As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

• Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried bumble and liked it? I was thinking of giving it a go. I don't really like OkCupid I just keep getting messeges from creepers all day long. at least with bumble I'll be the one in control on if I want to talk to them or not...

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Bumble, Tinder and Hinge - all these swipey apps - give you that control. Gotta have mutually interest before any messages can be sent and I imagine for women it helps a lot in cutting down the noise

Most women do not wish to talk to me but then at least the few that do I know are more likely to respond / likely to meet

poo
  • Options
    http://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/subway-casanova-offers-commuters-a-chance-to-date-while-they-wait

My friend saw this dude yest
    That's.. actually p smart if you can pull it off

poo
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wanna hang with that dude

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Man this sucks

Like I'm mentally prepared to handle a rejection

It's poopy but I can deal with it

The waiting though is driving me up the wall

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I think at this point assume the silence is a rejection.

If she never responds, you're over it; if she does, it's a nice surprise.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Yeahhhh that's

Probably for the best

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    guys I'm in real trouble here
    we were talking about ridiculous cars and she said
    "one word: thundercougarfalconbird"
    send help

It's a Futurama reference, @Tam

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Love is having someone that doesn't mind spreading cream on your second-degree burn covered feet after a long day at work and a week without showering while you're swearing at them out of pain

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have a coffee date after work today

I am, predictably, super nervous

I'm also trying to decide if I want to swing by my apartment on my way there to drop off my work shit

It's just like, a messenger bag with a laptop and book in it, but I often feel weird carrying it around places

• Options
    edited June 2015
    you should probably drop it off if it distracts you. I know that when I'm on a date or any sort of meetup really I want to be as "in the zone" as i can make myself

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Girl, I'm so in the Zone you can call me PJ Phil.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Geth's a big Snit fan.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    itt geth watches canadian television

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    guys I'm in real trouble here
    we were talking about ridiculous cars and she said
    "one word: thundercougarfalconbird"
    send help

It's a Futurama reference, @Tam

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    minirhyder wrote: »

wait, didn't speed say he was really hitting it off with her previously? i can see not sending another message if someone doesn't respond in like, the first bit of conversation (edit: fixed that last bit for clarity), but that kinda sounds like they were talking a fair bit beforehand? sometimes messages just get lost in the shuffle with the terrible-est timing. what's the harm in simply asking 'hey, just wondering if you saw my last message?'.

hasn't it only been a couple days though?

Atheraal on
  • Options
    I am antsy about going on this second date because I want to go on this date
    Today will move slow

poo
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ohgod guys I messaged a dude on Okc. I'm so awkward and bad at this....he's still talking to me though >.<

Edit:
    He just got super pissed I called myself a minecraft nerd....

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Uriel how're things going

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

That says bad things about him, not about you

• Options
    edited June 2015

um yea I think I'm gonna move on....he's gonna hate the huge ass minecraft tattoo on my thigh.....lmao :P

Edit:
    I just want a nice guy. I miss getting laid and talking to a good man....

PassionateLovie on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

um yea I think I'm gonna move on....he's gonna hate the huge ass minecraft tattoo on my thigh.....lmao :P

Well, your "Minecraft nerd" claim checks out. Sounds like his loss.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm too fking cute for him anyways >.> what jerk. I didn't even say the half of what he said, it was worse. I was too fking nice. Oh well. I blocked him <.<

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Good call cutting your losses.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Y'all
    This girl
    The one I went to the Korean place with a couple weeks back? And she brought me pastries from her trip?

She used to sing in a black metal band
    She builds and paints Viking-style shields
    She wants to start training for the WWE
    I'm in some real trouble here, folks

It's a shame I didn't get to know her better back when we were at school together

It's also a real shame

About that boyfriend of hers

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think my bosses are maybe trying to play matchmaker through clever manipulation of shift times

suspicion borne from them joking about "doling out" the single girl through choosing who works with her and some of my shifts being unnecessarily extended when I'm working with her.

there's probably a german word for being slightly annoyed at not really being annoyed. Because I don't mind, and there's not a single reason to mind either - getting paid a little more in a night for doing nothing but shoot the shit with her is not bad

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Y'all
    This girl
    The one I went to the Korean place with a couple weeks back? And she brought me pastries from her trip?

