As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Red Bull gives you wiiings! And exclusive contennnt!

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Imma engramble for an Eternal Warrior for sure.

I don't care if there's better helms - that one looks cool.

Yeah it looks cool until you wear it. It quickly becomes "When did I get to Mardi Gras and put on this giant paper mache head?!"

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    This game is never going to come out on PC, right?

Bungie said "LOL"
    Activision said "LOL We paid 500 million for this, bungie will do what we fuckin' tell them to, so maybe"

Bungie is very clear they do not want to make it on PC though.

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone around on ps4 who wants to do the nightfall? I'd like to get it done before I turn in bounties.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

Bungie said "LOL"
    Activision said "LOL We paid 500 million for this, bungie will do what we fuckin' tell them to, so maybe"

Bungie said numerous times that they want to make it for PC. It's just not likely to happen because the big money is on consoles and developing for 2 platforms is a big enough chore.

Are you the magic man?
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Guess I'll be grinding PoE 28 tomorrow... Somehow I only have 11 strange coins and I want me a Red Death.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    PEREGRINE GREAVES!

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Say.... isn't there arc burn in this week's Nightfall? Gotta get those and level the shit out of them.

Y'know what would be cool? If we could put stuff in our ships. Like a miniature (or even full-size) Vault storage screen tied to your character, maybe sized depending on what rarity of ship you have equipped and/or with an exotic transmat system upgrade from Xur, accessible via Ghost from social areas and anywhere you can summon a sparrow.

Also, I wish Bungie had just gone all the way and killed off ascendant materials entirely. I need like two dozen of them to upgrade some older gear (VoC, murmur, some raid armor) and the only way to get them without finding 5 other people to run a raid is the 3 you get from doing dailies at max level.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Say.... isn't there arc burn in this week's Nightfall? Gotta get those and level the shit out of them.

Arc burn AND brawler.

It's so fucking sweet. I can't even begin to describe.

Though dat 41k damage on reds comes close.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Oh, good, @Hiryu02 is posting vaguely serial killer nightmare creepshow snuff film prop shit and it's getting quoted and reappearing.

Are you making Exo cosplay (which would be dope)? Did I miss your post about this? Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Not enough DIY slash real-world selfie-type photos in this thread for my taste.

Also... that Weekly Update Part 2 was paltry as hell and probably not even really necessary, except that it was good to see that video honoring that guy. Anyone think Xur is going to be selling Gjallarhorn tomorrow as Bungie's penance (especially now that I have one)? I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, sorry. I'm working on building my Titans's actual armor set as a cosplay outfit. That is the first stage of building the helm. My bad, I will post more actual armor-looking pieces soon hopefully.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    https://www.the100.io/game/199046

Is the start time on this correct? O_O

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Anyone on the Xbox interested in a VoG run tonight? If I see some "Yesses" (Yeses? Yes's?) on here, I'll throw it up on The 100.

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

Bungie said "LOL"

Bungie said numerous times that they want to make it for PC. It's just not likely to happen because the big money is on consoles and developing for 2 platforms is a big enough chore.

Uhhhhh... In the 10 year contract it specifically states that a PC option is obligated starting with Destiny 2. With support for older consoles going the way of the dodo, and new systems being glorified PC's... well, it'll be significantly easier

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    HooverFan wrote: »

Bungie said "LOL"

Uhhhhh... In the 10 year contract it specifically states that a PC option is obligated starting with Destiny 2. With support for older consoles going the way of the dodo, and new systems being glorified PC's... well, it'll be significantly easier

The original recipe XBox and 360 were pretty much PCs in fancy boxes, too, so that's not exactly new. The PS3 was as well, just a PC with a really bizarre processor architecture.

I can only imagine how pure the bullshit of Thorn with keyboard and mouse controls would be.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Anyone on the Xbox interested in a VoG run tonight? If I see some "Yesses" (Yeses? Yes's?) on here, I'll throw it up on The 100.

What time are you thinking? I have a friend's party that I sort of need to go to (she successfully defended her PhD thesis), but if it's like 11:30 or midnight EST I'm down.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »

Bungie said "LOL"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm just saying why it's unlikely as it is, and bringing up the fact that Bungie actually wants to make it on PC, the opposite of what the other guy said.

And yes, consoles are quite clearly "glorified PCs", but if you'd take a look at, well, any major game release in the past couple years, PC versions have mostly been absolute clusterfucks despite being built on and released on "glorified PCs", which seems to say that it's easier not super easy or most devs are extremely lazy.

Are you the magic man?
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Apparently, not content with firing shots at Destiny's Red Bull sponsorship, Techland has decided to take on crowdfunding?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

Skittles (remix) is tonight, and I think we have an open spot? I don't mind giving up my spot if we're actually full (I've run VoG, like, a lot).

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I don't even have the game and almost never use twitter, but I kind of want to participate.

edited June 2015
    3clipse wrote: »
    https://www.the100.io/game/199046

Is the start time on this correct? O_O

Defaulted to May. Interesting. Time to dust off the Grover Cleveland Presidential Time Machine.

jefe414 on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I don't even have the game and almost never use twitter, but I kind of want to participate.

It's all fun and games until somebody dies of water poisoning!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular

I'll try VoG again, haven't in a while an want to see what an ascended VoC will do. I did apply to the 100, want to try the higher PoEs too at some point.

So bought two engrams from xur before work. Had motes for 3 & fishing for a nighthawk (already tried 4 with no luck last time he sold them). First one did finally get me a nighthawk and 2nd was about my 10th light beyond nemesis (I get more of these than any other exotic), and I never made a warlock.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    How difficult would it be to do PoE 34 as a 33? I'm fuzzy on how difficult things are in relation to light levels.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

Skittles (remix) is tonight, and I think we have an open spot? I don't mind giving up my spot if we're actually full (I've run VoG, like, a lot).

