As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gay Marriage is now legal in the United States [chat]

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I played a bit of Smite on my Xbox, and the I was a little bit embarrassed by all the boobs.

speaking of boobs I saw so many boobs this weekend

so. many. boobs.

Attended a nudist wedding?

Biker rally

technically a charity motorcycle run for a local zoo put on by a local MC every year

in practice excuse to drink free tap beer for three days, listen to some decent live musics and, apparently, see all the boobs

Where is and can I blend in on an old Schwinn?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    HOTS isn't super bad about the cheesecake, but there is some. Kerrigan has a succubus skin, Zageara has a skin that sexualizes her for some reason and Sonya's default skin is a little bit as well. Nova has a skintight suit but that is canon anyways. At least Johanna doesn't have anything. Not even boob plate.

Sonya's is more or less canon as well - that's largely the starting look or sample look for Barbs in D3 as is Johanna's for the Crusader.

Also, there are perfectly fine canon reasons for the insectoid skin

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i am a big fan of shia labeouf
    best performance artist

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable I just finished watching the Kevin Steen: Descent into Madness set from ROH. Holy fuck were some of those matches violent.

awesome. I should try and get that, I really haven't seen much of him outside of what he's done lately. I saw him once or twice earlier but I totally missed the meat of the generico feud.

It is great blood feud stuff. I also picked up a Bruan Danielson DVD set and it is also great but totally on the opposite end. Just great technical wrestling.

I have a good amount of danielson stuff luckily, mostly from the earlier part of his career

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Fuzzy we must part ways on this; I can't stand the beef. His face aggravates me.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    someone has a similar name to me and is posting in a thread
    and people are calling him fuzzy

;_;

you will always be the guy whose name I would confuse with my old name
    omg its been so long that I only remember you as wash

the last one was so long they wouldn't let me keep it when they moved the forum
    you were in the long name club I remember this
    which one was you

my money is furry flopsy bunny friend?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    My friend is trying to organise "JRPG July", where you try and beat a JRPG you've never played within the month

Maybe I should actually try and finish one of them Final Fantasy games people seem to like so much

Final Fantasy IV (or, as I call it, "II") is one I enjoy a lot and remains a standout pick because it its playtime is humane.

I was looking at either this or Final Fantasy V, which is the one Shivahn and a few others here seem to dig

also it has mechs I think which is an instant bonus point

@simonwolf ALERT ALERT Shiv and others dig VI, not V. Vi is a very excellent game but V falls very much in the category of "for enthusiasts only" and possibly in the even narrower category of "for enthusiasts who are also masochists only." The most absolutely neutral, factual thing I can say about V is that coming in between two entries that hugely innovated storytelling in video games in general (not just JRPGs) it made the interesting decision to deemphasize story down to a very bare-bones sketch in favor of a leveling mechanic with a lot of moving parts.

I love the Final Fantasy series, but V is one of my least favorites. twas dull.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Variable I just finished watching the Kevin Steen: Descent into Madness set from ROH. Holy fuck were some of those matches violent.

awesome. I should try and get that, I really haven't seen much of him outside of what he's done lately. I saw him once or twice earlier but I totally missed the meat of the generico feud.

It is great blood feud stuff. I also picked up a Bruan Danielson DVD set and it is also great but totally on the opposite end. Just great technical wrestling.

I have a good amount of danielson stuff luckily, mostly from the earlier part of his career

Yeah my next ROH order is going to be focused on picking up more Danielson stuff.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fuzzy we must part ways on this; I can't stand the beef. His face aggravates me.

n-n-n-n-n-nononononono no no no

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I played a bit of Smite on my Xbox, and the I was a little bit embarrassed by all the boobs.

speaking of boobs I saw so many boobs this weekend

so. many. boobs.

Attended a nudist wedding?

Biker rally

technically a charity motorcycle run for a local zoo put on by a local MC every year

in practice excuse to drink free tap beer for three days, listen to some decent live musics and, apparently, see all the boobs

Where is and can I blend in on an old Schwinn?