It's a shame I didn't get to know her better back when we were at school together

It's also a real shame

it'd be a shame if something were to....happen...to him

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Y'all
    This girl

It's also a real shame

Is a wuss

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Y'all
    This girl

It's also a real shame

Like, what, some kind of erotic wrestling accident

What are you SAYING here

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Y'all
    This girl

It's also a real shame

Look GG.

We are officially friends now.

I can help solve this problem for you. It's a shame because you are certainly getting the hotter one out of the pair.

But I can break out my moves for a good cause.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Atheraal wrote: »

wait, didn't speed say he was really hitting it off with her previously? i can see not sending another message if someone doesn't respond in like, the first bit of conversation (edit: fixed that last bit for clarity), but that kinda sounds like they were talking a fair bit beforehand? sometimes messages just get lost in the shuffle with the terrible-est timing. what's the harm in simply asking 'hey, just wondering if you saw my last message?'.

noooope

as someone on both the giving and receiving end of 'hey, you still there?' messages, there really isn't anything to gain from it

there are a number of different reasons someone may not have responded to your message, even if you've been talking up till then, and none of them will be fixed by messaging them again

shooting them another message will most likely make you look pushy or desperate

you can look it as 'what do i have to lose' i guess, but the odds of success are so low it's better, in my opinion, to cut your losses and find someone new to talk to

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    I want to be in love again.

Or at least some serious like.

With a woman who

Hold on I just rode past a guy who was giving his dog a chiropractic adjustment on the sidewalk. I wonder if the dogs back popped? I bet it felt good. I envy that dog.

Portland is crazy.

• Options

With a woman who

Hold on I just rode past a guy who was giving his dog a chiropractic adjustment on the sidewalk. I wonder if the dogs back popped? I bet it felt good. I envy that dog.

Portland is crazy.

Amen to that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    Atheraal wrote: »

noooope

as someone on both the giving and receiving end of 'hey, you still there?' messages, there really isn't anything to gain from it

there are a number of different reasons someone may not have responded to your message, even if you've been talking up till then, and none of them will be fixed by messaging them again

shooting them another message will most likely make you look pushy or desperate

you can look it as 'what do i have to lose' i guess, but the odds of success are so low it's better, in my opinion, to cut your losses and find someone new to talk to

As someone on both the giving and not-receiving end of messages that got lost, I theoretically disagree. It's a very very fine line to walk, and so would not recommend it, but if you really think there's a good chance of messages not getting through and your are respectful and ready to not get the answer you were hoping for, trying to maintain contact can be appropriate.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

With a woman who

Portland is crazy.

Amen to that.

Did you not read the rest of my post? How can you worry about such trivial things when there's a dog chiropractor in my city?

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Y'all
    This girl

It's also a real shame

god damnit GG, I made an audible groan at the end of this post

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

With a woman who

Portland is crazy.

Amen to that.

Did you not read the rest of my post? How can you worry about such trivial things when there's a dog chiropractor in my city?

I'm ambivalent on chiropractors in general

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I am totally okay with the notion of giving it some time (like, a week-ish) and then being like "Hey! I know life gets busy sometimes, so wanted to let you know that offer is still on the table if you're interested."

It doesn't beg a response and acknowledges that sometimes, people just miss stuff. Once you've made that follow up I would suggest taking the "expect a no, be surprised with a yes" approach, though, and just leave them alone.

If they're on the fence and this pushes them into the "nah" category then they were probably not going to be a win no matter what the circumstances might be. I don't think there's a winning combination of actions that people can/should have to intuit to be able to get a date with someone. The reality of these things is that you really can't control what will succeed; you can only improve your odds, and if they're already not responding then you nudging them gently can only either a) get you in better standing or b) leave you right where you are now.

Speaking for myself personally, more than once someone has messaged me about a thing, I have mentally acknowledged that, yes, I would like to do that thing, but I fail to respond to the person inquiring. It results in several minutes of confusion when they ask me later about it, because I am so sure I have already committed - and I have, just not, y'know, to them.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Uriel how're things going

Well @DaMoonRulz I managed to fuck up my back sleeping on my neck funny last night.

Also not sure how it's going with this lady, we hung out some yesterday afternoon and it was fun but we didn't make any further plans yet.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Y'all
    This girl

It's also a real shame

god damnit GG, I made an audible groan at the end of this post

I know, man
    I know

This discussion has been closed.