As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    You just activated his trap card.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Collars on cats are actually not the greatest.

Since cats like jumping around when they go on adventures, the collar can get caught on stuff and hurt or even kill them.

There are stretchy collars to prevent this but cast learn to just pull them off so they don't have to wear them.

Microchipping is the way to go for outside cats, though really all cats should be inside cats, especially in Australia where they kill native wildlife.

Breakaway collars exist.
    kittensk.jpg

All three of our cats have breakaway collars with a tag which, on one side says their name, and on the other it says "INDOOR CAT" and my wife's phone number.

Two of them in particular are very jumpy and squirrelly and have only popped out of their collars a few times each.

#pipe on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    The Super Station Master has passed away. He was too beautiful for this world :(

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/remembering-tama-the-super-stationmaster-cat

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    :(

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Furryosa weighed in at 2.8 pounds at the vet.
    She's so damn tiny for almost 9 months old. Do you think she'll stay this small forever?
    She's acclimating well to Rinzler, when we first got her he did all the chasing, now she'll wander up and bop him on the head or start chewing on his fur, he's amazingly tolerant but they've gotten into a couple of scraps.
    Picture spoiled because phone photos are huge!
    5kwuaea.jpeg

• cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    One of my cats is almost 5 years old, and she's super tiny. She weighs maybe 8 pounds. Some cats are just small.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    How did I live in Japan for six months and never know of the cat train station.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    How did I live in Japan for six months and never know of the cat train station.

you have failed us deeply

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    inline-tama-cat-kishi-station-toru-yamanakaafpgetty-images_0.jpg?itok=4OFLS3zj

If I ever get to go to Heaven, I hope Tama comes to pick me up.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    There is a kitty that keeps showing up at our new rental place. It's a young female with no collar or anything like that, but there is no way it is a feral born cat because it is WAY too human-friendly to be completely wild. I had to rescue it from a tree in our backyard today because it had managed to get itself stuck about 20 feet up and then I fed it some fish meat and it followed me around for a couple of hours afterwards until I had to go out and I could not lock it inside our house so I had to put it out and secure the building before I left.

My partner and I would both like to adopt it, but we cannot (rental), so the plan is to capture it and have it checked by a vet and then take it to a shelter as soon as my partner gets home from the mine site she works at. It is young, very cute, and quite good around humans (it likes pats but is not so good with cuddles yet) so it should get snapped up from any shelter it goes to pretty quickly!

If you can afford to...have it fixed please. Best way to avoid more homeless kitties in the future.

Despite appearances to the contrary, I am not actually an idiot.

• PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Angel wondering why I am disturbing her bird-watching session. Spoilered for big.
    xswoYpk.jpg

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    My two fuzzy beasts:
    IMG_20150509_155950_162.jpg

They are little lumps of fur, and enjoy being carried around like babies. The black one enjoys laps, while the other is more properly aloof and prefers to be petted at specific times and locations, though occasionally he sits at the bottom of the stairs and shouts until you come pet him.

I got a feathery companion last year! A little parrot, senegal/meyers mix. I'd wanted a bird for ages, I had a parakeet when I was little and adored him.

I did not expect her to be so cuddly. She's young, about a year old now, so I don't know if this is something that will continue once she matures. She's currently bundled up in a towel on my chest with her little head sticking out, cheeping occasionally to be scritched. She would try to burrow under my shirt if I didn't wrap her up, and it's too hot for me to wear something she can huddle under. (I guess it's like being under mama bird's wings?)

She is sweet and pretty fearless, and if you give her head scritches she will be your friend. We are trying to make sure she's well socialized, so she's made quite a few friends :D
    She tolerates the cats, and has mostly stopped charging them and trying to pull out fur. It's pretty normal for me to end up with a cat on my lap and a bird on my shoulder.

IMG_20150121_175522_622.jpg

*Internally Screaming*
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This is Cammy

1900102_10152247411713676_55216667_n.jpg?oh=bf643cc9c51d7cda2a41d4fee1c22e02&oe=5626B157

in her favorite winter bed.

My Neck

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    rf139iy3il4h.jpg

As I promised, Izzy's fluffy toes.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Collars on cats are actually not the greatest.

