As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

anime [chat]

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

yeah....

it doesn't matter if he's wearing a silly looking hat

don't go up to a soldier on active duty and start trying to prod his rifle

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    been writing a bit of C# last night and today

it is frikken astounding how much more productive that language is than C++. Even modern C++ with STL.

It is pretty slick

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    How poly marriage would work is a fun discussion but you eventually end up getting a headache working out the math

Yeah, it's a goddamn complex issue. Mostly solved by just not locking things onto a spouse specifically. For example, insurance discounts for spouses could just be "If you pay X for insurance you have Y you can apply to the insurance of a spouse or spouses" instead of "Your spouse pays only this much!" And then making things like hospital visitation and such something you can easily just parcel out to whomever you want.

That makes collective marriage for tax reasons a thing though. 30, 40 people married somehow, how do you determine what one person gets when they divorce the group?

Marriage for tax reasons is already common, and it's kind of messed up given that it's a fuck you to single folks. You could require prenups for any and all marriage arrangements. I don't see lawyers being upset at 40 people showing up to give them money for a long-ass contract.

Also do you want to make marriage need a lawyer? Bad for the poor.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    A divorce between two can take years in community property, and longer in equitable distribution states

Imagine the work lawyers would get .... My god, it's all funded by trial lawyers ... Wake up sheeple

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    lol

see i love hari kondabolu agen:
    Hey Religious Right: Weird how God created an elaborate US legal system that allowed Gay Marriage to be legal, huh?

poo
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    constitutional waifus

CIcKnr6WgAAMj7N.jpg:large

A blindfold? That's a pretty cliche kink you're into, ladies.
    50 States of Gay Marriage, man.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    "his gun is jammed, he can't shoot" said in the most moronic way possible

goddamn, tourist, you dumb. You fucking dumb.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    constitutional waifus

theres some cosplay stuff goin on as well plus the weapons!!!!!!!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    How poly marriage would work is a fun discussion but you eventually end up getting a headache working out the math

Yeah, it's a goddamn complex issue. Mostly solved by just not locking things onto a spouse specifically. For example, insurance discounts for spouses could just be "If you pay X for insurance you have Y you can apply to the insurance of a spouse or spouses" instead of "Your spouse pays only this much!" And then making things like hospital visitation and such something you can easily just parcel out to whomever you want.

That makes collective marriage for tax reasons a thing though. 30, 40 people married somehow, how do you determine what one person gets when they divorce the group?

Marriage for tax reasons is already common, and it's kind of messed up given that it's a fuck you to single folks. You could require prenups for any and all marriage arrangements. I don't see lawyers being upset at 40 people showing up to give them money for a long-ass contract.

Marriage is good for society, we agree, which is why we favor it in the tax code.

Being rich is good for society with similar results. :P

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    constitutional waifus

theres some cosplay stuff goin on as well plus the weapons!!!!!!!

Someone needs to get on a live action version of this, stat.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Not a fundamental rethinking of it, but trying to fix issues within the existing framework.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/26/pillars-of-eternity-2-0/

Quick question: Does Pillars 2.0 fix combat?

Not really. It introduces AI for party members, and improves stealth.

Well that's just unfortunate, though I guess it's my fault for hardlining that Pillars could be excellent if they just redid their combat system.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

Marriage is good for society, we agree, which is why we favor it in the tax code.

Do you really want to incentivize people being in marriages they aren't all that into because there's a financial benefit, though?

Winky on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    wife really wants a grill but i think it will be a waste of money that we won't use very much. blah.
    Get a nice cheap little charcoal thing.

Low initial investment, and it's fun to cook with charcoal.

I kind of disagree. Buying a cheap charcoal grill because you're worried you won't use it much is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Charcoal such a pain in the ass, takes to long to heat up. Gotta buy and store bags of it.

A propane grill is faster than the oven or stovetop for cooking meats and it does a better job and it's fun. I say go all-in.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    11203512_716507171788732_9119018718553330703_o.jpg

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I suspect I'll only be able to get you guys SO hype for Sunday morning's rocket launch today (apparently there's bigger news today?!?!)

But in case you're interested, NASA/SpaceX have released their Press Kit , full of cool stuff like the mission overview, a moment-by-moment description of how things should happen during the mission (including a timeline and fairly in-depth descriptions), and all sorts of other cool stuff about the Dragon, Falcon, ISS, NASA, SpaceX, the launch facility - everything you'd need to know to write your own generic article about the event! :P

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

i mean

even if that's true

which it isn't, the queens guard carry real loaded guns they're not purely ceremonial, see that pointy thing on the end of it?

yeah that'll fuck you up

what an eejit that guy is

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

Do you really want to incentivize people being in marriages they aren't all that into because there's a financial benefit, though?

