As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Unexpectedly enough I ended up spending the latter half of the night comforting a guy I'd just met who was in a bad state of mind over Xbox live. How is everyone?

You're a great guy for doing that, dude.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Eh. Does any system really do a better job of that kind of thing?

For big dramatic things like that you just have to step outside the mechanics, I think. The assassin kills the king, no rolls required. The king is wearing plate armour underneath his robes, and the blade only wounds him. The king is a dual-wielding secret jedi NPC controlled by the GM and if you roll your eyes the GM will kill your character.

Wouldn't coup de grace apply in this situation anyhow?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Why's there a German flag on the NASA plane?
    In other news: Hello!

It's a join project.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    zTmfZNX.jpg

The closed eyes freaked me out for a bit because I mistook it for no eyes

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    AV2vx5Dl.jpg

Big doofy dogs are the best.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    150625_1435213054.png

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    According to wiki of the 18 still in serv

Joint project with DLR

hence the DLR emblem on the tail next to the NASA one

fuck gendered marketing
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Like if I were to home brew a Harry Potter game, I just can't find myself believing I'd use d20 for it. It just seems like I'd be ripping a massive amount of guts out to make stuff work.

Plus Harry Potter just screams for more narrative mechanics than d20 as a system as on offer

Suddenly, an assassin appears from the shadow, leaping at the king, dagger held high

it does 1d4 damage

King gets slightly annoyed

The king only had 1hp, as he has come from a tough day adventuring and had no healing resources left

You couldn't tell because there's functionally no difference between full hp and 1 hp

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    SanderJK wrote: »

I also noted the spelling of 'Sofia' which is pretty uncommon in English.

In true NASA fashion SOFIA is actually an acronym

fuck gendered marketing

Joint project with DLR

18 of what?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yesterday was bring a stuffed friend to school day for kiddoraor they hung out and watched a movie. Ladyroar asked him to make a funny face for her to test out her new camera lens.

1545166_10204705699586254_6486781098481136051_n.jpg?oh=a33d9d237b9907b1a7524460ee2bc710&oe=562621DE

19396_10204705699786259_8244868364886821749_n.jpg?oh=d359ea5e7889be7ae149268d1c6b131c&oe=562CF433

bloodyroarxx on
    Yesterday was bring a stuffed friend to school day for kiddoraor they hung out and watched a movie. Ladyroar asked him to make a funny face for her to test out her new camera lens.

1545166_10204705699586254_6486781098481136051_n.jpg?oh=a33d9d237b9907b1a7524460ee2bc710&oe=562621DE

Stuffed Cap. Good taste.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Joint project with DLR

Noone has ever called me perceptive...

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Rose McGowan apparently fired by her agents for the crime of tweeting something about the requirements of auditioning for an Adam Sandler movie.

on one hand, a successful actress standing up against wussy agents is great. she doesn't have to take it, and shouldn't

on the other hand, not telling 17 year old would-be starlets that they're getting roles based on how much men find them sexually attractive is probably misrepresenting the state of film to them

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Just got a call from mental health services. Apparently I've finally got an appointment... Some time in August/Sept. The doctor had the balls to say "I know you've been waiting a while..."

I guess 2 years is 'a while' now!

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant

Joint project with DLR

18 of what?

oh, 747SPs

most are used by ME govts for some reason

also crashed and didn't realize draft had saved

fuck gendered marketing
    https://youtu.be/IW11oYZ6KyI

This was not a very through pre-flight check.

I showed this to my cat and she was jealous

fuck gendered marketing

Joint project with DLR

18 of what?

oh, 747SPs

most are used by ME govts for some reason

also crashed and didn't realize draft had saved

My guess is that even ME governments have an upper limit for decorating flying limos.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That video is pretty amazing.
    Another poster noticed that the cat is actually in between a double wing, which explains why it wasn't spotted

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK

I showed this to my cat and she was jealous

Pretty sure she wouldn't feel that way if she woke up to that.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Rose McGowan apparently fired by her agents for the crime of tweeting something about the requirements of auditioning for an Adam Sandler movie.

I'm most shocked by how tame what she was asked to do was.

ronya wrote: »

on one hand, a successful actress standing up against wussy agents is great. she doesn't have to take it, and shouldn't

on the other hand, not telling 17 year old would-be starlets that they're getting roles based on how much men find them sexually attractive is probably misrepresenting the state of film to them

She is lamenting that state

It's a p terrible state

fuck gendered marketing
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the guy's double take game is perf

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

It's a p terrible state

I'll never get over Transformers 4 and its "so hey this girl is under-age but I have this handy card in my wallet stating why it's OK for me to bang her!"

Like, would it have hurt to make her 18+?

shryke wrote: »

I'm most shocked by how tame what she was asked to do was.

Adam Sandler is even half-assing his sexual harassment these days.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    That cat does not give a fuck

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Was curious about the card Echo mentioned, so checked the film wiki. Didn't find out what it was but this was worth the trip.
    Transformium, the metal that the Transformers are composed of.

omg

It's a p terrible state

I'll never get over Transformers 4 and its "so hey this girl is under-age but I have this handy card in my wallet stating why it's OK for me to bang her!"

it opened in hong kong before it opened in the US

perhaps that is indicative of the intended market

aRkpc.gif

It's a p terrible state

I... what?

fuck gendered marketing
    Black bears aren't the bravest members of the bear family.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    so transformers 4 is an anime

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    but yeah I never saw Transformers 4

...? is my reaction too

aRkpc.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was also confused by the name of the triceratops dinobot in the movie summary. Slug? That wasn't its original name. Now what was it, and why on Earth would they change it?
    Slag - The second-in-command. Transforms into a Triceratops.

Oh now I remember.

If you ever encounter a black bear and it attacks, then fight back. If you encounter a brown bear, do not fight back, those fuckers will kill you.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I was also confused by the name of the triceratops dinobot in the movie summary. Slug? That wasn't its original name. Now what was it, and why on Earth would they change it?
    Slag - The second-in-command. Transforms into a Triceratops.

Oh now I remember.

HAH

gotta think global

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    but yeah I never saw Transformers 4

...? is my reaction too

I went to see the first transformers film. It was so awful that I'm impressed they have managed to fund three more

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Transformers 4 has like 18 seconds of Dinobots.

90 minutes into the movie I expressed my dismay at still having one goddamn hour left of it.

This discussion has been closed.