As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MechWarrior Online] Marauder announcement lands critical hit on wallets.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Padre is the best at dying

fixd

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    How do you set one weapon group to group fire and a different group to chain fire?

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Padre is the best at dying heroically.

The "YOLO headfirst-dive into the enemy team" is like Plan B on the Oosik Flowchart.

Some of us have elevated that maneuver to an art form.

Not me, though. I'm more of the "derp into enemy team, get uselessly murdered" level of Oosik player.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    How do you set one weapon group to group fire and a different group to chain fire?
    Select the weapon group with the arrow keys and press the button for toggling fire mode.

Mine is backslash, but I'm 90% sure I remapped it to backslash to match the controls from MWLL.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Padre is the best at dying heroically.

More the first part than the last

kx3klFE.png
    edited June 2015
    Select the weapon group with the arrow keys and press the button for toggling fire mode.

Mine is backslash, but I'm 90% sure I remapped it to backslash to match the controls from MWLL.

Backspace is default to toggle chainfire

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    I am mildly irritated with gauss rifles atm.

I was in my Grid Iron earlier, trying to grind out some XP and Cbills solo.

Still had full armor on my hunch, but got hit by one shot in the hunch. Thought nothing about it..then like 5 seconds later, my mech falls over dead.

Engine destroyed by weapon explosion.

I rage alt-f4'd.

• nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    That is still one of the most annoying things in the game. Damage shouldn't crit through your armor, let alone for full damage. I can't believe you can have 9.99 armor on your ST, and an AC10/PPC can get a 3x10 crit for 30 damage. Gauss and AC20's will drill through 15/20 armor and can crit for up to 45/60 damage. You will probably instantly lose a weapon if you've got one in there. Rear armor is really only useful for absorbing unfocused laser fire and cock-blocking machine guns. The difference between 8 and 20 points of armor is nearly meaningless.

Ammo/weapon explosions only add to the "fun" of instant kill randomness. Just try to focus on the fact you won the game over lottery one time and probably won't see than happen again for a whole month.

nonoffensive on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Still had full armor on my hunch, but got hit by one shot in the hunch. Thought nothing about it..then like 5 seconds later, my mech falls over dead.

I rage alt-f4'd.

This is nothing compared to the frustration of a gauss explosion killing you due to XL destruction... when the gauss rifle is in your arm.

Gaslight on
    Gaslight wrote: »

I rage alt-f4'd.

This is nothing compared to the frustration of a gauss explosion killing you due to XL destruction... when the gauss rifle is in your arm.

I've had that happen before, too.

edited June 2015
    So I realized yesterday that I had never finished eliting my Centurion AL. I ground up to Speed Tweak, got that first (naturally), and then... forgot to ever spend any XP on it again. So I didn't have the other Elite proficiencies on it unlocked, which of course means that (and this is maybe more important) I wasn't getting the x2 bonus on the Basics. With that issue resolved my feelings for this 'mech have gone from fondness to passion. It's so underappreciated, too!

Screenshot of work gettin' done:
    wP9DpeS.jpg

Build

Gaslight on
    Pretty much my build, but I run a 260 and 3 more heatsinks.

• nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    So I realized yesterday that I had never finished eliting my Centurion AL. I ground up to Speed Tweak, got that first (naturally), and then... forgot to ever spend any XP on it again. So I didn't have the other Elite proficiencies on it unlocked, which of course means that (and this is maybe more important) I wasn't getting the x2 bonus on the Basics. With that issue resolved my feelings for this 'mech have gone from fondness to passion. It's so underappreciated, too!

Screenshot of work gettin' done:
    wP9DpeS.jpg

Build

I've been running around with this in CW lately, and I like it better than the Thunderbolt 5S, especially when you are down to just a CT. Two lasers in the arm make it way nastier for lights, and taking down UAVs is easy. Then a streakcrow shows up :(

edited June 2015

Man, do you really feel like you need them? I can alpha five times in a row as fast as the lasers cycle on a heat-neutral map, doesn't overheat until the sixth salvo. And I keep the arm lasers on LMB and the torso laser on RMB, so in addition to aiming flexibility I can stutter one button a second after the other for finer heat control when I'm on the edge of a shutdown - although that was a lot more necessary before they raised the LLAS ghost heat threshold from three to four. (Weapon group three is all three lasers on chainfire but I don't use it much.)

Gaslight on

Appreciate it. Do we still organize in here? So far ive been going solo with....well solo results.

I need to buy me some clan mechs and at the current rate i expect to be able to buy a Daishi sometime in 2029.

Man, do you really feel like you need them? I can alpha five times in a row as fast as the lasers cycle on a heat-neutral map, doesn't overheat until the sixth salvo. And I keep the arm lasers on LMB and the torso laser on RMB, so in addition to aiming flexibility I can stutter one button a second after the other for finer heat control when I'm on the edge of a shutdown - although that was a lot more necessary before they raised the LLAS ghost heat threshold from three to four. (Weapon group three is all three lasers on chainfire but I don't use it much.)

imho the additional heat dissipation is worth far, far more than an extra 6kph in speed.

Appreciate it. Do we still organize in here? So far ive been going solo with....well solo results.

I need to buy me some clan mechs and at the current rate i expect to be able to buy a Daishi sometime in 2029.

When I'm down for stompy shenanigans I sit in vent and make a post here saying I'm in vent wanting to group. After that, it's just a matter of time till people show up. Most nights it works. Other nights everyone is asleep.

kx3klFE.png
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I sound the horn whenever I jump on. I keep odd hours though, due to working third shift. Bet your ass if I'm around and awake I'll be there though. I love stumpy bots with oosiks. I whine a lot though. LRMs, clan mechs, PPCs, whatever kills me, really. I also play drunk a lot.

