As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arris Surfboard issue.

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
So, I just bought a new wireless card, router, and an Arris Surfboard SB6141 for my apartment. The router and the card work great, my only issue is that the Surfboard isn't getting or transferring any internet signal to the router. I attached my old Cisco that I'm renting from Comcast and everything works fine that way. Any thoughts?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    You need to call your ISP and have them update your account to use your new modem.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    You need to call your ISP and have them update your account to use your new modem.

Ohhhh. Update how?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »

Ohhhh. Update how?

Call them and tell them you have your own modem. Assuming it meets the standards of their service (likely DOCSIS 3.0 or greater), they'll see an unknown device (your modem) and update their end so it's an approved device and will work normally.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Esh wrote: »

Ohhhh. Update how?

Call them and tell them you have your own modem. Assuming it meets the standards of their service (likely DOCSIS 3.0 or greater), they'll see an unknown device (your modem) and update their end so it's an approved device and will work normally.

Thank you! Like a charm.