As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Really hoping Warren Ellis can do for Karnak what he did for Moon Knight.

Though, seeing as how Moon Knight hasn't been announced for ANAD yet, maybe I shouldn't be so hasty.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Though, seeing as how Moon Knight hasn't been announced for ANAD yet, maybe I shouldn't be so hasty.
    I'm kind of really bummed it hasn't been

it could be one of the group of 5-15 titles they haven't revealed but Alonso said there were plans for MK after Bunn's arc so if that turns out to have just not been true or something that fell apart I'm gonna be grumpy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited to start reading Miles in the main universe. It'll be an interesting dynamic with him slowly getting to know this universe and how it differs from his.

Maybe they'll follow up on Pete looking up Miles in this universe, since it never did show us what he found.

miles-morales-earth-616.jpg

I want to know!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited to start reading Miles in the main universe. It'll be an interesting dynamic with him slowly getting to know this universe and how it differs from his.

Maybe they'll follow up on Pete looking up Miles in this universe, since it never did show us what he found.

miles-morales-earth-616.jpg

I want to know!
    Bendis has said his intent was to introduce him in the Spider-Men sequel as an adult and have him become Peter's best friend and a major supporting cast member but those plans fell through due to Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Verse and Secret Wars so it probably has just been dropped

CYpGAPn.png
    Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Maybe they'll still touch on it since that plot dropped.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So as much talk that's been given about ASM.

Taking a moment to think about it, I'm not actually worried about Dan Slott actual writing on ASM.

This seems like a natural extension from what he wanted to do with Big Time, which is a theme he knocked out of the park.

So I think this has the best chance of peak Slott, instead of Gross Slott.

Transporter on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is Unbeatable Squirrel Girl still around

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Is Unbeatable Squirrel Girl still around

No, probably not

6F32U1X.png
    Nuts to that

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Nuts to that

Did you ask just so you could make this joke

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Yeah - Moon Knight and Squirrel Girl both missing bums me out. It kind of sucks because the books that interest me the most in the newly announced stuff also focus on smaller characters and it feels that I'm probably going to see at least half of what I start reading get cancelled by Spring.

I asked this in the other thread but it got eaten up by other stuff. What can anyone tell me about the artist on the New Avengers? I'm a bit concerned by the cover...

Taking a moment to think about it, I'm not actually worried about Dan Slott actual writing on ASM.

This seems like a natural extension from what he wanted to do with Big Time, which is a theme he knocked out of the park.

So I think this has the best chance of the return of peak Slott in awhile.
    I'm definitely gonna give it a shot but I'm a little worried

What I liked about Big Time was that he was still very much Spider-Man, in the traditional sense. He was working with people like Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Thing and an Avenger but he was worried about his family and juggling his job and living in NYC and whatnot. He was just better at it.

This new pitch straight up has him as Tony Stark, right down to the bodyguard cover story.

CYpGAPn.png
    All of the covers have been terrible, even the ones with good artists

I'm not gonna take any of them as representative

6F32U1X.png
    Nuts to that

Did you ask just so you could make this joke
    It was coincidental

c9PXgFo.jpg

Yeah - Moon Knight and Squirrel Girl both missing bums me out. It kind of sucks because the books that interest me the most in the newly announced stuff also focus on smaller characters and it feels that I'm probably going to see at least half of what I start reading get cancelled by Spring.

I asked this in the other thread but it got eaten up by other stuff. What can anyone tell me about the artist on the New Avengers? I'm a bit concerned by the cover...
    He's very Joe Mad inspired:
    CABLEXF2012013012-col-8bd6a.jpg
    guard30002014002003-col-109494.jpg
    5213d07755e68.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    A bunch of attractive white males flirting with each other?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Yay!

They'd been saying for a while they were just waiting for the right pitch

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

So I think this has the best chance of the return of peak Slott in awhile.
    I'm definitely gonna give it a shot but I'm a little worried

What I liked about Big Time was that he was still very much Spider-Man, in the traditional sense. He was working with people like Luke Cage and Iron Fist and Thing and an Avenger but he was worried about his family and juggling his job and living in NYC and whatnot. He was just better at it.

This new pitch straight up has him as Tony Stark, right down to the bodyguard cover story.

I honestly think that Peter Parker as kind of like Tony but with more of a moral centre would be a good thing

I have often considered Spider-Man to be, like, the cross between Iron Man and Cap. The intellect and power of Iron Man, combined with the ethics and restraint of Cap, plus a healthy dose of great fortitude. This takes him more towards Iron Man, but if he retains his strong moral sense and fights for the little, that would be Cap shining through.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    marvel isn't making a black widow movie

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

This is the twist of Lucy 2

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Even bad Slott stories are leagues better than anything we were getting during previous runs.

Slott has never given us an "Original Sin" or "Venom Scorpion" yet.

He also had the unfortunate job of picking up the pieces of One More Day, and did a pretty awesome job has not having it be terrible. He even made the idea of a dead Peter and body swapping with Doc Ock be a pretty awesome story.

