As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lookouts RPG?

SailingPirateRyanSailingPirateRyan Registered User new member
Did this ever happen? I'd heard talk of a hybrid RPG/board game from Cryptozoic several years ago, but all I see today is a comic book from them.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    If I recall correctly, the board game was done, but it was EXPENSIVE AS HELL. So they're going to do the Thornwatch game first and see how it does, before committing to any of the higher end luxury items that could be attached to this IP.

But I can't remember sources for any of this, so there's a very good chance I'm completely full of crap.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    SailingPirateRyanSailingPirateRyan Registered User new member
    Hmm... damn. I was hoping there was some kind of "setting book" that I could use as the basis for a 5e D&D adventure that I want to run for my 9 & 10 year-old niece and nephew. It's the perfect setting for a "D&D Junior" game, IMO. Thanks for the info!

• Options
    notausernotauser Registered User new member
    What RPG game would you strongly suggest to play for kids?

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Homebrew it!
    I suggest BRP.
    But I only say this because I have an edition of Call of Cthulhu BRP and dislike having to slog through byzantine labyrinths of text to get a workable system.
    I just wonder how you handle a grim setting where the establishment doesn't particularly mind if little Timmy or Tommy happens to get eaten by a basilisk or whatever.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Tinkles detected banned alias
    Reason: alexsmith84

Human beings, viewed as behaving systems, are quite simple.
    cook90

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Homebrew it as a dnd homebrew. make up stats for each of the lookouts (not too high except leader) and off you go.