As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:HW] Ye Olde Threade

DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi KisaragiRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in MMO Extravaganza

The Garlean Empire called down the Red Moon and forever changed the face of Eorzea when Dalamud came crashing down. The imprisoned Elder Primal Bahamut broke free of his crimson prison and, despite the efforts of Warriors of Light and Scions alike, rained hellfire down upon the continent, forever changing the landscape and the lives of those who called Eorzea home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOOFCltZuc

Louisoix Leveilleur sacrificed himself to propel the Warriors of Light into the future to protect them from the Calamity above. His last efforts mortally wounded Bahamut and saved Eorzea for total annihilation. 5 years later the Warriors of Light reappear in the land and take up arms against threats both new and old. Ancient Primals are summoned and defeated, The Garlean threat is temporarily stayed, and Bahamut is finally defeated completely. However a new peril faces the Alliance from within, and new threats rear their ancient heads from without in the neighboring City-State of Ishgard. As the Warriors of Light ready themselves against this new challenge, we wait breathlessly in anticipation, gazing ever Heavensward.

*WARNING MAJOR STORY SPOILERS WITHIN*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoBojYsuOI
*WARNING MAJOR STORY SPOILERS WITHIN*

14 Day Free Trial: http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/
Benchmark: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

The game is available for PC (Steam and Non-Steam) PS3, and PS4!(And yes all players can play with eachother regardless of platform!)
Final Fantasy XIV has been out for almost two years now and has been a resounding success in a market saturated with forgettable and broken MMOs both new and old. Square Enix has has delivered a rich, vibrant world, with interesting stories and characters, challenges to be conquered, crafts to be created, baubles to be collected, and generally a large variety of activities from the most casual of players to the most hardcore. With the inclusion of the Golden Saucer we also now have Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad among a host of other side activities for players to enjoy.

Every 3 months there is a new content patch which adds new dungeons, advances the main storyline, epic fights, side quests, humorous stories, and fun activities for all to enjoy. In between these massive patches (and they are quite huge) are quality of life updates, and smaller content patches to keep players constantly coming back for more. There are few MMOs in the history of the genre that have released content of this quality and at this pace.

Since the game came out in 2013, we have had a total of 5 major content patches and one Expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQPL1tS36E

The new Heavensward Expansion released on June 23rd
It came with a host of new content including (but not limited to) the following:
  • 7 new massive zones all 50-100% larger than existing zones
  • Flying mounts
  • Free Company Airships
  • 3 new Jobs
  • 2 New Primals
  • New Endgame raid with Alexander
  • 50+ hours of Story content
  • Level cap increase to 60
  • Crafting Specialization
  • Gathering Specialization
  • New zones deisgned around flying
  • Amazing new dungeons

Races:
TiO3QkM.png
(Warning lots of lore within, just note your Race selection doesn't matter like it did in FFXI, there are minor stat differences and at worst you are looking at a 6 point difference in any particular stat, but when you are dealing with stats in the 500's it doesn't matter much. So just pick what you think is cool, besides you can always change later with a Phial of Fantasia purchased for real money)

Hyur: Naming Conventions
bw4YPnO.png
Over the course of some one thousand years and three great migratory waves, the Hyur have come to be the most populous of the civilized races in Eorzea. Compared to the others, theirs is an average physique, both in terms of height and build. The Hyur champion personal freedom and liberty, and their espousal of an eclectic variety of languages and traditions is a legacy of their diverse heritage?as is their resulting lack of a unified cultural identity.

The Hyur are divided into the Midlanders and the Highlanders.
Miqo'te: Naming Conventions
Irvdaqh.png
Though their presence in Eorzea is lesser than that of the other races, the Miqo'te are easily distinguished by their large, projecting ears and restless, feline tails. The ancestors of this line first made their way to the realm during the Age of Endless Frost in the Fifth Umbral Era, traversing frozen seas in pursuit of the wildlife upon which they subsisted. Instinctual territoriality causes many among them to lead solitary lifestyles. Males in particular are said to shy from contact with others.

