As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Playstation] thread will grant you three wishes

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So it seems like to me, if you watch that No Man's Sky video and that footage is exciting to you

You will be very happy with that game when it comes out

I am totally fine with exploring some planets and hanging out with some animals as like, the whole thing

But I think plenty of people are going to get that game and find it BORING AS HELL

I have known since day 1 that it was not for me

but I think most people already know if they like these sorts of 'make your own fun' games at this point

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I bought elite dangerous and I may as well have set the money on fire so now I know better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Can you actually pile drive a dude from the top of a skyscraper?

Because, legitimate points and concerns aside, that sounds awesome.

This is something you can very literally do in Spider-Man 2. Not the latest one, but the one from the PS2/Xbox/Cube era.
    the first time i hauled some goon to the top and spiked him into the sidewalk was a generation-defining moment for me...

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There just seems to be a lot of projecting going on with No Man's Sky

And that's probably a side effect of them wanting to keep so much of that game a secret to discover when it comes out

But I get the feeling there are a lot of different ideas out there of what that game is, and most of them are just not even close to true

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Yeah i've seen a lot of people talking about the economy/combat/etc in that game and I dunno

it seems like they should just play elite dangerous if thats what they want?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Can you explore planets in Elite?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »

You can't, no

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like maybe I just made some lucky assumptions or something about No Man's Sky

But absolutely nothing they have shown me is surprising from a design standpoint

From a "I have trouble believing this thing exists" standpoint, sure

But it feels like everything they've shown has been a fairly coherent design decision from the first time we saw it

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I respect the heck out of no man's sky.

But can also totally tell that it is not a game for me.

• Options
    That video makes me want to become a bounty hunter for anyone that kills animals in the game

Who could kill those adorable li'l buddies

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Have you considered the profits inherent to exotic fur trading?

• Options

You can't, no

Ah, I've only seen a little of it, it seems a lot more sim-y than No Man's Sky I guess?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm gonna attempt to make all life on a planet extinct

• Options

You can't, no

Ah, I've only seen a little of it, it seems a lot more sim-y than No Man's Sky I guess?

Oh yeah I'm not saying they are the same at all

I've just seen a lot of people speculating about like a deep economy and being a pirate or a trader or whatever in NMS and it doesn't really seem like that's what that game is about

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I believe the devs have said that planetary exploration is something that's "in the future" for Eilte: Dangerous.

• Options
    Well Sean Murray's definitely mentioned trading and piracy being options in the game, but not knowing how deep those systems are then yeah, Elite might be a better choice for people who really want to focus on that

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Patrick Klepek wants to hear from European PS4 owners

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Rest mode is incredible

I only wish it didn't fuck up my time played on witcher

Does it fuck with the time played for all games or just some?

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Hmm, I don't have a photo but it just took me like 20 hours to download Tomb Raider

Oh and I tried changing the dns thing and it made no difference

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Keith wrote: »
    Rest mode is incredible

I think it's (edit: er, the rest mode itself) only been fixed since recently? I haven't noticed, or seen mention of, the issue in any other games at any rate.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Rest mode is incredible

A lot of games have their own little quirk with Rest Mode

For example, if you do it with Bloodborne it breaks co-op until you relaunch the game

The time counter is Witcher's

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Well Sean Murray's definitely mentioned trading and piracy being options in the game, but not knowing how deep those systems are then yeah, Elite might be a better choice for people who really want to focus on that

Recently he was saying that there's no player to player trading, but trading is in. Which is odd.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

Recently he was saying that there's no player to player trading, but trading is in. Which is odd.

"You might never meet another player" has been a thing with No Man's Sky for as long as I can remember, so no player to player trading doesn't seem that weird.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The Anime skin in Arkham looks like 100% butthole.

So, you know, keepin' it anime, I guess.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hey guys

I am one of you now

Just got the Batman bundle

Tag is Genesius_Prime

• Options

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
  • Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Hmm, I don't have a photo but it just took me like 20 hours to download Tomb Raider

Oh and I tried changing the dns thing and it made no difference

I have a 2gb DriveClub file that's 19 hours away, I've got a 20mb connection.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    LOOKS LIKE SCOOPS HAS A SCOOP

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The PS Plus download of Driveclub is 2.7 gigs
    The update file is 10.6??????

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

This doesn't seem that odd

When they say trading is in, they mean like selling quantities of a resource, as opposed to two people trading objects

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Only 51 more hours and Hermano can play Tomb Raider.

• Options
    It's approximately 80 hours until I can play Infamous Second Son.

That's not a joke.

• Options
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That's nice but kind of super tonally deaf given the poor treatment of women in the game itself

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I thought it was really funny

• Options
    yes that is why i think only one person at rocksteady is alright

one helpless email writer, raging against the machine

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Also I don't think being bad at portraying women in your game means you can't make fun of an actual hate group

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also I don't think being bad at portraying women in your game means you can't make fun of an actual hate group
    Never said it did! Just said it was kinda tone deaf!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Never said it did! Just said it was kinda tone deaf!

Maybe not everyone can be a good singer, Blank. I don't see you going out every night hitting up the karaoke bars.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.