Yes.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hey, it is a model! :D

61005_red_dwarf.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Yes.

That's worked out great for the military, from the stories I hear.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

Yes.

That's worked out great for the military, from the stories I hear.

Still yes.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    wife really wants a grill but i think it will be a waste of money that we won't use very much. blah.
    Get a nice cheap little charcoal thing.

Low initial investment, and it's fun to cook with charcoal.

I kind of disagree. Buying a cheap charcoal grill because you're worried you won't use it much is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Charcoal such a pain in the ass, takes to long to heat up. Gotta buy and store bags of it.

A propane grill is faster than the oven or stovetop for cooking meats and it does a better job and it's fun. I say go all-in.

Charcoal tastes better and also is better though!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options

Yes.

Bad marriages are a net loss for society.

Trust me. My parents had one.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    If the next election cycle goes the way it looks like it will, I'm not sure how the republicans are going to bust up the current democratic coalition. Not with Trump shitting on Hispanic immigrants and not getting nearly the rebuke he should, with consistent losses in the realm of social progress, and tesions heating up over class and race.

At some point they're going to need to purge the toxic xenophobic and fundamentalist elements from the party so they can absorb the wealthy moderates from the democrats. There are a lot of city-dwelling, wealthy, semi-boot-strappy, socially progressive democrats who aren't thrilled with the party's stance on labor or who just plain want to keep more of their own money.

I don't disagree with this reasoning at all, and I hope you're right. I would much rather have a Republican party that is more moderate so I can vote for actual liberal Democratic candidates in the future.

That being said, I feel like people have been saying "the Republican party as we know it is dying" or something similar since the Tea Party became a thing, and I haven't really seen evidence of that happening yet.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    yeah but fuck tax incentivizing home ownership lol fuck that shit so hard

end tangent

poo
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    original.jpg?w=800&h

• Options
    if they were ceremonial they'd carry prettier guns not standard issue

the prettier guns are also still guns

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Yes.

Wait

Should I be getting married for financial reasons?

I mean, I know I've offered my sham-marriage services for immigration purposes, but I hadn't considered a sham marriage for financial purposes ...

*strokes chin thoughtfully*

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Also do you want to make marriage need a lawyer? Bad for the poor.

If marriage is good for society then we can afford to fund a public servant to explain a prenup to people getting married.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Don't fuck with ceremonial guards, you morons!

They don't get those postings because they're pushovers.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

i mean

even if that's true

which it isn't, the queens guard carry real loaded guns they're not purely ceremonial, see that pointy thing on the end of it?

yeah that'll fuck you up

what an eejit that guy is

Dude's a soldier. He don't need a weapon to fuck you up, tourist.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm all about tax incentives to spur people into possibly quesitonable social ventures

That's what America was fuckin built on, really

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    there's no ceremonial weapons carried anywhere that aren't also still weapons

sufficiently pissing off a beefeater would not end well even if he hasn't got a gun

a67e1620cec93cdd4036ec1684b3b64d.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

Yes.

ur not thinking properly

before i could only have one bad marriage, but now i can marry like 20 waifus and husbandos and give them all bad marriages! my ability to ruin lives is dramaticaly boosted

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

end tangent
    I'm not entirely sure why you are mad.

• Options

Yes.

Irrelevant unless you want to argue that the majority of marriages are bad.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Eddy wrote: »
    I'm all about tax incentives to spur people into possibly quesitonable social ventures

That's what America was fuckin built on, really

It worked in the Victorian era. What could possibly go wrong?

edit: :(

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

end tangent
    I'm not entirely sure why you are mad.

it's dumb and isn't actually good for the economy
    shit's purely political

poo
  • Options
    I think my favorite guard videos are from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Those dudes are hardcore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdHxUXf2CE

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Yes.

Irrelevant unless you want to argue that the majority of marriages are bad.

I would argue that the majority of marriages based entirely on financial benefits are bad, yes.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I suspect I'll only be able to get you guys SO hype for Sunday morning's rocket launch today (apparently there's bigger news today?!?!)

But in case you're interested, NASA/SpaceX have released their Press Kit , full of cool stuff like the mission overview, a moment-by-moment description of how things should happen during the mission (including a timeline and fairly in-depth descriptions), and all sorts of other cool stuff about the Dragon, Falcon, ISS, NASA, SpaceX, the launch facility - everything you'd need to know to write your own generic article about the event! :P

I'm paying attention! I'm super excited about what SpaceX is doing!

This discussion has been closed.