They are divided into the Seekers of the Sun, and the Keepers of the Moon.
Elezen: Naming Conventions
r6NSyXE.png
The Elezen are a characteristically tall people, long of limb and slender of build. They are also possessed of a somewhat extended lifespan in comparison to the Hyur. The Elezen once claimed sole dominion over Eorzea, their presence predating that of the other races, and, as such, developed a heightened sense of honor and pride. In years past, the Hyur migration into Elezen lands sparked bitter conflict. At present, however, the mutual understanding reached between the two races allows them to work towards mutual peace and prosperity.

The Elezen are divided into the Wildwood, and the Duskwight.
Roegadyn: Naming Conventions
RA4zB3L.png
The Roegadyn are easily identified by their massive, muscular frames. They are descended from a maritime people that roamed the northern seas, though many of their ancestors turned their longships south to brave the crossing into Eorzean waters. Often considered a barbaric race, the fiercely competitive Roegadyn are also known for their compassion and unswerving loyalty. Many of the greatest warriors in history were born of Roegadyn stock.

The Roegadyn are divided into the Sea Wolves, and the Hellsguard.
Lalafell: Naming conventions
C65FkC7.png
The Lalafell are a folk both rotund and diminutive. Small by any race's standards and possessed of a childlike countenance, it proves difficult for non-Lalafell to gauge an individual's age with any degree of accuracy. Originally an agricultural people inhabiting the fertile islands of the south seas, they found their way to Eorzea via the burgeoning trade routes. Lalafell are welcoming of outsiders, and share prosperous relations with all of the other races of Eorzea.

The Lalafell are divided into the Plainsfolk and the Dunesfolk.

New Race added in Heavensward Expansion: Au Ra
20141221045635a0dz1r6j5seg13cj.jpg

Classes: (Letter in parenthesis designates the city in which each Class has it's guild. Cities are Gridania (G), Limsa Lominsa (L), and Ul'dah (U)

*Note: Only the Disciples of War/Magic are available as a starting class (except Rogue). The Disciples of Hand/Land can be switched to once you unlock the ability to change class around lvl 10.

Jobs
The Jobs and their Class requirements:
  • Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
  • Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
  • Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
  • Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
  • Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
  • White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
  • Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
  • Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
  • Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer
  • Ninja = 30 Rogue / 15 Pugilist
  • Dark Knight = No Base Class, starts at lvl 30
  • Astrologian = No Base Class, starts at lvl 30
  • Machinist = No Base Class, starts at lvl 30

Nitty Gritty on the Class/Job system:
In FFXIV: ARR your character is able to access any and all classes and jobs that exist within the game. Unlike most other MMOs where you choose a single class at the start and are stuck with that Class throughout the game, FFXIV: ARR allows you to change your Class at will once you unlock the ability to do so by taking your starting Class to level 10 and completing the appropriate quest.

Each Class in FFXIV: ARR is leveled separately and retains any and all XP you gain on that Class when you switch. This means if you start as a Marauder and take it to level 15 and switch to Conjurer, your Marauder Class remains level 15 and you are now a level 1 Conjurer. If you play your Conjurer for awhile get to level 4 or so and decide to switch back to Marauder you are now a lvl 15 Marauder again and your Conjurer remains at level 4.

To switch your class (after completing the unlock quest) you simply seek out the desired Class Guild and speak to the Guild Receptionist who will give you a quest to speak to the Guildmaster. Upon speaking to the Guildmaster you will receive a weapon/tool appropriate to the desired Class and by equipping that weapon/toll you will transform into that Class.

The nice thing about having the ability to change your Class is that you are able to unlock abilities on each Class that you can then carry over to other Classes. Want a Lancer that can Cure? How about an Archer with Second Wind? Maybe a nice Parry buff on your Gladiator? All of this is possible by leveling up the appropriate Class that has the ability you want and then switch to the Class you want to use it on and set the ability you want from the Skills menu.

Jobs are a bit different as they are extensions of certain Classes. Once you reach the requisite level of the appropriate Classes (usually around lvl 30) you can unlock the Job associated with that Class or Classes. A Job is a more specialized version of the Class or Classes that it is associated with. A Conjurer for example can become a White Mage, and a Pugilist can become a Monk. Each Job has it's own requirements that must be met before you can unlock it.

