As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Weekly Bundle:

Pay at least $1 for:
    • Trine 2 Complete Story
    • Lumino City
    • Hack & Slash
    BTA:
    • A City Sleeps
    • The Marvellous Miss Take
    Pay at least $12 for:
    • Gravity Ghost
    • Sunset

I think I'm gonna get that just for Hack 'n Slash, that looks super interesting.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Marvellous Miss Take looks good at BTA price. It and Invisible Inc makes me wonder how a similar game, but with co-op would play out (ie, turn-based stealth co-op).

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    CONTEST TIME!

Time for another Pixie Giveaway Contest. It's been too long. I'm a terrible person. This will be a Pick-Your-Game giveaway.

What can you win?
    Pretty much anything you want. The winner will get his or her choice of any game on Steam up to $60 USD, including not-yet-out stuff like Fallout 4. If I can buy it with this made-up $60 bill in my hand, you can have it.

What do you have to do?
    Simple!
    Well, sort of simple!
    PM me expressing your interest in playing. Include in your PM three things: your favorite color and two things. Things like "a bread truck" or "an ICBM" or "an elbow" or whatever! They must be things, not vague concepts. But be creative and devious and dastardly.... because...

In a couple days (probably Saturday, but depending on when enough people enter), I will randomize ALL THE THINGS and assign each contestant two of the submitted things. You will then have a day or two to make or find an image that combines those two things in some fashion. Best entry wins! I reserve the right to put the entries up to a forum poll because I'm evil that way.

Clear? Questions? Whatever - go! PM me your entries.

Edit: Also, please kept the suggestions relatively clean. You never know who will end up having to GIS whatever you come up with.

Edit 2: And if you just want to play but don't want the prize for whatever reason, you can name a surrogate prize-taker if you win.

Blame Corrigan. This was his idea. Sort of.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    why is The Saboteur not on steam? I started replaying it today and remembered quickly why I love it so much after this

'Dierker isn't who you think he is'
    'he's not a motherless arse-faced knobjockey?'

I miss Pandemic

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    @Ataxrxes Hey don't do that if you don't want the other games. I happen to have an extra copy of Hack and Slack if you'd like it.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Was it released before or after Origin?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Wiki says two years before Origin. Huh.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    But it's still EA, so I'm gonna blame them.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Well, yeah, of course.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    @Ataxrxes Hey don't do that if you don't want the other games. I happen to have an extra copy of Hack and Slack if you'd like it.

Oh, too late! Thanks though! It's all good, more gifts for people later!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You can't even have a discussion about balls with @Pixelated Pixie without her viciously attacking you.

RDM9fA8.png

Ball is life. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @Halfazedninja for Not GTAV!

Kanden on
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @Pixelated Pixie for Her Story (and her impeccable logic)! <3 After hearing all of the positive buzz about this game on the thread, I'm really looking forward to playing it myself!
    7llXSHL.png

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    That's faulty logic. It's not His-story. It's Hi-story.

But still nice of Pixie to gift you He-story.

... oh dear, I see a problem here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    daHBAkY.png

@Antoshka is just plain impossible. We go from a totally innocent discussion to backstabbery in a minute flat.

Thanks! This looks wonderful and all of @Iolo's screenshots and his description made it super appealing.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I return from work to find two gifts! Thanks to @sumanai for NotGTAV and @Jragghen for Heroes Rise Trilogy in which I can supposedly create a Lady Bugy heroine. WHo I'll murder in a variety of ways. <3

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I return from work to find two gifts! Thanks to sumanai for NotGTAV and Jragghen for Heroes Rise Trilogy in which I can supposedly create a Lady Bugy heroine. WHo I'll murder in a variety of ways. <3

Buffy.gif

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually a half-assed ninja would probably be pretty loud and obvious. I'm picturing the NINJA SMOKE BOMB VANISH!, but the ninja is still standing there. Then he flips you off, and walks away. That would be a half-assed ninja.
    Bad_506239_1546274.gif

I love that movie so much.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I return from work to find two gifts! Thanks to sumanai for NotGTAV and Jragghen for Heroes Rise Trilogy in which I can supposedly create a Lady Bugy heroine. WHo I'll murder in a variety of ways. <3

Buffy.gif

Everyone knows that Cat Noir would be the one to go for, Isy.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Been off the net for a couple days and come back to the pleasant surprise of Tales of Symponia getting a PC release.

I do find it amusing the other preorder bonuses for Zestria are DLC costumes for games that never hit the platform.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    ends in the morning
    Got food poisoning before work, after tossing my cookies and cleaning the smell from my mustache, I ran into a high school crush I had.

She said I looked handsome. This really made my day, cookie and stomach issues aside.
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

This contest was fueled by despair and avian betrayal, countered with the thin ray of kindness

I know I should enter that pixie contest, but I need to find something I want that's within my PC's limits.

Oh, and Sabateur is shitty on my 4800+ and 512 4850 yet newer games run better. I tried it with everything and nothing worked. On the other hand, I got it free during EA's masssive fuckup on Origin, so no big loss.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Stick of Truth continues to be fantastic. Just finished Day One, and I'm already a completely overpowered bad-ass archer-Jew.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    South Park was indeed great and I greatly look forward to the sequel.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Oh, and Sabateur is shitty on my 4800+ and 512 4850 yet newer games run better. I tried it with everything and nothing worked. On the other hand, I got it free during EA's masssive fuckup on Origin, so no big loss.

