As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One [Webcomics] Man

196979899100102»

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I do love how BTAS basically set the standard for Mr Freeze everything Batman that's come afterwards.

Shit, even Batman and Robin went with the tragic mourning Freeze.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    They couldn't 'kill' anyone on the show.

But they could have them become intangible and sink slowly to the bottom of the earth's core to die a horrible death in darkness and starvation.

I'm pretty sure the Not!Fantastic Four were killed.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    which is basically the worst thing
    Dark Knight Returns is hardly the worst thing, it's sort of a classic, though it is pretty old and sounds like it's got a real hard time meshing with the good elements from that animated stuff.

no I mean the fact that it's become the template for what a lot of people think Batman should always be is the worst thing

Absolutely. DKR and TDK are both pretty good, even great. But their influence on Batman and DC has become tiresome.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    1436317449-VIBE196.jpg

Vibe is about one kid not liking that his sister is so aloof

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I made another thread
    Fear it

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    which is basically the worst thing
    Dark Knight Returns is hardly the worst thing, it's sort of a classic, though it is pretty old and sounds like it's got a real hard time meshing with the good elements from that animated stuff.

no I mean the fact that it's become the template for what a lot of people think Batman should always be is the worst thing
    Ah, that sounds plausible. :3 Haven't watched that animated thing but it sounds like it's more of a updated "golden age" setting with some darker, although contextually realistic/believable, streaks? Meanwhile tDKR was pretty much just a dystopia+supes/bats. :)

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    They couldn't 'kill' anyone on the show.

But they could have them become intangible and sink slowly to the bottom of the earth's core to die a horrible death in darkness and starvation.

I'm pretty sure the Not!Fantastic Four were killed.

As did Mr. Freeze in his Beyond episode.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    What the damn hell 102 pages

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Geth, close thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Whippy. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.