As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gay Marriage is now legal in the United States [chat]

19495969798100»

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Honestly, people have had so many name changes it's hard to keep track of who everyone is.

Good to know Wash is Fluffy/Edgewood.

James have you ever changed your avatar or have you been Peter Fonda for over 9 years?

I can only remember Fonda

also it is good to see you

I have had many avatars over the years, including a T-Rex in a labcoat (courtesy of SMBC) and and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. But I've always returned to Fonda (thanks Gim!)

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    what was cass's original name

shit

Wasn't it Dread Pirate Cassandra?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    the gimmicks in this era of this wrestling company were so dumb and great

italian guy who just straight up comes out to the song from rocky. no sugar coating.

guy named colt cabana comes out to copa cabana

I've been on a weird Max Landis kick the last few days

and while I'll probably never get into wrestling

that video he did - Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - left me feeling like I missed out

Eh.

It's been a good long while since I've been into wrestling but a good chunk of it was during the period covered in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Wrestling storylines can be pretty fun but they can also be drowned out by lousy storylines and/or feel like they're just spinning their wheels a lot of the time.

I'd say that there is a very real talent in being able to condense a period of time in an entertaining way. Most of the time, wrestling isn't as entertaining storywise as what Max Landis put together. Being able to go back and see the long-term arcs (and shuffle events around to best suit your narrative structure) is a lot cleaner than keeping tabs on events between major PPVs usually.

As much as I respect Max Landis (Chronicle is a fantastic piece of writing), I thought his Wrestling isn't Wrestling thing was kinda bullcrap as the story he talked about just wasn't actually that interesting and from any wrestling I've seen, not very well told anyway.

The storyline itself wasn't that interesting but the sheer gusto and enthusiasm with which he presented it made it work (for me, anyhow). He did, indeed, take quite a few liberties (but copped to it at the end so whatevs).

Oh, Landis presents it well. But his thesis is wrong imo. He is dressing up a pig.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    simonwolf wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    simon im afraid kanye is coming for ur phd

KWcGQCY.jpg

This post was a treat

Yeah I'm sure you love it when it's not just you giving me shit

Kanye sent you a tweet about which anime is best? That's awesome.

Edit: pointless extra removed.

spool32 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    "loveland" sounds like a discount handjob warehouse

My first job was working the Christmas rush in Loveland. I'm still unable to step inside one of those places

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    loveland is the city where i work it's ok i guess

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    While I can certainly understand not wanting to be directly associated with MLP:FIM because the adult fans are insane, I think that people tend to hate on it a bit much.

It's a very inoffensive children's program.

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I played a bit of Smite on my Xbox, and the I was a little bit embarrassed by all the boobs.

I groan every time I see a sexy skin in a MOBA. I groan a lot.

This is the character they give you for the tutorial.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/14/mar/smite4.jpg

They bounce.

Is she doing a cat ear dance? :(

she's doing caramelldansen i'm pretty sure

Oh god this reminds me

so when @Spool32 and @Belasco32 and the boys and I went and saw Age of Ultron, we saw it at a theatre where the roll a long thing of clips from videos that are relevant to whatever movie you're seeing in place of the commercials that usually come before the previews. Usually they're funny and interesting.

well

This one played the entire Avengers caramelldansen video, and like.... no one.... knew what it was. None of my family knew what it was. Most of the audience was clearly confused. I had to explain caramelldansen (while dancing and singing along, ofc) to my family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdEx87fY04w

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular

italian guy who just straight up comes out to the song from rocky. no sugar coating.

that video he did - Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - left me feeling like I missed out

Eh.

It's been a good long while since I've been into wrestling but a good chunk of it was during the period covered in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Wrestling storylines can be pretty fun but they can also be drowned out by lousy storylines and/or feel like they're just spinning their wheels a lot of the time.

I'd say that there is a very real talent in being able to condense a period of time in an entertaining way. Most of the time, wrestling isn't as entertaining storywise as what Max Landis put together. Being able to go back and see the long-term arcs (and shuffle events around to best suit your narrative structure) is a lot cleaner than keeping tabs on events between major PPVs usually.

As much as I respect Max Landis (Chronicle is a fantastic piece of writing), I thought his Wrestling isn't Wrestling thing was kinda bullcrap as the story he talked about just wasn't actually that interesting and from any wrestling I've seen, not very well told anyway.

The storyline itself wasn't that interesting but the sheer gusto and enthusiasm with which he presented it made it work (for me, anyhow). He did, indeed, take quite a few liberties (but copped to it at the end so whatevs).

Oh, Landis presents it well. But his thesis is wrong imo. He is dressing up a pig.

Kind of. Wrestling story lines are garbage. I think he's more enthused by the characters and I have to agree with him on that.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

shit

for some reason I was thinking that was her first changed name but I guess it just went from that to arbuthnot or whatever.

no wonder I couldn't remember what came before that

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

Eh.

but in the end that pig looks goooooooooooood

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I have known Choco since I was 12 years old, 4 years before I started posting on the forum, and sometimes I still refer to him irl as Choco

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 2.5

@simonwolf will create the new thread
    @Pony is backup

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

shit

for some reason I was thinking that was her first changed name but I guess it just went from that to arbuthnot or whatever.

no wonder I couldn't remember what came before that

The Good Captain Cass. And before that she was just plain Cass, but we called her Cassie.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    419091630_5Tiv4-1050x10000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.