On a farm that one of the guys in Prometheus owns about 20 minutes outside of Fergus Falls, MN

Yes, but it's going to require some... modifications

actually it's open to the public iirc and there's no requirement that you have a motorcycle (I definitely don't) but generally speaking you'd have to know someone in one of the local MCs (or know someone who know's someone etc) or you'd never find out about it or be able to buy tickets because it's all done in person

• Options
    Faris was rad though.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Orphane wrote: »

Reminds me a little of Frontier Psychiatrist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

Gim on
  • Options
    Noooooo SiG :(

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    After listening to Let it Go in several different languages, I like Swedish less now, and Finnish more.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    He was white as a sheet and:
    1. he also laid false teeth
    2. he also made false teeth

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Also, thanks to the video that started all this, I now know about this language.
    Catalan (/ˈkætəlæn/;[4] autonym: català [kətəˈɫa] or [kataˈɫa]) is a Romance language named for its origins in Catalonia, in what is northeastern Spain and adjoining parts of France. It is the national and only official language of Andorra,[5] and a co-official language of the Spanish autonomous communities of Catalonia, the Balearic Islands, and the Valencian Community (where the language is known as Valencian, and there exist regional standards)

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    omg flopsy our beloved furry floppy bunny friend
    hahahahaa
    god i loved the tube names we all got

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    but finnish isn't a real language, it is the mad utterings of those in the thrall of a Great One

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I'm sure you all have heard but the guy who "linked" autism to vaccines has been found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the torso after his offices got raided.

I would extend my sympathies to the family but they apparently already have a kickstarter fund going to find "the truth" before a coroners report has even come out.

I am strangely unmoved.

• Options
    i think shia is hot in a really gross way
    like the same way pitbull is kind of hot
    BF agrees with me on this
    like ew why are you attractive

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Noooooo SiG :(

I got scared for a sec but at least it was requested

• Options
    I am sorry someone took their own life but am glad that person can no longer actively damage basically society.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    My friend is trying to organise "JRPG July", where you try and beat a JRPG you've never played within the month

Maybe I should actually try and finish one of them Final Fantasy games people seem to like so much

Final Fantasy IV (or, as I call it, "II") is one I enjoy a lot and remains a standout pick because it its playtime is humane.

I was looking at either this or Final Fantasy V, which is the one Shivahn and a few others here seem to dig

also it has mechs I think which is an instant bonus point

@simonwolf ALERT ALERT Shiv and others dig VI, not V. Vi is a very excellent game but V falls very much in the category of "for enthusiasts only" and possibly in the even narrower category of "for enthusiasts who are also masochists only." The most absolutely neutral, factual thing I can say about V is that coming in between two entries that hugely innovated storytelling in video games in general (not just JRPGs) it made the interesting decision to deemphasize story down to a very bare-bones sketch in favor of a leveling mechanic with a lot of moving parts.

I love the Final Fantasy series, but V is one of my least favorites. twas dull.

Oddly I think FFV was the last traditional FF I made it all the way through

I mean I kind of consider what I did in FFXIV finishing it (all classes I cared about to max level and geared but no raiding because fuck raiding without a constant group) but it's an MMO so different beast entirely

But yeah I have not finished a "proper" FF game since finishing V on the GBA probably ten years ago

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    the gimmicks in this era of this wrestling company were so dumb and great

italian guy who just straight up comes out to the song from rocky. no sugar coating.

guy named colt cabana comes out to copa cabana

I've been on a weird Max Landis kick the last few days

and while I'll probably never get into wrestling

that video he did - Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - left me feeling like I missed out

Eh.

It's been a good long while since I've been into wrestling but a good chunk of it was during the period covered in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Wrestling storylines can be pretty fun but they can also be drowned out by lousy storylines and/or feel like they're just spinning their wheels a lot of the time.

I'd say that there is a very real talent in being able to condense a period of time in an entertaining way. Most of the time, wrestling isn't as entertaining storywise as what Max Landis put together. Being able to go back and see the long-term arcs (and shuffle events around to best suit your narrative structure) is a lot cleaner than keeping tabs on events between major PPVs usually.