Oh right, I forgot! That's around 6:30-7:00pm EST, right?

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

Yup! Starts at 6:30pm EST.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    Bungie.net Profile Status Update:
    Further customize your identity. Set a profile "status" for your friends and followers to see. Easily check the status of your friends and people you're following on the Friends tab. Set the status on your profile page or directly from the Friends tab.
    This should be in-game.
    Android Update
    Further customize your identity. Set a profile "status" for your friends and followers to see. Easily check the status of your friends and people you're following on the Friends tab. Use the new Advisor Widget to see Weekly Missions, when they complete, reset, and what skulls they have! Improved Friends List - Now easier to re-authenticate with PSN and XBOX to see platform friends. Also, your clan roster is now available in the friends tab.
    This needs to be in-game.

Destiny 2, you have to go to Bungie.com each time you want to go to orbit or summon your sparrow.

Sirialis on
    How difficult would it be to do PoE 34 as a 33? I'm fuzzy on how difficult things are in relation to light levels.

It's do-able. PoE 35 as a 33 is not.

The difficulty is created by the stat-scaling function Destiny uses. If you're level 34 and your enemy is level 34, you do your weapon's damage rating. The larger the gap between your levels, the less damage you do. This seems to work both ways but only detrimentally for players. If you're level 33, you do less damage to 34s and to 32s, but if you're 33 then 34s don't do any less damage to you.

The scaling is geometric, so 33 vs. 34 is as doable as 34 vs. 35, but 32 vs. 34 or 33 vs. 35 isn't. More than a 2 level gap and you're basically yelling "Bang! Bang!" at the screen for all the damage you do.

edited June 2015

The difficulty is created by the stat-scaling function Destiny uses. If you're level 34 and your enemy is level 34, you do your weapon's damage rating. The larger the gap between your levels, the less damage you do. This seems to work both ways but only detrimentally for players. If you're level 33, you do less damage to 34s and to 32s, but if you're 33 then 34s don't do any less damage to you.

The scaling is geometric, so 33 vs. 34 is as doable as 34 vs. 35, but 32 vs. 34 or 33 vs. 35 isn't. More than a 2 level gap and you're basically yelling "Bang! Bang!" at the screen for all the damage you do.

Yes to this. I've done the 34 as a 33, it's doable especially if you have 34 teammates.

Found some numbers on Reddit re: level advantages, the post is 9 months old but I think the info is still more or less accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2h9t6b/this_is_how_light_levels_affect_your_gameplay_and/

awsimo on

Yup! Starts at 6:30pm EST.

Great! I'll see everyone then.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Yeah, 33 vs 34 is a challenge, but it's possible. It's what I did the first week. Though @JusticeforPluto subbed in at around round 4 on his 34 when we got a little stuck and my two teammates decided they'd had enough (perfectly understandable really).

Myself and @Wassermelone managed to take @Malakaius 's 33 Hunter through the 34 yesterday without much bother. Think we only wiped once at round 4 on the arc burn hive section because devious yellow bar wizards were corner camping me.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @awsimo I usually put up VoG on Fridays for X1, but I can't stay up late tonight so I played last night instead...which was a successful night. Got a 32 and 35 PoE done, got my first Elder Cipher, and got my Vision of Confluence maxed out!

A little disappointed with Xur, picked up Red Death for fun. I was really hoping Bungie was going to be awesome and give us Gjally after all the TK bad press...but of course not. Grabbed one helm, and of course got another Saint-14, because why wouldn't I get that from an engram after he sells it... Might try one more roll this weekend and hope for a Ram or Obsidian Mind (wish I had enough coins when he had it a few weeks ago).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    A question RE: PoE rewards. I know (or am pretty sure?) using a treasure key on PoE 35 for the first time in a week gives you better rewards than at any other time. Is there a difference between treasure key-ing 32, 34, or subsequent 35's?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Whats the roll on the HotPF that Xur has today?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I've got 16 keys now... I should probably start running the prison more often.

Just need 2 others to make it worthwhile, rep-wise.

newSig.jpg
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Myself and @Wassermelone managed to take @Malakaius 's 33 Hunter through the 34 yesterday without much bother. Think we only wiped once at round 4 on the arc burn hive section because devious yellow bar wizards were corner camping me.

You say that like I had a lot to do with getting him through :wink:

Wassermelone on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so that was cool

did wolves event at anchor of light. get the ether key, get the chest, no prob

head over to archer's line and there's another wolves event

get the ether key, get to the chest

it lets me loot but doesn't give me anything. hmm. so I leave the zone and come back. lets me loot again and gives me nothing

wtf

only thing unusual is I zoned in while the event was going on and my ether key from the previous one hadn't expired. maybe that caused a bug with it I dunno

I want my stuffs you jerks

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Managed to upgrade my armor on my hunter and warlock.

Spoiled since phone pictures are OMG FREAKING HUGE!!!
    199vaabn3xyc.jpg

Rawr indeed...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    well i engambled away all my motes - but I got my nighthawk helm on the last one

PSN SeGaTai
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Imma engramble for an Eternal Warrior for sure.

I don't care if there's better helms - that one looks cool.

Yeah it looks cool until you wear it. It quickly becomes "When did I get to Mardi Gras and put on this giant paper mache head?!"
    I wear mine during the Crota fight. Partially for the orb-to-health perk, partially to freak out @JusticeforPluto.

Ok mostly to freak out Pluto.

"Stop waving at me Piggy! Stop waving at me!"

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]