As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weight Loss and Fitness: Repent, for Swimsuit Season Is Nigh

1939495969799»

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    If there's a reputable running store by you it's definately worth checking out.

You'll pay a bit more, but if they know what they're doing they'll have you try out various shoes and check your stance and what not. Definately worth it.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    why my body so sore i ain't even gym'd in like a week

I always get most sore in my deload weeks, for what it's worth.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

all i did was go on vacation to cancun and stopped gymming

i guess i fucked around in a hotel gym one day

poo
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    So, I knew the Army tape method wasn't an especially accurate way to calculate body fat percentage, but I just got a Bod Pod test done today, and oof. Almost seven percent higher than I thought.

Trying to just look at it as useful data and not a measurement of my personal worth, but my brain keeps trying to be dumb. Whatevs, brain, you're not the boss of me.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    think of it as insulation, for when you're trapped in a snowstorm.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Knowing your exact body fat is one of the most useless statistics you could have at your disposal. Don't sweat it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i have found, however, that observing a trend in measured body fat is useful

the number itself doesn't matter but the trend has been helpful for me in making adjustments etc

poo
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

all i did was go on vacation to cancun and stopped gymming

i guess i fucked around in a hotel gym one day
    I just meant I get more stiffness and soreness when I haven't been working out heavy as opposed to when I have. Not the fatigue obviously, but definitely more stiffness and that tends to lead to soreness for me

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I did it! I wanted to stay home so bad and it was so reasonable to not go, but I went to the god damn gym! Now my butt is sore. Peak buttock pain,

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    seems like I should not have dipped to 1600 calories a day

edit: my reasoning is i'm doing 15-17 mph on a stationary bike for 30 minutes, 5 times a week, and my calorie intake might be too low now.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Been diligently counting calories and eating clean lately, but went and had a pizza and a bag of chips yesterday. It's kind of hilarious being able to visually see on a graph how much of a spike that makes when actually tracking calories.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Gym milestone, lack of sleep made me shit the bed on all my weights so I don't know what made me think trying to do a 50kg squat for the first time would be a great idea.

Long story short, my ass smote the floor most loudly followed by the weights and the back of my head. I didn't bail "correctly" so I almost gave myself a concussion. The entire weight room was staring at me. FML.

One plus point I could tell that if I wasn't having a shit day I would have totally pulled it off. Looks like those months and months of zero-impact leg exercises finally strengthened my knees up enough to do squats seriously.

Falx on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I went for an hour and a half long bike ride.

I think the gps on my gear S isn't very good though.

According to what was on the bike I went ~24 km, but my watch says I only went 14. Which is odd because when I got to the halfway point where I turned around my watch said I had travelled 12 km, and I went back the exact same path.
    What's more is that it says I was biking for an hour and 26 minutes, and that I averaged 15km/h, but still says I only went 14 km.

Overall nice bike ride, wind could have been gentler, but disappointed in my watch.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    goddammit, I think I'm wearing through my running shoes and I've only had them about three months.

... this is probably a sign that I should buy actual running shoes instead of cycling shoes which I pretend are for running.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just did a workout for the first time in a long while and now I am super tired.

But my back and legs feel good.

I really need to diet too though that's what's killing me it's just that's waaay harder to change.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I associate cycling shoes with clipless cleats, which would very unfortunate for running

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I associate cycling shoes with clipless cleats, which would very unfortunate for running

These are just very light-weight runners with a thin but grippy sole, they're sold for cycling because they're thin enough that you can easily slide them in and out of toe-clasps (which can be a pain with full-on sneakers). They're also incredibly comfortable just for walking around in, which is why I always buy them, but i've been told I'm probably destroying my feet/joints.

This discussion has been closed.