As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 8th Annual Pre-PAX Pubcrawl... Formerly known as the TRI-WIZARD DRINKING TOURNAMENT

• WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Hey can challenge one be corrected to "a light colored beer" instead of "light beer"? We will be in one of America's finest craft beer cities and if anyone orders a "light beer" they should be removed from the metropolitan area.

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    We are the Interceptors. We are the silent watchmen of the wastelands. We stand between the chaos and the people. We are the black wall, ever vigilant. We are the law. And our booze shall NOT be denied.

Edit :Guys: stop 'agreeing' and 'awesoming' posts here. We've got perfectly valid 'Shiny!' 'Witness me!' and 'What a lovely day!' for this *g*

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Westrunner wrote: »
    Hey can challenge one be corrected to "a light colored beer" instead of "light beer"? We will be in one of America's finest craft beer cities and if anyone orders a "light beer" they should be removed from the metropolitan area.
    Sure, that's basically what I meant.
    valdor wrote: »
    So is this more of a straight Mad Max style crawl or is it Mad Max Wizards?

We've got a team of post-apoc luchadores, a team that's basically Fallout inspired, two teams of wizards, and Mad Max stuff. It's Post-Apoc TWDT and this shit's gonna be awesome.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    We are the Interceptors. We are the silent watchmen of the wastelands. We stand between the chaos and the people. We are the black wall, ever vigilant. We are the law. And our booze shall NOT be denied.

Edit :Guys: stop 'agreeing' and 'awesoming' posts here. We've got perfectly valid 'Shiny!' 'Witness me!' and 'What a lovely day!' for this *g*

Hmm..
    So not only will I not be the token Canadian on the team, I won't even be the token Montrealer.

Wait, actually, I'm okay with this!

Is your liver ready?

Mine isn't.

edited July 2015
    SutibunRi wrote: »

Hmm..
    So not only will I not be the token Canadian on the team, I won't even be the token Montrealer.

Wait, actually, I'm okay with this!

Is your liver ready?

Mine isn't.

Wait, what? You too?

SWEET!

WE RIDE TO VALHALLA!

I went to a business school named after a beer baron. I'm a grizzled vet of numerous pokecrawls and one TWDT...my liver is primed.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Valiant and Interceptors going to fill up real quick.

• namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    Im really surprised that the Big Boppas still hasnt sold a ticket. Its a fallout themed group. That sounds great!

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'm in! As much as I might regret it... I'm in. :D

Does cider count as a "light colored beer"? :P

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Sure, that's basically what I meant.
    valdor wrote: »
    So is this more of a straight Mad Max style crawl or is it Mad Max Wizards?

We've got a team of post-apoc luchadores, a team that's basically Fallout inspired, two teams of wizards, and Mad Max stuff. It's Post-Apoc TWDT and this shit's gonna be awesome.

Just so I can hopefully get a costume together, but does the Interceptor have a theme??

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    edited July 2015
    Interceptors seem to be sort of poc-apoc justicebringers, from my reading. So, could have a cop/sheriff/medic/paramilitary thing going.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
    Interceptors seem to be sort of poc-apoc justicebringers, from my reading. So, could have a cop/sheriff/medic/paramilitary thing going.

That is what I was thinking also. Just wanted to be sure lol

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular

Kinda what I was thinking too. Unless TOG points in a different direction, I was thinking to dig into my roll bag for some base layers. The rest of the base layer is stuff already in my closet for normal wear. :D

edited July 2015
    The Mad Max factions are all named after cars from the movies. The Interceptors are named after this:
    250121_900.png

So we're basically Team Main Force Patrol/Team Mad Max. :biggrin: Feel free to dress however you want though. Idgaf if people wanna show up as War Boys or whatever. Half the reason we didn't stick to actual faction names is because we wanted a lot of leeway in how people can do their costumes.

I was totally gonna make a recruitment poster for us but THE INTERCEPTORS ARE SOLD OUT!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    Does cider count as a "light colored beer"? :P

Absolutely.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    THE VALIANT still have room for a few more high quality drunken wizard friends. Only the most glorious of times will be had.

edited July 2015
    ATTENTION INTERCEPTORS!

We have a headquarters!
    https://www.facebook.com/MadPAXTheInterceptors

We are also in need of a sober designated bar crawler!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    Team Valiant, represent!