At least Spider-Man hasn't been dragged through the mud in the same way the X-franchise has since probably "The Twelve".

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    -Tal wrote: »

I don't see why not

feige and johannsen have both said they'd be up for it

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    they're too busy making other movies that they believe will be more profitable

PNk1Ml4.png
    Even bad Slott stories are leagues better than anything we were getting during previous runs.

He also had the unfortunate job of picking up the pieces of One More Day, and did a pretty awesome job has not having it be terrible. He even made the idea of a dead Peter and body swapping with Doc Ock be a pretty awesome story.

At least Spider-Man hasn't been dragged through the mud in the same way the X-franchise has since probably "The Twelve".
    Huh

some of the best X-Men runs ever have happened since 2000

Astonishing by Whedon, New X-Men by Morrison (which I don't personally dig but others do), WatXM by Aaron, UXM by Gillen, UXF by Remender, etc.

CYpGAPn.png
    So, here are my guesses for the 10-15 books we'll see

Thunderbolts (Citizen V tease)
    Red Wolf (Red Wolf tease)
    Inhuman (Inferno tease)
    Gamora (talked about ages ago)
    Defenders (Netflix shows are gearing up, plus the way Mighty Avengers ended)
    Moon Knight (based on talk of stuff coming after Bunn's run)
    Black Widow (No way Marvel doesn't keep going with that, given she's probably the most well known woman Marvel has)
    Punisher (Showing up in Daredevil Season 2)
    Rocket Racoon (Still does pretty decently)

Stuff I hope comes back
    Silver Surfer
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Have they announced the movies for 2024 yet, might be a space for Black Widow

PSN- AHermano
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Speaking of which - is Iron Fist apparently done as well or did I overlook him somewhere?

Speaking of which - is Iron Fist apparently done as well or did I overlook him somewhere?
    Living Weapon is finished, yes, thank god

He hasn't shown up in any of the announced books so far but will likely be in a Netflix inspired Defenders series soon

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Huh

some of the best X-Men runs ever have happened since 2000

Astonishing by Whedon, New X-Men by Morrison (which I don't personally dig but others do), WatXM by Aaron, UXM by Gillen, UXF by Remender, etc.

I'll give you Astonishing, since that was the first time in forever the X-Men felt like superheroes and a family.

But while there have been some decent stories here and there, everything from new X-Men on has given us:

Xorneto
    An influx of terrible mutants just to pad the school background
    A team of really neat new recruits that were quickly killed off or forgotten
    Jubilee as a vampire
    Scott as a military leader and demonized as a villain after the Phoenix took him over
    Banshee killed off for shock value
    Snot powers horseman Gambit
    Beast hating Scott for reasons
    Schism (blech)
    M Day/Decimation
    Wolverine becoming the moral character of the X-Men (What? O_o)
    Everything by Milligan (he was responsible for snot Gambit)

The X-Men just haven't been heroes in a long time. The best things to happen since then are Astonishing X-Men, Exiles (R.I.P. Mimic), X-23, X-Men Legacy (When it revolved around Xavier), and New X-Men (when it was about Surge and the other new students, but that was quickly ruined by House of M and Decimation)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    I really like Jubilee as a Vampire. :(

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wolverine and the x-men was specifically about them as heroes.

and wolverine's journey to being the moral center of the x-men has been something growing for years and years. His whole entire deal is that he is the clint eastwood type who spits a big game and has a checkered past but in general always does the right thing.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The X-Men not being heroes is not the same as the X-Men being awful

It's actually part of why I've loved them

Jubilee as a Vampire has had her best character work in literal decades

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Like, these are all things I really enjoyed:
    Jubilee as a vampire
    Scott as a military leader and demonized as a villain after the Phoenix took him over
    Beast hating Scott for reasons
    Schism (blech)
    M Day/Decimation
    Wolverine becoming the moral character of the X-Men (What? O_o)

It sets up an atmosphere for the X-Men that actually kind of makes sense

And that's the best

edited June 2015
    Also
    M Day/Decimation
    was kind of intended to fix

Wasn't it? Get rid of all but the most core mutant characters?

Undead Scottsman on
    Langly wrote: »
    wolverine and the x-men was specifically about them as heroes.

and wolverine's journey to being the moral center of the x-men has been something growing for years and years. His whole entire deal is that he is the clint eastwood type who spits a big game and has a checkered past but in general always does the right thing.

I have enjoyed what they've done for Wolverine working to be a better person, that is until he decided he had no problem stabbing anyone who looked at him wrong yet was the golden hero of the X-Men, yet Scott kills Xavier while hopped up on Phoenix possession and the entire Marvel universe wants his head and acts as if he's Doctor Doom/Magneto.

This was after several stories where Logan gets possessed/brain washed and kills a bunch of dudes (including Northstar) and when fixed everyone was ok with it.

The hypocritical nature of the writing rubbed me the wrong way considering how much I love Cyclops.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    People just mad that a dude with one eye can see the right answer every time

2x39jD4.jpg
    Stan Lee is not on board with changing existing characters

He is of a mind that you should just make a new character instead of reinventing old ones

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.