Since cats like jumping around when they go on adventures, the collar can get caught on stuff and hurt or even kill them.

There are stretchy collars to prevent this but cast learn to just pull them off so they don't have to wear them.

Microchipping is the way to go for outside cats, though really all cats should be inside cats, especially in Australia where they kill native wildlife.

Breakaway collars exist.
    kittensk.jpg

All three of our cats have breakaway collars with a tag which, on one side says their name, and on the other it says "INDOOR CAT" and my wife's phone number.

Two of them in particular are very jumpy and squirrelly and have only popped out of their collars a few times each.

back when we had cats, we tried to get them to wear breakaway collars for similar reasons as those fuzzbutt listed, but our cats figured out pretty quick that they'd break if they just pushed them off hard enough with their hind legs so that didn't work out.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hello this is dog #1
    z1vxvp41xowe.png
    And this is dog #2. He is barking at the sound my phone camera shutter makes. It makes him look like he is talking.
    hvy6qsrh98a1.png

As I was scrolling down on that second picture, for a brief moment it looked like he was climbing out of the pool, using the side rail.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Kitty has been taken to two different vets to scan for microchips. Nothing showed, and she does not have the ear tattoo for spaying either, so she has been left at one of the vets for spaying, microchipping, and worming. We are putting up "found cat" posters and checking around all the havens and rangers offices we can get in contact with, and if no-one claims her she will be going to the no-kill haven for rehoming as soon as possible.

As I was scrolling down on that second picture, for a brief moment it looked like he was climbing out of the pool, using the side rail.

Should I photoshop a red bikini top on him for you?

Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Should I photoshop a red bikini top on him for you?

I think that'd make it more scandalous. Like how Donald Duck's shirt makes it weird that he's not wearing pants.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a dog run?
    I want to get one so Lola can stay outsid without a leash but the roofed ones all seem really narrow

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Does anyone have a dog run?
    I want to get one so Lola can stay outsid without a leash but the roofed ones all seem really narrow

My folks have a dog run. It is called the house. Mainly because locking a dog outside in the Arizona summer is an actual punishable offense.

But yeah I think dog runs are narrow by tradition. It's just a thing.

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Wake up and look around the bedroom. There's puke. Everywhere. Sigh, get up get the clothes off the floor, try to find my pair of pants for yesterday so I can get my belt.

Oh, wait, now that I look closer, it isn't vomit, just soggy leather belt everywhere.

puppies

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so I just heard an incredibly loud "OH MY GOD" from my wife upstairs, and upon investigation discovered that she'd been scrolling through the recently updated Collie Club of America site when she came a cross a very familiar picture

of the litter of puppies we bred last year.

holy crap

our babies are famous!
    BBKMfvo.jpg

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wait, is that that same dog from a news story about how he was basically born with no neck, or a different horribly hunchbacked dog?

Either way there's no way that's the ugliest dog, look at the runner-up!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i promised big silly brown dog pictures at some point

here is both dogs chillin in the highlands

2cfskrt.jpg

also bonus pic of him as a puppy

2vaxw7s.png

• CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    "Look Ma, no biting!"
    IMG_20150627_150042_765.jpg

*Internally Screaming*
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    My cat kept nudging my camera, so I took a picture. Spoilered for big.
    20150428_195802_zpsednjtizu.jpg

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Best event at the Lansing Minor League team today: Bark in the Park.

People can bring they dags

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    A pox on your four legged beasts

h73zkn18bmjz.jpg
    cz6agqzwpslk.jpg

omg birdie

Pet dinosaur.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    All I see are some sick chops!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    JebusUD wrote: »

yeah knob is p hot

knob tell us some bird stories

Magic Pink wrote: »

yeah knob is p hot

One of my conures is best friends with my corgi. She will climb onto the dogs back or head and ride her around like a squatty little horse.

Knob wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

yeah knob is p hot

One of my conures is best friends with my corgi. She will climb onto the dogs back or head and ride her around like a squatty little horse.

Preeeety sure that you're legally obligated to provide video evidence to corroborate such stories.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Gimme a few hours to get home and I'll make the animals perform for your amusement.

I imagine you'll also want to see the ferret doing ferretty things

omg you have ferts too

totally coming over right now

i'll just knock on doors until I find your place

This discussion has been closed.