Wiki says The Saboteur had problems with ATI cards. I guess that never got properly fixed. There's workarounds in the link but they seem incredibly ham-fisted.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Wiki says The Saboteur had problems with ATI cards. I guess that never got properly fixed. There's workarounds in the link but they seem incredibly ham-fisted.

RAGE had similar issues that were solved with a download. Buyer beware.....oh wait, I didn't buy it!

@Stolls Does I AM Alive get better after you crawl through that building at the beginning and fight with those three men? That's as far as I got and I'm really close to the rebate limit. I really didn't like getting promised a pacific path and then having to kill the first person I met.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Beat Brutal Legend again (Thanks again @iolo ) and man does that game have style.

Also, I learned that Ozzy Osborne's "Mr. Crowley" is kind of a neat song.

• Options
    Beat Brutal Legend again (Thanks again @iolo ) and man does that game have style.

Also, I learned that Ozzy Osborne's "Mr. Crowley" is kind of a neat song.
    Ugggghhhhhhhh, that scene!

Look at the concept art to see why you have to go back and play every mission and but lose them first.

Dammit, there's no good video of any of them.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    That was actually my biggest disappointment with Brutal Legend. The soundtrack was really kickass, but I don't think it made me discover any new songs or bands that I enjoyed. Now compare that to my THPS years, or even Guitar Hero, where every iteration would have something cool and new to my ears.

Edit: alright, my biggest disappointment was finding out they hid an RTS in there halfway through. Still...

oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No, there's special cutscenes for every last mission when you lose. From the dead leader, to the coil's leader.

Bah, I have to go back and play it all over again, don't I?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Farcical scenes on GAME (UK equivalent of Gamestop, pretty much) 's website this morning. They're the only UK supplier of the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition and had a new (and final) batch up for sale today. The site fell over immediately they went on sale due to the demand, the X1 and PS4 versions are now sold out again, and the PC version has yet to even have a pre-order button show up on its page, although their Twitter account says a) they're aware of that problem and b) that they had stock on all platforms including PC. The site is now seemingly functional again but that pre-order button is still missing. So it's wear-out-the-F5-button time. Sigh.

EDIT: I've got an appointment today so I'm going to drop in on a nearby B&M GAME store on my way and hope they've got some left. Sadly they're not updating their Twitter/FB feeds as often as some branches (GAME lets them have their own individual accounts as well as the big overarching company one).

I dread to think how many of these things are getting snapped up by eBay scalpers.

EDIT EDIT: Pre-order button appeared for PC and site immediately started straining again. Managed to get my order through after several attempts. Have confirmation number but still awaiting confirmation email. Bloody crazy.

Jazz on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    A reminder: I'm giving away two copies of Iron Brigade and it ends in just a few hours!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbwcNPAe3A

Turn No Man's Land
    Into Real Man's Land
    SteevL wrote: »
    Hey, how many people here don't own Iron Brigade? It's such a good third person shooter + tower defense hybrid with co-op. They recently removed GFWL from the game and are working on fixing some bugs. Apparently it disconnects a lot in 3-4 player games? That sucks, I hope they fix it soon! Anyway, it's only $2.99 on the Humble Store right now. Also, I'm giving away two copies:
    signature.png

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote: »
    Edit: alright, my biggest disappointment was finding out they hid an RTS in there halfway through. Still...

But... That was the best part of the game!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually a half-assed ninja would probably be pretty loud and obvious. I'm picturing the NINJA SMOKE BOMB VANISH!, but the ninja is still standing there. Then he flips you off, and walks away. That would be a half-assed ninja.
    Bad_506239_1546274.gif

I love that movie so much.

What's the name of the movie? I'm curious now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

And we can blame the marketing department for hiding the RTS stuff. Seriously, that was pretty dumb. The demo had no indication of the RTS stuff. It was just the amazing introduction of the game with its serviceable third person action gameplay.

I do remember there was a video explaining the RTS stuff shortly before the game came out, but most people were exposed to the demo and probably expected a pure third person action game.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kung Pow?

It would have to be with Jack Black playing himself.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The best part of Brutal Legend is the voice cast. Somebody threw Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Tim Curry, Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy and Rob Halford into a single game and it was fucking awesome.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Just a quick update since I haven't posted here since I started the new job. So far I love it. Minimal Human Interaction and zero bullshit. I also am getting paid decently.

<.<

>.>

I may be able to start some real trouble now :biggrin:

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I put Batman to bed at 100% (story and sidequest wise, not achievements) at around 2AM last night. I've been anticipating that so long I have no idea what to even play next. Not that I am at all lacking in options.

• Options
    Just a quick update since I haven't posted here since I started the new job. So far I love it. Minimal Human Interaction and zero bullshit. I also am getting paid decently.

<.<

>.>

I may be able to start some real trouble now :biggrin:

Dream job detected.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I just saw that Games Republic has a deal where, if you pre-order This War of Mine on Android, you get a free copy of the Steam game and the pre-order is $10 which is only a little more than the cheapest the Steam version has been.

For people that played TWoM, how well would it translate to a touchscreen?

Also, I see that Games Republic has something about setting up your own store where you recommend games and if people buy them through your "store" then you get a 15% cut. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that it would not be kosher to be posting links to buy the game through your store, even if you were recommending it based on the game and the price.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
This discussion has been closed.