As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Bubbles on B, Flaming Warlocks, and Invisible, Interpretive Dance.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Peregrine Greaves
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Heart of the Praxic Fire
    Red Death
    Exotic Helmet Engram

Ooooo peregrine greaves
    I want those
    sigh
    not home until late Sunday

They should allow for buying from Xur off the app. It would then be in your mailbox. But I'm sure they are horrified at the idea of not FORCING people to play on Friday/Saturday.

@shoeboxjeddy come over here, guardian

I wish I could remote play
    maybe I could but I unplugged everything before I left

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    For anyone in the100 site for the Nightfall, I got held up (plus also apparently didn't quite understand how the site worked) so my apologies if I was not there. Totally need to figure out exactly how it works :?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    @IDDQD @DevoutlyApathetic PSN seems to me down for me. Hopefully it'll come back up soon.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I was just lagging hard on basic inventory stuff in the tower. Rebooting to see if that fixes things.

Edit: Fixing things is the opposite of what I just did. Now I can't log into Destiny though I appear to have online friends so PSN isn't my issue.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Also of note anyone on PS4 please feel free to shoot me a friend request if you are so inclined so that we might shoot aliens and mans together.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    @metaghost Just looked again and Nadda

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Tabin wrote: »
    metaghost Just looked again and Nadda

:(

It makes you feel any better, I only ride my Timebreakers because going fast is way better than rolling around like an idiot.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Uh... anyone else on PS4 getting the "Destiny servers are not available" message?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Uh... anyone else on PS4 getting the "Destiny servers are not available" message?

PSN is down.

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    It does not bother me to much. I just bought 2 bikes the other day because i was at vanguard cap and upgraded them today.

• Options
    Tabin wrote: »
    It does not bother me to much. I just bought 2 bikes the other day because i was at vanguard cap and upgraded them today.

Excellent.

Glad to have been of service.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

PSN is down.

Oh. Well uh, that will do it I guess.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I am not happy about the year 1 reward because i just got my first dead orbit shader last week.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna take a break from the Witcher 3 tomorrow to get some Destiny in. My goal is 3 etheric lights starting tomorrow morning. I have a 34 Warlock and am up for whatever/Trials/PoE (exept drinking a Bud Light).

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    "We're not talking about that..."

Despite my snide tag line there are some interesting bits in that interview. Though note, that is exactly how you handle those kind of press inquiries though he should have varied up the language a little bit so it wasn't so obvious.

This is worlds away from that Eurogamer interview. One of the more interesting responses in that interview:
    Smith: We’re not discussing anything about potential iterations to the checkpointing system. We’re thinking about all that stuff. We want as many players to be able to engage with the Destiny endgame as possible. I think that some of the things you pointed out earlier about the economy simplifications we’ve made are a broad stroke in that direction. We want to continue to make the game more friendly for all players. What we want is to compress the delta between a fresh player and here so that more people can play together. The game’s about playing with other people. You need to embrace that as much as you can.
    I'm curious how they plan to do this. In the base there is a frustratingly long gap between the end of the campaign and the next bit of new content, Vault of Glass. And every expansion places things like the weekly strikes and nightfalls and Iron Banner events further out of reach of the non-light level cap.

I've got a friend I'd love to play Destiny with, but he refuses to grind for hours and hours to hit the minimum level cap for the raid, and I can't blame him. That grind sucks.
    Smith: The thing that—it’s like breaking into jail, in a bunch of ways. If we continue to make all the content super-relevant in the moment to all players, what we’ve done is created a wide swath of stuff for you to do, but we’ve also now potentially psychologically encumbered players so they feel paralyzed. With stuff like the Crota’s End and Vault of Glass, we would love to find a way to bring those into the fold in a temporary fashion. But that falls underneath the we’re not talking about it yet… The focus this fall for raiding, we want people to focus on the new raid. We want you to get in there and have a great time.
    This does not leave me optimistic.

"Temporary fashion". Here's an idea. Let higher level players buy a "deputize" consumable item that they can apply to their Fireteam. For one activity, everyone in the Fireteam is that Light Level (unless they're naturally higher, then they keep their own level). This doesn't effect the "Attack" rating on guns, so don't deputize a level 2 or something dumb like that, but it DOES allow a 29 to join a 32 Nightfall and actually contribute to their skill level.

• Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    Yay! With Red Death my vanilla/Crota Exotic Weapon collection is now complete!

