As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the [Movie] Thread! It lives! It dies! It lives again!

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Movies are a part of history.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Not future movies.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    If you have your character compare themselves to Kunta Kinte, and by extension your work compares their struggle to Kunta Kinte's

You

You know what I'm not sure where I can take that. I want to say something smart but where the fuck do you even go when you draw parallels between Peter Griffin as a Stuffed Animal and Roots?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    If you have your character compare themselves to Kunta Kinte, and by extension your work compares their struggle to Kunta Kinte's

You

You know what I'm not sure where I can take that. I want to say something smart but where the fuck do you even go when you draw parallels between Peter Griffin as a Stuffed Animal and Roots?

I mean if it's played as absurdity, like it's obvious that you're supposed to think it's ridiculous and that's where the humor comes from, it can potentially work if handled right

If it's somehow played straight or even doesn't push it far enough, then yeah...sounds like shit

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Remember when Epic Rap Battles of History was actually about historical figures?

i mean you are agreeing to watch something titled "epic rap battles of history"

so

do you really have any right to complain

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Remember when Epic Rap Battles of History was actually about historical figures?

i mean you are agreeing to watch something titled "epic rap battles of history"

so

do you really have any right to complain

You know what

That's a fair point

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    ERB is pretty good most of the time, though.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    We just got back from Inside Out.

That was a very good movie, and also had some of the best visual metaphors for depression I can imagine. The story about the growing complexity of our emotional well-being as we age, the way memories color each other, the concept of
    forgetting what it's like to feel joy, or to care about family and the other things you used to love
    , all of it was just so good

And Joy may be one of the best character designs I've ever seen for how much she communicates in as few details as possible

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I just

That movie ends with her
    basically becoming omnipotent and omniscient

how do you make a sequel about that
    blank, what if I told you

there were multiple universes

with multiple lucys

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I just

That movie ends with her
    basically becoming omnipotent and omniscient

how do you make a sequel about that
    blank, what if I told you

there were multiple universes

with multiple lucys
    That said
    The movie did end with Lucy giving Morgan Freeman the USB Drive of Everything. So maybe the sequel will deal with what was on it, and maybe giving what Lucy had to everyone so they can also evolve?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So apparently people are getting upset with Jurassic World about the line "There's a Pachy out of containment" in because it sounds like an ethnic slur against Pakistani people, and they haven't heard of a Pachycephalosaur

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    People, no! There are so many other, better things to get upset with Jurassic World about!

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    CIdr4cXVAAA0buY.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Lucy 2 has been confirmed to be in development

how do you make a sequel to that
    36 And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the devil—for, behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency;

37 And they were thrust down, and thus came the devil and his angels;

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is it ever explored why or how a bunch of like, Chinese thugs were producing a drug that would turn you into God

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is it ever explored why or how a bunch of like, Chinese thugs were producing a drug that would turn you into God

Ancient Chinese Secret

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I enjoy that you in no way clarify what you are talking about

maybe its a movie

maybe not

who knows

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Ancient Chinese Secret

tumblr_mi39tfuQYI1qdj7i6o1_500.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Ancient Chinese Secret

Wait a minute? Calgon!

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Ancient Chinese Secret

Wait a minute? Calgon!

So that's how you do bath salts.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    A steak! wrote: »

Ancient Chinese Secret

Wait a minute? Calgon!

So that's how you do bath salts.

Don't eat people, Duck.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    The last twenty minutes of Inside Out was basically nonstop tears for me.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Finally got around to seeing Jurassic World.

It was super terrible but still pretty fun. Not quite enough to balance it out though. I would not be upset if I never saw it again.

• Options
    I'm sort of having movie whiplash

I went Fury Road -> Jurassic World -> Inside Out

From great to terrible to great

On the plus side the greats are super great

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm sort of having movie whiplash

I went Fury Road -> Jurassic World -> Inside Out

From great to terrible to great

On the plus side the greats are super great

Weird. That was my exact experience.

Although before that I went from It Follows to Avengers to Fury Road, and that was a nice classic, good but not exceptional, classic pattern.

You seen It Follows? Maybe the best movie I've seen this year. Fierce competition, mind.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Screw it I'll check out Terminator Genysis or whatever it's called.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    dang so i just watched gone girl

that is not at all what i was expecting hot damn

i don't think it was an amazing film but each time i thought i'd figured it out they were like haha nope

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh man

John Wick was great

• Options
    I have not seen It Follows or anything about it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'm finally going to go see Jurassic World tomorrow.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I have not seen It Follows or anything about it

Oh, man. It Follows is so good. It's... well, it's a horror movie. Brilliant shot framing. Tension like anything. And a soundtrack that just oozes timeless style.

It's a sleep with the lights on kind of movie, too. So good.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Screw it I'll check out Terminator Genysis or whatever it's called.

noooooo don't give it moneyyyyy

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    What year is is It Follows set in? Because I was watching it, and it feels like a period piece, and then a character whips out a cellphone.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Oh man

John Wick was great

So great!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so they were showing the Blues Brothers at the revival cinema near my house, which I'd never seen

turns out the Blues Brothers is a pretty incredible movie

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Blues brothers is the best movie musical ever

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so they were showing the Blues Brothers at the revival cinema near my house, which I'd never seen

turns out the Blues Brothers is a pretty incredible movie

Ehhhhhhhh

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    What year is is It Follows set in? Because I was watching it, and it feels like a period piece, and then a character whips out a cellphone.

modern day, it's just that the suuuuper john carpenter score + the very deliberate, slow camera work + the dilapidated detroit aesthetic are very purposefully evoking the America of like 70s/80s horror movies

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.