As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 3rd Annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl: In Lost Carcosa

swordgoatzswordgoatz Registered User regular
edited July 2015 in PAX West
Note: The 3rd Annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl is now SOLD OUT. Thanks to everyone who snagged tickets, I can't wait to party with you on August 29. Let's do this!

Looking for something to do Saturday night of PAX? Step into the dark and mysterious Seattle borough of Ballard for an interdimensional pubcrawl of celestial importance!

The H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl is Seattle's most epic pubcrawl and megagame. This year, crawlers will assume a specific role in the setting of Lovecraftian Carcosa, and will become locked in an cosmic battle between cultists and investigators.

You could be a hero. You could be a double-agent. You could go insane. Your choices will have a real impact on the outcome of the night. Will the cultists assume power? Or will good unleash its light on the barren landscape of lost Carcosa?

This fully-baked adventure starts at Hilliard's Brewery on Saturday, August 29 at 8:30. You'll assume your identity, organize your team, and start your adventure. From there, the night will take you on a harrowing journey of epic imporatnce (and ichor consumption). Save Seattle! Save the multiverse! There will be prizes!

We are selling tickets this year to cover costs and make the event as awesome as possible. All ticket proceeds will go directly into the event. I have a detailed budget for anyone who'd like to see it, but the basic breakdown is this: 70% of the budget goes to prizes and giveaways, 20% goes to pubcrawl and megagame supplies, and 10% will be reserved for incidentals. Any money left over after the event will be donated to Child's Play.

There are two levels of tickets. The General Admission level ($6) grants you entry into the H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl and full access to the megagame. The VIP Investigator level ($13) includes everything at the General Admission level, plus a poster, an investigator kit (with swag), and priority check-in.

Get your tickets here.

You buy your own drinks. This event is open to everyone 21 and older (no PAX badge required).

And don't forget to RSVP at our Facebook page.

You can catch the D-Line bus from downtown Seattle to Ballard (about a 20-minute ride). It runs every 15-30 minutes and costs $2.50 round trip. For the return trip, there are buses at 12:09 and 12:49 a.m.

Personally, I would recommend Uber going to and from the event. The costs are much lower than a cab, and you can easily call them with the Uber app. If you haven't used Uber before, message a friend who has Uber for a referral code to get your first ride free.

Prime 2016 Status: 4-Day Badges
Attendee: Prime '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15... East '10
swordgoatz on

• Options
    FYI, we are currently at 25% capacity.

• Options
    RussBRussB Registered User regular
    This event is basically as good as PAX. I can't say enough about how unbelievable this event is! The Innsmouth Swim Team will make it's 3rd appearance!

• Options
    RussB wrote: »
    This event is basically as good as PAX. I can't say enough about how unbelievable this event is! The Innsmouth Swim Team will make it's 3rd appearance!

We are so stoked to have you! It wouldn't be the same without you fish people.

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I finally get to join in on this! Much excite!
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."

• Options
    I finally get to join in on this! Much excite!
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."

I'm glad you can be a part of it this year!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Some people have been asking me about the game elements of the Lovecrawl, so I figured I'd post the rules and starting packs from last year. Please note that some game elements will change this year based on thematic elements and feedback from last year. Here is a link to the rules.

And here is a link to the starting pack for the Priest character (there were 8 different characters that players could assume). The red and blue wristbands represent sanity and stamina.

Hope that adds some clarity. I don't want to give too much info away, however. Don't want to spoil the mystery.

Please keep in mind that one of the ways we're "stepping it up" this year is by improving the components.

swordgoatz on
  • Options
    R23R23 Registered User regular
    Woot! Tickets purchased!

• Options
    Note: VIP Investigator tickets are now sold out. General Admission tickets are still available.

• Options
    Note: The Lovecrawl is now 50% sold out.

• Options
    Note: The Lovecrawl is now 75% sold out.

• Options
    90% sold out. We literally have just 17 tickets left. The time is now!

• Options
    Note: The 3rd Annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl is now SOLD OUT. Thanks to everyone who snagged tickets, I can't wait to party with you on August 29. Let's do this!

• Options
    The Official Ticket Exchange Thread is now live on our Facebook Event Page. If you didn't get a chance to snag tickets, you may be able to find some tickets there. Also, if you got tickets but can't make it, this is a great way make someone's day by granting them your tickets.

See you in 8 days!

• Options
    RowwieRowwie CanadaRegistered User regular
    What's the general dress code for this? Do people dress up? I asked on Facebook to an audience of crickets... lol

Prime 2011- Vintage Nintendo
    Prime 2012- Melisandre (GoT)
    Prime 2013- Regular nerd attire
    Prime 2014- Aurin Esper from WIldstar + Vintage Chell
    Prime 2015- Splatoon Inkling + Dream Sequence Bee + Aurin Esper + Vintage Chell
    Prime2016- Handmade nerdy dresses (cosplay break)

• Options
    Rowwie wrote: »
    What's the general dress code for this? Do people dress up? I asked on Facebook to an audience of crickets... lol

It depends on the individual, but the pubs are pretty casual. I personally dress up because I like to, but lots of people go in t-shirts too.

• Options
    I should note to those interested, the "Innsmouth Swim Team" will be making it's 3rd annual appearance. Those looking to join a successful team could totally join us and we could tell you about teams that are successful...those looking to join a FUN team, could join us if the fun teams are full!

• Options

Hey Rowwie. We do try to make this event as immersive as possible. So if dressing up will help you get in the sprit, we highly encourage you to do it!

• Options
    InZaneFleaInZaneFlea Registered User new member
    swordgoatz wrote: »

Hey Rowwie. We do try to make this event as immersive as possible. So if dressing up will help you get in the sprit, we highly encourage you to do it!
    Roger that, I'll bring the tentacles.

• Options
    I remember last year there was a guy dressed (inadvertently, I believe) as Monterey Jack. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/41/63/9d/41639de7bf2f6792cea03c461f717a64.jpg He was awesome!

• Options
    Okay folks, here's the deal. If you didn't snag tix, but still REALLY REALLY REALLY want to come, show up anyway! Well put you on a standby list and fill in spots as they become available (there is a GOOD chance we'll be able to put you in the game). If we can't find a spot for you in the game, you can always just hang out and drink/party with us. See you there!!!