New Info: The Expansion changed this however as the 3 new classes dol not have a base class. Instead they can be unlocked by visiting Ishgard in the Heavensward Expansion. To reach Ishgard you will need to have completed the story quests up to patch 2.55 which requires a lvl 50 character and an average gear level of 90. Given how massive the story is in this game this can be quite the undertaking if you are starting a brand new character
New Jobs added in Heavensward
Note: To access these jobs you will need the Expansion, a character at lvl 50, and will have completed all of the story quests up to and including patch 2.55. This requires at minimum item level 90 to achieve and for a new player is quite a time intensive process to get through all the story.
MNSoIXq.jpg
Dark Knight - Tank..........................................................Astrologian - Healer...............................................................Machinist - DPS

NNID: delphinidaes
Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
delphinidaes.png
Delphinidaes on

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    PA Community Info

Server:
    Sargatanas (Legacy) NA (Aether datacenter)
    Current Server Status: www.arrstatus.com

All PS3/PS4 and PC players play on the exact same servers with each other. There are Japanese servers (located in Japan) and Western Servers (located in Montreal)

Free Company (Guild)
    Official Penny Arcade Forum FC:
    Ghost in the Linkshell <GHOST> (gitl.enjin.com)

You can be invited to the FC via the following methods:
    • Send a /tell message to the following people:
      -Sionnach Rua
      -Delphi Kisaragi
      -Rie Himawari
      -Lavinia Lansfeld
      -Sarah Corehealer
      -Jakarrd
      -Masha Amariyo
    • "Examine" any <GHOST> member and click on the FC Name "Ghost in the Linkshell" then submit an application with "PA" in it somewhere.

Voice Chat
    Mumble info:
    Server: central2.voice.enjin.com:60348
    Password: (Ask in Free Company for now)

Useful Info

I'm about to run a dungeon I haven't done before! I need a quick rundown! Help!
    http://ffxivdungeons.com/

I've just come back to the game, What have I missed?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/28vn5j/what_did_i_miss_patch_notes_universal_summary
    What level do I unlock ___________?
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content
    Guide to catching up to 3.0 Heavensward Expansion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3bheg1/guide_to_catching_up_to_patch_30_heavensward/
    Ok I hit lvl 60 now what?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmBVks_f36Ytw7INoQkHYchB5_QSiYhGA4MCl0rhZ0/preview?sle=true
    How to Set Up Good Targeting Filters
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1knlxo/demystifying_targeting_and_filters_a_keyboard_and/
    Ishtaar's super helpful beginner's guide to Crafting in FFXIV!
    Eee it depends on what you want to do in the end. If you want to be a master crafter (2/3 star stuff), you do sortof need everything at 50, here's what a basic 3 star crafting rotation looks like. That's what I was going for, and because I'm a batshit crazy completionist I just leveled all of them simultaneously, 5 levels at a time.

So if you're a normal person, you probably don't want to do that. ;) So here's what you want to do:

Get Culinary, Alchemy, Weaver, Carpenter, and Leatherworking to 15. (Really just get everything to 15, it's relatively quick if you just make one of everything in your crafting log and do the quests, a couple levels late if you need to) But those 5 at least.

So once you've leveled everything to 15, here's where things get fun: Your very basic low level HQ strategy! I say strategy rather than rotation since it's more important to know why you're mashing buttons rather than memorizing an order.

Start out with Inner Quiet. Inner Quiet is a stacking buff that increases your control (the HQ stat) every time you successfully increase an items quality. Once you get this stacked like 3, 4, 8 times, your "touch" abilities will increase the quality more and more and more.