As much as I respect Max Landis (Chronicle is a fantastic piece of writing), I thought his Wrestling isn't Wrestling thing was kinda bullcrap as the story he talked about just wasn't actually that interesting and from any wrestling I've seen, not very well told anyway.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    hahahahaa

I thought the name changes were temporary when I posted in Tube's thread

I guess 4 years is sorta temporary

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    HOTS isn't super bad about the cheesecake, but there is some. Kerrigan has a succubus skin, Zageara has a skin that sexualizes her for some reason and Sonya's default skin is a little bit as well. Nova has a skintight suit but that is canon anyways. At least Johanna doesn't have anything. Not even boob plate.

Yeah, HOTS has some but for the most part it's cheesecake is imported from the franchises it's stealing from.

• Options
    but finnish isn't a real language, it is the mad utterings of those in the thrall of a Great One

It's quite melodic regardless.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    I am sorry someone took their own life but am glad that person can no longer actively damage basically society.

Considering he made quite a living for himself selling snake oil "cures" to anti-vaxxers, I would consider it a net good.

My wife is an advocate for suicide prevention and her determination is that they probably found some very bad shit in his office. I have never heard her use the word "coward" towards someone who takes their own life in all the years I've known her, but she didn't hesitate this time.

• Options
    edited June 2015

italian guy who just straight up comes out to the song from rocky. no sugar coating.

that video he did - Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - left me feeling like I missed out

Eh.

It's been a good long while since I've been into wrestling but a good chunk of it was during the period covered in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Wrestling storylines can be pretty fun but they can also be drowned out by lousy storylines and/or feel like they're just spinning their wheels a lot of the time.

I'd say that there is a very real talent in being able to condense a period of time in an entertaining way. Most of the time, wrestling isn't as entertaining storywise as what Max Landis put together. Being able to go back and see the long-term arcs (and shuffle events around to best suit your narrative structure) is a lot cleaner than keeping tabs on events between major PPVs usually.

I want Landis to do more but he is super busy

this guy is selling scripts like crazy, he basically has the career I want

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    hahahahaa

Has it been that long?

• Options
    If Nova was in another MOBA I bet there would be a swimsuit skin by now.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Eh.

As much as I respect Max Landis (Chronicle is a fantastic piece of writing), I thought his Wrestling isn't Wrestling thing was kinda bullcrap as the story he talked about just wasn't actually that interesting and from any wrestling I've seen, not very well told anyway.

The storyline itself wasn't that interesting but the sheer gusto and enthusiasm with which he presented it made it work (for me, anyhow). He did, indeed, take quite a few liberties (but copped to it at the end so whatevs).

• Options
    Max Landis claims to have written around 90 feature scripts, and has sold 22, all before age 30

that is insane

that is insane

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

as awesome as the video is, it is a very ... manufactured way of looking at the stories they tell. sometimes things work out beautifully but you are never -actually- watching an epic story play out over the course of a career. the motivations behind the character of triple h were not, top to bottom, remotely as coherent as he makes it out to be.

that being said I love waht he did with it and the emotions that he brings up are absolutely a part of watching wrestling. it is grand and cartoonish all at once.

• Options
    If Nova was in another MOBA I bet there would be a swimsuit skin by now.

Nova and Samus lesbo action.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    hahahahaa

Has it been that long?

I've been Wash for 4-5 years. Fluffy before that. And, for like a year and a half, my original name which no one remembers.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    God I want a new name. I hate this goddamned name.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    hahahahaa

Has it been that long?

I've been Wash for 4-5 years. Fluffy before that. And, for like a year and a half, my original name which no one remembers.

edgewood right

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Max Landis claims to have written around 90 feature scripts, and has sold 22, all before age 30

that is insane

that is insane

That's crazy. I'd be happy if I wrote one good script and someone bothered looking at it.

• Options
    the one that was before time remembers all things

This discussion has been closed.