regretting it for the rest of the game.

And something I don't like:
    The moral choice structure cheating so you cannot save Trish. If you wanted to write her out in either case, have her be disgusted you let those doctors die and finally break off contact with you.

I enjoyed inFamous (really? That's how it's spelled?) tremendously, but yeah, when I played it through the second time, that part really really turned me off.

I'm actually not sure if I even kept playing, I might have stopped there.

vRyue2p.png

Master race lol.

so help me god i will send a school (gaggle?) of fedoras to your house to talk to you about how we should spend more on nasa than welfare or unemployment insurance

The only solution is to develop for a single platform.

I nominate Ouya.

Master race lol.

so help me god i will send a school (gaggle?) of fedoras to your house to talk to you about how we should spend more on nasa than welfare or unemployment insurance

It's a 'failure' of fedoras.

Master race lol.

No, it's an "actually" of fedoras.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Huh. So WotC got the Harry Potter license and developed a d20 game for it. Then J.K. Rowling shot it down. Someone get her a medal.

@jacobkosh

Master race lol.

Actually, it's an "actually" of fedoras.

Thomamelas wrote: »
    Huh. So WotC got the Harry Potter license and developed a d20 game for it. Then J.K. Rowling shot it down. Someone get her a medal.

jacobkosh

I saw a custom Harry Potter setting where most spells basically required a spellcraft check.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Like if I were to home brew a Harry Potter game, I just can't find myself believing I'd use d20 for it. It just seems like I'd be ripping a massive amount of guts out to make stuff work.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I choose AvaKedavra as my starting spell

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.