So we need to increase quality, but we're throttled by CP. Here's when Culinary comes in. Hasty Touch costs nothing, but it's only a 50% success rate. Steady Hand (and later Steady Hand II fro 37 CUL) increases the success rate by 20% (and 30%) so it'll still fail, but not as often. You'll use Steady Hand I or II and Hasty Touch to stack Inner Quiet and get your quality up, this is actually still true in 3 star crafting and where the RNG comes from. Also, the item's current condition affects the amount of the quality bar is increased per touch, if excellent ALWAYS use a touch skill if it wont break your craft. Also, try to use Basic Touch on Excellents if your CP allows it, since the success rate is higher.

OK so now we have to worry about durability. Master's Mend I & II are just a flat increase and what you'll use most of the time, but (advanced stuff!) Waste Not (15 CRP) and Manipulation (15 GSM) can add some different strategies, for 40 dura stuff especially. We'll get to using those for quality increases another time, it's rough to have the CP at low level. Waste Not will be important below...

You'll notice you're burning through CP rather quickly and that's where our 15 ALC skill, Tricks of the Trade, comes into play. Using a "touch" skill when the synth quality is good makes the quality increase more, but having an extra swing with 7 stacks of Inner Quiet is even better. Pretty much every "good" quality, use a Tricks of the Trade to get CP back.

Ultimately, you'll want CRP 50 for Byregot's Blessing which gives you a boatload of quality and is how we HQ 2/3 star stuff, but that's a long term goal. For now, we'll use the 15 CRP skill Rumination, which kills your Inner Quiet stack but gives you a pile of CP back. Once your quality is at 100% or as high as you can get it, use Rumination so you have some CP back to either Master's Mend or Waste Not. (depending on your current durability and how much your Synthesis swings do)

And last, the reason we leveled WVR, Careful Synthesis. There's noting more infuriating than getting to 100% quality and then having that last progress swing fail and having your item smash. Careful Synth is 100%.

Quick summary:
    Start with Inner Quiet
    Tricks of the Trade whenever the condition is good
    Use Steady Hand/Hasty Touch to increase quality and stack Inner Quiet
    Master's Mend to restore Durability
    Once you've increased quality as much as you can, Rumination to restore CP, Master's Mend/Waste Not, Careful Synth to finish off progress.

From there, the most important skills to get are Steady Hand II (37 CUL) and Careful Synth II (50 WVR), which just kind of improve the above strategy. Then later, go for Byregot's Blessing (50 CRP) which changes all of this entirely!
    Advanced Crafting guide!
    Pre-Heavensward Unspoiled Gathering Guide
    http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-unspoiled-gathering-guide-by-caimie-tsukino.53/
    Heavensward Gathering Guide
    http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-heavensward-gathering-guide-by-caimie-tsukino.157/
    Melding and Overmelding Materia
    http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ffxiv-crafting-gathering-gear-overmelding-guide-by-caimie-tsukino.50/
    Accuracy Caps for Binding Coil of Bahamut Turns 1-9
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/278dx2/accuracy_cap_for_everything_coil_19/
    Chocobo Racing Guides
    https://ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/
    How To Tank in FFXIV with lovely sprite visuals!
    http://i.imgur.com/smNx1ZX.jpg
    What do all these different icons mean?
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dictionary_of_Icons
    Heavensward Community Job Guides:
    (AST) Astrologian
    (BRD) Bard
    (BLM) Black Mage
    (DRK) Dark Knight
    (DRG) Dragoon
    (MCH) Machinist
    (MNK) Monk
    (NIN) Ninja
    (PLD) Paladin
    (SCH) Scholar
    (SMN) Summoner
    (WAR) Warrior
    (WHM) White Mage

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    As a friendly remind the expansion is barely 2 weeks old. Please keep all story spoilers behind spoiler tags to let new and old players alike experience them without worry.

delphinidaes.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If anyone is interested in trying the game for the first time, feel free to send a PM to anyone willing to refer you as a friend for bonus rewards (myself included).

I still think adding a list of people looking to refer to the OP would be helpful and maybe less spammy.

Back on point, I think the new English voices are far and away better sounding and better performing than the old ones. Normally I hate when a VA abruptly changes, but I can get behind this improved cast.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I wasnt a fan of Merlwyb's (the admiral) new voice actor. Otherwise, all good.