Still missing from the Vanilla/Crota Exotic Armor Collection - No Backup Plans, Glasshouse, Helm of Inmost Light, Radiant Dance Machines

I'm annoyed as I have but six motes of light... six... this means no chances at Glasshouse, Helm of Inmost Light, Ram or Nighthawk this week; this also means that, yes, over 200 were spent creating my Shortgaze-Hidden Hand-Snapshot-Unflinching Her Benevolence which will be cursed tomorrow in Trials... CURSED I SAY!

• Options
    Is there any point in doing the 28 PoE instead of strikes if you dont have a key for the last chest?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Is there any point in doing the 28 PoE instead of strikes if you dont have a key for the last chest?

there are still the two side chests so you'd get engrams and strange coin and stuff

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Doesn't that equal out to the same thing as the end rewards from a strike? Or do the side chests have better drops?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Getting real tired of losing firefights purely because I don't own Thorn

Did a gamble on the exotic helm, was kinda excited to get my first.

Skullfort

Screw you too Destiny.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    SKULLFORT looks awesome!

I am very vain though
    I cannot be one of those biped who mix different sets to min/max their stats

I must wear full, matching sets whenever possible, except the exotic slot

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

Really, REALLY shitty unique rep gain?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    @GMaster7

Can these go in the OP?
    I'm catching up on e3 stuff
    https://youtu.be/Et8T9ZYN-Y8

https://youtu.be/sarwd26Ab38

https://youtu.be/EConkLU3Kgw

I cannot wait for the taken king

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    SKULLFORT looks awesome!

I am very vain though
    I cannot be one of those biped who mix different sets to min/max their stats

I must wear full, matching sets whenever possible, except the exotic slot

Yeah, it'd be awesomer if I had a Titan to actually use it.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

I've had better luck getting keys from the 2 chests the end of arena then waiting for wolves hunt and the 1 chest

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »

I've had better luck getting keys from the 2 chests the end of arena then waiting for wolves hunt and the 1 chest

Pretty much all of my keys have been from turning in the bounties, not collecting the chests afterwards.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    @DevoutlyApathetic Flynt and I are both in game if PSN is back up for you.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Anyone down for thorns of thornsiris? I'm on ps4 right now trying to get a crew. Msg gaderen if interested.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I should do that summoning pits strike and start the Thorn bounty.

• Options
    Finally got online. What are people up to tonight? PoEs? Raids? PvP? Let's get some groups going!

• Options
    Well just joined a wave 4 prison run, finished it and got Ruin Wings.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    3ntMzR9.jpg
    My first attempt, I leaned a lot putting this together, and it turned out surprisingly ok for my very first foam build attempt ever. I think I can knock out another one in less time tomorrow, and I think I know where to make some cutting and sizing adjustments for next time.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Finally got online. What are people up to tonight? PoEs? Raids? PvP? Let's get some groups going!
    If it lets me in I am down for any Raids or PoEs. That in fact would be super~

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Mentioned this in the other thread, but I'm looking for XB1 folks who want to try to make a trip to Mercury tomorrow through Trials. I added a game here for reference.
    https://www.the100.io/game/199332

Let's do it!

• Options
    Anyone for PoE 32? Not having much luck on the destinylfg site.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Had an absolutely miserable Trials run, and did a weekly to get some coins to turn to motes. Cashed in everything I possibly could and bought three helmet engrams from Xur hoping for a Nighthawk. First one, Helm of Inmost Light. Second, Apotheosis Veil. Fuck. Third one, motherfuckin' Celestial Nighthawk. The night wasn't a waste after all.

• Options
    I recently learned that primary weapons only drop on HM Crota, and the secondary weapons only on NM Crota.

Is there anything like that for armor drops in VoG? I remember back in the day you could only get the helmet in HM VoG, but other than that the other armor pieces drop in both NM and HM correct?

I'd really like to get the warlock VoG armor before TTK drops. Still my favorite armor set in the game.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'd be up for some Xbox One Trials this weekend!

...but I wouldn't really count on a Mercury visit.

• Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Anyone up for trials on Ps4?

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    I recently learned that primary weapons only drop on HM Crota, and the secondary weapons only on NM Crota.

Is there anything like that for armor drops in VoG? I remember back in the day you could only get the helmet in HM VoG, but other than that the other armor pieces drop in both NM and HM correct?

I'd really like to get the warlock VoG armor before TTK drops. Still my favorite armor set in the game.
    http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_of_Glass