Oh gosh, I'm finally going to attend this event and I can't even control my excitement right now.

Im really surprised that the Big Boppas still hasnt sold a ticket. Its a fallout themed group. That sounds great!

Yeah, I'm a little shocked by that too tbh. I though that was gonna be a popular one, especially with Fallout 4 on the way.
    TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

wWuzwvJ.png
    Valiant we're almost "sold" out! Gather here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/998922910132045/

Valiant we're almost "sold" out! Gather here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/998922910132045/

Your cover photo is fantastic.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • sushislushiesushislushie Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Hi friends! Couple of questions:

1) If my drinking tolerance is literally 1 beer/shot/drink, am I doomed to not be able to participate much in this :(? Are there other exciting happenings besides the drinking challenges at each of the stops (or perhaps better phrased, how does the story play into everything)?
    2) If I am maybe 30-60 minutes late (depending on flight delays), would it still be allowed to join/get into the loop and figure out what I missed?

sushislushie on
    If my drinking tolerance is literally 1 beer/shot/drink, am I doomed to not be able to participate much in this :(? Are there other exciting happenings besides the drinking challenges at each of the stops?
    You can always sign on as a Doof Warrior and help keep the party going! It's a sober position who's job is basically to keep all the other drunks in line and make sure the other inevitably shitfaced team leaders stay on task.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    2) If I am maybe 30-60 minutes late (depending on flight delays), would it still be allowed to join/get into the loop and figure out what I missed?

What you missed will be ~28-58 minutes of drunken shenanigans.

• bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    I want to give thanks to the folks behind the theme. I was worried that the teams would be Immortan Joe/Bullet Farm/People Eater centric. That would have been.....unpleasant.

However you completely blew that out of the water and created something awesome. Thank you!! I really look forward to drinking with you all in Vodkahalla!

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    Pk1EEY6.jpg

wWuzwvJ.png
    Well, looks like I need to find some used riot gear that can fit me lol (joking but not joking)

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Gigahorse Jockeys have a facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/768509316597651/

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
    altmann wrote: »
    Gigahorse Jockeys have a facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/768509316597651/

UPDATED!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Where my Hufflepuffs gonna be?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Where my Hufflepuffs gonna be?
    A bunch of us are in the NightRiders!!

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    Gonna Nightriders it up

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Signing up for the Boppas! After four years of telling myself "I'm going to do the Tri-Wizard one of these years." THIS. IS. THE. YEAR.

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    I am literally at Disneyland right now, but The Bullet Club will have a Facebook group soon.

• strawberrycorstrawberrycor Registered User regular
    hi friends

i found this glorious party via PAX Parties tweetar

i registered myself and my four friends who will be attending PAX with me as the "War Riggers"

It appears we have no group members...or leader yet?

WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS

• Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular
    What's this years Slytherin and I can still join that group?

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bau5 wrote: »
    What's this years Slytherin and I can still join that group?
    if you enjoyed slytherin death eaters in the past, I would join whatever team TOGsolid is leading in the OP.

• meinriddlemeinriddle Registered User regular
    If you want to join a team of post apocalyptic pro wrestlers, or you just like getting drunk in a luchador mask, please join the Peacekeepers aka The Bullet Club.

I joined up. This seems like a good chance to follow the buzzards...

cc4891a8c4812866ca3204b87aa57566_original.jpg?1395977323

• flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    ATTENTION INTERCEPTORS!

We have a headquarters!
    https://www.facebook.com/MadPAXTheInterceptors

We are also in need of a sober designated bar crawler!

Sent a pm, I need to be up early the next day (like 6am) so I'll take one for your team if you still need a sober assist.

• NymphodorahNymphodorah SeattleRegistered User regular
    Gigahorse Jockeys whadduuuuuuuuuup!

So excited to build a costume for this.

If no weapons, does that mean no "steampunked" out nerf guns allowed?

It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to.
    Twitter: ACatlett206
    Battletag: Tonks#1448
    Steam/Xbox: Nymphodorah
    Tumblr: thenerdy-narwhal
    Gigahorse Jockeys whadduuuuuuuuuup!

So excited to build a costume for this.

If no weapons, does that mean no "steampunked" out nerf guns allowed?

None. It's actually illegal to bring any sort of firearm, fake or not, into an establishment that serves alcohol.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
This discussion has been closed.