Syphyre on
    Syphyre wrote: »

At least I don't imagine Maleficent anymore every time I hear her talk. :P

• Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    I can give you a recruit a friend code as well, also I'll make you gear to help you get started with your job. PM me or /w Soup Sifu in game. :D

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I, too, can provide you a recruit-a-friend code.

I want YOU for the Dragoon Army!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular

Apparently her VA is the same as the old one, just with different voice direction.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    korodullin wrote: »

Apparently her VA is the same as the old one, just with different voice direction.

... Huh.

I wasn't a fan of the new Admiral voice work either, but that's interesting.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

... Huh.

What are you guys doing listening to the English voice acting?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well I'm not much a fan of it.

Really, maybe the VAs are in general better. But I hate how it feels like they just slathered the whole cast with a thick coat of British.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm using jp voicing so that way I can make no judgement either way on the quality of it

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Speaking of JP, I'm really tempted to go to a net cafe and play an hour or so with you guys on the JP client. I want to see all those auto translate texts. Wish me luck on my test today!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

... Huh.

What are you guys doing listening to the English voice acting?
    I like to understand what the characters are saying even if the sound of their voice makes me want to punch them sometimes.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    They changed Admiral Badass' voice?

Now I am sad.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    They changed Admiral Boobs' voice?

Now I am sad.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Bismark EX: Neat.

Ravana EX: Seems fun so far.

edited July 2015

Now I am sad.

On the subject (minor lvl 51 story spoilers):
    if the group reunites with Minfilia, I hope Tataru puts her awesome tailor skills to work in giving her a better, less cheescake-y outfit.

or maybe an even sexier one, that could work too...

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Well, finally hit 50 on WHM (should probably get around to getting swift cast at this point >.>). Story is great fun, assholes speed running the Castrum while I'm in cut scenes is less fun. Just got the final mission to do for the standard 2.0 stuff.

When it comes to poetics and stuff am I right in thinking to more or less just ignore them at this point? Considering HW gear is presumably better?

Well, finally hit 50 on WHM (should probably get around to getting swift cast at this point >.>). Story is great fun, assholes speed running the Castrum while I'm in cut scenes is less fun. Just got the final mission to do for the standard 2.0 stuff.

When it comes to poetics and stuff am I right in thinking to more or less just ignore them at this point? Considering HW gear is presumably better?

Poetics gear is ilvl 130 when upgraded so it would last you till around lvl 55 or so in HW but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it since you get stuff as you level in HW anyways.

delphinidaes.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Now I am sad.

I'd follow those anywhere.

HER

Follow her anywhere.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Post-Ravana story cutscene:
    Oh man.

I hope that female Ascian is who I think it is.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    God I have to decide whether to spend my time on this, tor, tsw, or eso. How friendly is the game these days toward casuals/solo? My free time is sporadic and limited. I remember being annoyed by having to get through the ifrit fight back in the beginning.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Very friendly to solo and casual. Roulettes are fast even for dps, and the story is soloable and amazing.

You can casually cap tomestones each week if you desire and they make the gear catch up process relaxed and easy.

Lvl 53 story:
    chIpFdZ.png

I hope this constant bickering between the two leads to a potential romantic relationship.

It would be amusing in a lot of ways.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    From the last thread (stupid can't quote from closed threads):
    Takel wrote:
    Ianator wrote:
    Speaking of crafting, I just swung over to Alchemist.

...Yes, this can be a very deep hole to fall into. Also a very expensive one. Missing three 70% chances in a row suuucks.

You may not have the basic tools to craft yet. Once you get hold of them, completing crafts is fairly simple. HQ'ing them with any degree of reliability or certainty is the challenge

HQing is exactly what I was trying to do. Synthesize or whatever is 90%. Basic Touch is 70% and is what I was missing constantly.

I'm gonna give weaver a try tonight as well. Aren't there supposed to be some kind of cross-class crafting skills eventually?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    From the last thread (stupid can't quote from closed threads):
    Takel wrote:
    Ianator wrote:
    Speaking of crafting, I just swung over to Alchemist.