So. You know. It's a lot like dropping solo. ;)

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Hey @Konphujun how are you recovering? I heard you were attacked by a crazy guy with a crowbar? Something about protecting a woman from her crazy ex?

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Hey @Konphujun how are you recovering? I heard you were attacked by a crazy guy with a crowbar? Something about protecting a woman from her crazy ex?

You forgot the part while he was getting her cat out of a tree.

@Nips Ok just bought a king crab and catapult thanks to you. Next is going to learn how to paint them.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7

Honestly, if you can only ever afford 1 trio of Clan mechs, get the Timberwolf. It can do everything.

kx3klFE.png
    I cant afford anything. I'm making like 50-75k cbills on a win and only have 5.5 million.

I cant afford anything. I'm making like 50-75k cbills on a win and only have 5.5 million.

Give it time, grasshopper.

You'll learn, with time, what your preferred weapons are and how to use them and where to use them from

and then you'll be making 90k a match because you'll walk into a clan mech that blinds you until you die because its another goddamn ac5/10 boat and that's all they ever mount because they are the worst human beings and godwhywonttheirammojustexplodeandtaketheircockpitwiththemgoddamnblindingbullshitassholes

And then you'll have a 5-kill, 6-assist match with over 800 damage and a bunch of destroyed components, make over 200k (without premium), and experience 'Mech bliss.

In due time, grasshoppah. :D

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    I've been there before. Its just still a slow grind. My skills have deteriorated too sadly.

At least you have been there. Nirvana is still 600 damage and 3 kills for me.

What is sad is that I saved up for the twolf at full price. Modded it and really never clicked with me. Then got a stormcrow on sale which clicked a bit. Bought the hellbringer because it has ecm and is heavy. But again sucks for my play style.

I always come back to my IS mechs since they seem more fun given I can do anything with them. Especially my urbies.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @Nips
    Ok, I know you're not accepting entries for Ravens right now. But if you were, this would be my entry.

jb3hj69elrg4.jpg

https://youtu.be/klmuGzln-l8

edit:
    uploading another take of the video. Higher rez this time. Its just taking longer for my connection to upload.

edit2:
    The higher rez version is here....or it will be once youtube finishes its "processing" tomfoolery. (edit3: Hmm...I think something is awry. I'll try again later).

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    I'm estatic when I break 300..

@Nips wheres that screenshot of the leaderboard you mentioned taking that night, I think it was the same match with the LRMsavior.

edited June 2015
    You mean, this one? :D Not the same match, but you sure as heck carried in this one too.

Preface: Oosiks carried so hard in this match. We basically went down four kills to none in the first five minutes, IIRC. Then @StayFrosty00 decides to go for the longest flank ever....until I panicked hard enough and convinced him to turn around, after which he steamrolled the three or four fools chasing us one-by-one.

It was a nailbiter down to the end, with Frosty being out of ammo and having to tackle opponents with his K.Crab, Padre having been blown his load mightily earlier in the match, dread and Ryezilla providing supporting damage, and my poor little Kit Fox frantically not getting cored with like 35% health left (all torso damage, mind you; my CT was cherry as a sports car at the end) and with the only functional guns left on the team (maybe, that HBK that was left on our team, I never even saw him all match).

It honestly took every last ounce of coordination we had, and I was jittery for ten minutes after we won.

Holy%20Sheeeeet.png

Nips on
    Makes me regret not logging in last night when Frosty threw up the walrus sign.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Seems like the only time I can break 300 is in my LRM Jager.

Don't feel bad. I find my most effective Atlas is 3 LPL and an LRM 20. Damned long ranged clanners makes getting close to brawl fricking hard.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    @Buttcleft I ran an LRM 80 Ebon Jaguar the other night and I feel like you can appreciate that.

It actually wasn't terrible. That's enough lurms to deal some serious damage, and you can alpha strike twice in a row before you get into shut down territory.

stupid clanners and their stupid awesomely light LRM launchers..

stupid clanners and their obsession with winning

Fixed that for you.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited June 2015
    i'd be able to put LRM 80 on my jager if I had access to clan launchers.

Hell I'd be able to put LRM80 on my Atlas..

Buttcleft on
    edited June 2015
    jgeis wrote: »
    @Buttcleft I ran an LRM 80 Ebon Jaguar the other night and I feel like you can appreciate that.

It actually wasn't terrible. That's enough lurms to deal some serious damage, and you can alpha strike twice in a row before you get into shut down territory.

I was running one of my variants with 2xLB 5-X and 4xLRM-5, but got frustrated with it. Flipped it into a Dual Gauss build. Still not very good with it. :/

I think I'll suck it up, and give the 80-tube wonder a try. On the plus side, I can pretend I'm piloting a 'Mech two-thirds of the way to one of Padre's favorites: the Kraken 3. :D

Nips on
    edited June 2015

Ehh, I've done the laser build. It's fine. It's good. It's lazory.

I got all these other variants over here, though. At least until they're ready for CW Prime Time (e.g. fully Elite'd), I don't just want to convert them all into Optimal Build Laser Boats.

(Also, the laser build is more fun with a 2xLarge WubWub arm on the right, and 5xERML on the left. For me. Because it's party on the right, and business on the left. Like a rotated mullet.)

Nips on
  • Turk_FatherTurk_Father Registered User regular
    After some advice on IS mechs.

I want to pick up or medium or a heavy and I'm not sure what. I have the urban mech to cover my light which I find so much fun and an Atlas for an assault which i also really like. I'm not that interested in a missile boat.

Any ideas?