...Yes, this can be a very deep hole to fall into. Also a very expensive one. Missing three 70% chances in a row suuucks.

You may not have the basic tools to craft yet. Once you get hold of them, completing crafts is fairly simple. HQ'ing them with any degree of reliability or certainty is the challenge

HQing is exactly what I was trying to do. Synthesize or whatever is 90%. Basic Touch is 70% and is what I was missing constantly.

I'm gonna give weaver a try tonight as well. Aren't there supposed to be some kind of cross-class crafting skills eventually?

Yup each crafting class has a lvl 15 ability that you can cross class. There are also key ones that you can cross class at lvl 50 as well.

delphinidaes.png
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    The two most important ones being Hasty Touch (50% base chance but no CP cost) from culinary and Tricks of the Trade (turns Good conditions into +20 CP) from alchemist. Other notable skills are Rapid Synthesis (50% chance of 250% progress) from armorer and Rumination (converts Inner Quiet stacks into CP) from carpenter.

Also, is Flawless Synthesis from goldsmith as useless as it seems?

Man in the Mists on
  • ElucidaElucida Registered User regular
    Lvl 53 story:
    chIpFdZ.png

I hope this constant bickering between the two leads to a potential romantic relationship.

It would be amusing in a lot of ways.

Major Spoilers Below
    I've got bad news for you. She is only into moogles.

FFXIV: Sylvinae Mori
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Story spoilers about Dravanian Aevis
    They should become a future playable race.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    So. Some good news and some not-so-good news that turned into very good news.

First good news: I'm liking the Weaver trade much more than Alchemist. That said, I was silly and didn't notice I could scroll through my recipes - when I couldn't find Hempen Breeches I made Hempen Breeches of Crafting instead. :p

Sooo @Kanden and @Yoshua are getting in-game married! Which leads into the not-so-good news. Their wedding night (Friday the 10th at 8pm Pacific) is the day after my trial expires.

...Adellios decided to do something about that.
    64e65q163s4j.png

...Great, now I have to choose who gets my Refer-a-Friend.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Congrats! Great gift!

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Okay I'll probably renew my sub when I get home from work in the morning. I wonder if my characters still exist.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Final MSQ trial is amazeballs.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I gave in and changed from Miqo'te to Au Ra.
    UmbkH2A.jpg

I think it was the right choice.

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
    By making the flying requirements for every zone a lengthy, often tedious chore, they've basically guaranteed that you will always experience the same amount of satisfaction in unlocking that privilege.

YcekqGT.png

eGeaVui.png

OzGhpQ9.png

hJinP3h.png

sO79cvc.png

Caaaaaaaaaake!

It's been one of the most satisfying feelings of accomplishment I've felt with a videogame in a long time.

• Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I ran into an unpleasant surprise just now as I exhausted my initial supply of ice shards. Is there a better way to get more, other than prying them out of the earth, one by one? My only idea is to pry something else out of the earth that's more valuable and sell them to buy more ice shards

Emperor_Z on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    I ran into an unpleasant surprise just now as I exhausted my initial supply of ice shards. Is there a better way to get more, other than prying them out of the earth, one by one? My only idea is to pry something else out of the earth that's more valuable and sell them to buy more ice shards

You can make your retainer a miner and make them gather shards.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Elin wrote: »
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

You can make your retainer a miner and make them gather shards.

There are also abilities that increase the yield per hit as well, but yeah sometimes it can be a better idea to mine something more profitable and just buy shards from those who do gather them.

delphinidaes.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    By making the flying requirements for every zone a lengthy, often tedious chore, they've basically guaranteed that you will always experience the same amount of satisfaction in unlocking that privilege.
    -snip-

Caaaaaaaaaake!

It's been one of the most satisfying feelings of accomplishment I've felt with a videogame in a long time.

Me every time I saw someone flying before I unlocked flying in that zone,

"You God damn elitist snobs rubbing your bullshit flying in my face!"

Me after I unlocked flying,

"MWHAHAHA! Gaze upon my glory you land bound plebs! Yes, yes take in the majesty of one who is your better!"

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.